CLOSE: Imperial Officer's Rank bars And Ysanne Isard

Trainee and Cadet Costumers .... here's where you can ask the Veterans Officers all the questions you need to !

Moderators: Paul K, GetzJedi

recon

Post by recon » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:54 pm

Gordonator wrote:
Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo wrote:errm... once suited-up, all r supposed to troop. just tat officers r doing troopers a favor by minding. they should be leading, not minding. :wink:
we're supposed to be in character.
try asking an officer to mind, maybe we get extra duties by doing so.. :lol: maybe even demoted to janitor.. :lol:
personally i think an officer looks better than a person in civilian clothing doing the minding. of course, officer can turn their minding to giving orders, like what CO2 has been doing. 8)
Lord_Angelus wrote:The Officers have to keep the tropper in bay. We can not have all the Tropper running around and pew pewing small kids. :twisted:
kids are Ok though some of them can be rather playful. i'm more concern about those pretty droids.
Im more concern abt troopers who get sidetracked easily. :twisted: Basically i feel imperial officers are there to lead and watch our sixes

Lord_Angelus

Post by Lord_Angelus » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:57 pm

Sev-like wrote:If you're not bothered by lack of screen accuracy and bad rep, you might wanna try Starfortress productions. Here's their site,

http://www.starfortressproductions.com/ ... icers.html
bad rep?

But I do not mind buying over a bar rank from you people.

ok I went to the comic shop and see the x-wing comic book. they gave two diff kind or a few.

One was using the imperial star fleet rank 6. Or the Blue is below and the Red is on top
http://www.starfortressproductions.com/ ... mprank.jpg

Im more concern abt troopers who get sidetracked easily. Basically i feel imperial officers are there to lead and watch our sixes
Knowing that the Troopers have no will power when they see what they want :P

Sev-like

Post by Sev-like » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:06 pm

Well, if you look around IOC or TDH a bit, there are many people complaining about SFP products, namely quality and communications with the dealer. Don't know if any of our local guys got the same experience.

I don't really think any of us make rank bars. I'd made a prototype from aluminum for my future officer, but I'm still lacking the LED caps. Gonna pick them up from Desmond. Can send you the dimensions and some pictures if you want.
Ron Chiang
TX 8700
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

Lord_Angelus

Post by Lord_Angelus » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:17 pm

Sev-like wrote:Well, if you look around IOC or TDH a bit, there are many people complaining about SFP products, namely quality and communications with the dealer. Don't know if any of our local guys got the same experience.

I don't really think any of us make rank bars. I'd made a prototype from aluminum for my future officer, but I'm still lacking the LED caps. Gonna pick them up from Desmond. Can send you the dimensions and some pictures if you want.
It is hard to check the quality becuase it is online base that is the problem.

I think I just lazy to make and I can't find the shop that was selling the LED today T_T... For sidetack to seeing computer games :x And now then I found out that I went to the wrong building. It is at sim Lim TOWER not Sq

May be this weekend will try again to go and find the shop.
Federal Components Pte Ltd #02-06/07

But any idea what kind of backing to use when making the bar?

Sev-like

Post by Sev-like » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:44 pm

Hmm...latest I heard was that its still there last November. Might wanna give them a call before actually going there.

Since your rank bar is basically one piece of metal, you may not need to use a backing. If you wish so, I use a thin piece of PVC, spray painted matte black, stuck on the metal with GOOP. The PVC can be found at Art Friend. If you go to the Bras Basah branch, its place below the section where they sell acrylic sheets. I'd tried CA glue (aka Superglue), but it cracked when the PVC sheet bend.
Ron Chiang
TX 8700
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:05 am

If I remember correctly, Desmond used acrylic wrapped with chrome sticker and back it with adhesive velcro.

I thot of making one last November using Aluminium Sheet but of course, realized its too thin.

Am planning to get proper base from a fellow trooper anyhow when I got the money to spare; make as well spend on it since my uniform already cost double of others :oops: and it's a project planned since a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away (aka it's more of my Character's Costume :P Now when am I gonna get the Green Wig? :lol: )
Last edited by Haldir on Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lord_Angelus

Post by Lord_Angelus » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:14 am

Haldir wrote:If I remember correctly, Desmond used acrylic wrapped with chrome sticker and back it with adhesive velcro.

I thot of making one last November using Aluminium Sheet but of course, realized its too thin.

Am planning to get proper base from a fellow trooper anyhow when I got the money to spare; make as well spend on it since my uniform already cost double of others :oops: and it's a project planned since a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away (aka it's more of my Character's Costume :P Now when am I gonna get the Green Wig? :lol: )

Have to check out the stuff on thus at Art friend.

Where do you think can get people to cut the acrylic to size in Bras Basah?

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:35 am

There is actually a type of cutter you can use to cut Acrylic, probably available at Art Friend too. ;)

Sev-like

Post by Sev-like » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:06 pm

To be accurate, I'd used 1/8" thick alumininum sheet.. Real pity I can't get them to shine very well
Ron Chiang
TX 8700
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo

Post by Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:05 pm

ask Mirador... our high admiral.
I'm a clean scout, so dun dirty my armour on purpose.

Mirador

Post by Mirador » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:27 pm

Desmond made mine.

If you don't mind spending a bit of money/ waiting you could wait til your entry is approved and then buy a decent rank plaque from one of the guys @ the 501st forums...
ID / TD 2543
501st Singapore Garrison

Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo

Post by Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:21 pm

wah.. u sneak behind me ah? :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm a clean scout, so dun dirty my armour on purpose.

Lord_Angelus

Post by Lord_Angelus » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:50 pm

Mirador wrote:Desmond made mine.

If you don't mind spending a bit of money/ waiting you could wait til your entry is approved and then buy a decent rank plaque from one of the guys @ the 501st forums...
na. Just want to get a rank bar to make it look like a full set. Now it looks odd with no rank on it :x :twisted:

Wanted to see if I can do up my gear by the TGCC. lol.... Want to do something like dressup after my birthday which is two days before the TGCC start :x :twisted:

wah.. u sneak behind me ah?
Can I sneak around you? :oops:

Mirador

Post by Mirador » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:07 am

Hmm if you want only for temporary - those few days - maybe you could ask around and see if anyone can lend you a rank plaque. There are a few ppl who are not attending as officers during STGCC.

xD no idea what Frodo means.
ID / TD 2543
501st Singapore Garrison

Lord_Angelus

Post by Lord_Angelus » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:17 am

Mirador wrote:Hmm if you want only for temporary - those few days - maybe you could ask around and see if anyone can lend you a rank plaque. There are a few ppl who are not attending as officers during STGCC.

xD no idea what Frodo means.

... May be Frodo have plans.....

Will see how about it if I can cook up a bar before the thing :x :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Wanted to dress up as an officer :twisted: :twisted: and eat little kids :twisted: :twisted:

Return to “The Academy”