ISB officer help.

Trainee and Cadet Costumers .... here's where you can ask the Veterans Officers all the questions you need to !

Moderators: Paul K, GetzJedi

Mirador

Re: Imperial officer.

Post by Mirador » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:37 am

Darth Lee wrote:Is this worth buying?

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/Imperial-Officer ... otohosting

Found this on ebay. Might be interested in an imperial officer as well. Need some advice regarding this.
hey there & good morning ^_^ had to come out of lurking to share a little - if limited :p - experience 'cause im the in process of getting my imperial officer costume ready for 501st entry >:) For mine...i had mine made at SG 501st's imperial tailor which cost me far less than what that link shows on ebay, at around SGD$130 more or less *with* the cap.

Aside from saving costs, I'd say that if you go to the tailor it'd be more size accurate because she measures for you and can alter the end size if it doesn't fit whereas the one you can get from eBay - you gotta do it yourself.

ALso can't tell if the eBay ones are good enough for 501st entry, but the ones made by the 501st tailor already approved so...think i've sayd more than 2¢'s worth plus this thread's name was for stormtrooping.
ID / TD 2543
501st Singapore Garrison

Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo

Re: Imperial officer.

Post by Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:01 pm

Mirador wrote:
Darth Lee wrote:Is this worth buying?

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/Imperial-Officer ... otohosting

Found this on ebay. Might be interested in an imperial officer as well. Need some advice regarding this.
hey there & good morning ^_^ had to come out of lurking to share a little - if limited :p - experience 'cause im the in process of getting my imperial officer costume ready for 501st entry >:) For mine...i had mine made at SG 501st's imperial tailor which cost me far less than what that link shows on ebay, at around SGD$130 more or less *with* the cap.

Aside from saving costs, I'd say that if you go to the tailor it'd be more size accurate because she measures for you and can alter the end size if it doesn't fit whereas the one you can get from eBay - you gotta do it yourself.

ALso can't tell if the eBay ones are good enough for 501st entry, but the ones made by the 501st tailor already approved so...think i've sayd more than 2¢'s worth plus this thread's name was for stormtrooping.
Darth Lee's a lucky guy!! Mirador seldom "opens" golden mouth! wb mirador!!

soft parts u can get it thru the imp tailor here... but greeblies n such need to either diy or get from evil-bay. :wink:
I'm a clean scout, so dun dirty my armour on purpose.

Darth Lee

Post by Darth Lee » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:20 pm

Haha! Thanks Mirador! So should i get my TK first or the imperial officer first.
For the Imperial officer, I have more than what you mentioned was needed, however for TK, i'll need to save up for a few more months. =((

If i get the Imperial first, then i can take my time to slowly save up for a TK instead of rushing to it. Hmm..
SAVE UP, I MUST!

Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo

Post by Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:25 pm

patience young one... go for the one u really want. set ur priority 1st, u may end up using more(money).

anyways u have some time b4 u turn 18 right? make use of the time n do more searches b4 deciding on officer or stormy. my 1/4cents worth. :wink:
I'm a clean scout, so dun dirty my armour on purpose.

Mirador

Post by Mirador » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:28 pm

xD frodo's right, get what you wanted first for 501st entry. aside from just the cloth costume for imperial officer (which you'll likely have to wait from several weeks to a month 4 tailor to make) you'd still need the 'greeblies' , boots etc..
ID / TD 2543
501st Singapore Garrison

Sev-like

Post by Sev-like » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:32 pm

Yeah...focus on one first...
Ron Chiang
TX 8700
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

Darth Lee

Post by Darth Lee » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:34 pm

hey guys. im back! thanks for the great answers to my questions! But after a tremendous amount of research and thinking about the imperial officer and the stormtrooper, i have decided to embark on an imperial officer costume. =) Specifically the Imperial security bureau ( the one with the off-white tunic and straight cut black pants ).

A few questions to ask the experienced.

tunic: where can i find a good imperial tailor to make one for me?
what do i need to bring to the tailor? (ref pics?)
boots: should i get the ankle high boots or the knee high boots?
(the knee high one looks nicer but is harder to find right?)

Cap: buy from ebay?
Belt: Make myself or buy?
Rankbar: make myself right?

Thanks again to all the people who helped with my queries earlier!
:D :D
SAVE UP, I MUST!

Mirador

Post by Mirador » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:38 pm

Welcome back, Darth. Been some time since...

mind doing a bit more research @ http://www.imperialofficer.com/forum/ ?

We've got our own tailor...she makes caps too...

Belt is buyable...rank bar yes self-made unless you buy them...

er and since you've decided to go for ID....I suggest you rename your topic...

Darth Lee

Post by Darth Lee » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:01 pm

hi. thanks for the quick reply. The forum has been a main source of information for me. many of the costumers sew the tunic themselves.
This is an accurate picture of an isb right?

I have also notice that the CRL states that jodphurs or straight legged pants are allowed. =)

am i supposed to just consolidate pictures of all sides of the tunic and get it to the tailor? or? thanks again!
SAVE UP, I MUST!

Mirador

Post by Mirador » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:07 pm

The collar... :shock:

Eh hehe no need...just find a reasonable shade of off-white and head to the tailor...and she'll do the rest..
ID / TD 2543
501st Singapore Garrison

Darth Lee

Post by Darth Lee » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:11 pm

wow. thanks! can i have the tailor's address or something?
and something to ask.. tthe tailor knows exactly what we want without the reference pics? Must be an expert at imperial tailoring. hahaha.
SAVE UP, I MUST!

dranoel
Site Admin

Post by dranoel » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:26 pm

- Tunic is double-breasted with a left over right closure on the tapered yoke.
- Yoke comes straight across from the collar center not coming up to the shoulder seam.
Note the difference from other Imperial Officer tunics. I don't think the Imperial Tailor has worked on the ISB pattern yet, so you better bring pics :P
Administrator. Starwars.sg
IC/IS 3081. 501st Legion (Singapore Garrison)

Darth Lee

Post by Darth Lee » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:40 pm

yup, i've noticed that, ISB also don't have code cylinders pockets too. THANKS for pointing out! =)
SAVE UP, I MUST!

Lord_Angelus

Post by Lord_Angelus » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:07 am

Darth Lee wrote: I have also notice that the CRL states that jodphurs or straight legged pants are allowed. =)

am i supposed to just consolidate pictures of all sides of the tunic and get it to the tailor? or? thanks again!

It is nice to have one more officer running around :x

My second try on the jacket, I just fellow mostly the normal Imperial design.

The picture on Officer Evax somehow he have a pocket to put the pen in there. :O

I think this design is pretty easy to do up by the tailor.
Last edited by Lord_Angelus on Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Darth Lee

Post by Darth Lee » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:46 am

woah..i think evax is in imperial intelligence right? any difference?
Thanks for the picture! anw, are you wearing ankle high or knee high boots for your ysanne? those were princess seams behind your tunic right?
THANKS!
SAVE UP, I MUST!

Return to “The Academy”