Edit: Stormtrooper Armour Help

Trainee and Cadet Costumers .... here's where you can ask the Veterans Officers all the questions you need to !

Moderators: Paul K, GetzJedi

Gordonator

Post by Gordonator » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:53 pm

yes ron, sharp eyes. the stripe of the hostler is on the wrong side.

dr34m

Post by dr34m » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:20 pm

Damn..and I'm a leftie. So blaster on my right haha. Yeah I've tried squeezing it, is the blaster a very snug fit (it's so tight I need two hands to push it in, scratching off some paint off the blaster in the process) or is my holster too small haha. Maybe I ought to get another one :oops:

Perhaps it would be easier if the seam doesn't go all the way..

Sev-like

Post by Sev-like » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:27 pm

I'm a left hander too.. You'll get use to holding the blaster in your right hand. Besides, I thought the new SAR-21 meant that the SAF taught all their soldiers to shoot right-handed?

Maybe. Whats your holster made of? Kinda hard to imagine leather or faux leather scratching off paint...
Ron Chiang
TX 8700
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

dr34m

Post by dr34m » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:34 pm

Ya..forced to use right hand for SAR..thats wht I still prefer using my M-16 lol. *snap on deflactor* instant leftie weapon.

The holster is leather but I think it's due to the back of the button which is inside the holster, way too tight man..better check with Keith if he still got his extra holster.. :(

But, I've gotten everything I guess, beside those square sponge..

Sev-like

Post by Sev-like » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:38 pm

Haha..yeah..

Ah okay.. I'm thinking the Hasbro up-graded blasters are the smallest around already, 'cuz the scratch-build ones are much longer and the Hyperfirms are the same.. So which type of E-11 is your holster meant for?

Oh well, the sponge isn't that important anyway.. The hard hat liner will help a lot.
Ron Chiang
TX 8700
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

dr34m

Post by dr34m » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:44 pm

Good question...I don't know man. All I know, it doesn't fit mine..perhaps it fits the un-upgraded hasbro blaster..Next time must bring the blaster out to try fitting before purchase :wink:

recon

Post by recon » Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:44 am

dr34m wrote:Ya..forced to use right hand for SAR..thats wht I still prefer using my M-16 lol. *snap on deflactor* instant leftie weapon.

The holster is leather but I think it's due to the back of the button which is inside the holster, way too tight man..better check with Keith if he still got his extra holster.. :(

But, I've gotten everything I guess, beside those square sponge..
For the hard hat liner..it will sit in pretty well, all you need is to velcro it to the inner walls of the helm.

square sponge for? if its for reinforcing yr armor pieces to prevent it from moving about like elbows, biceps..u can get the melanine sponge from daiso..$2 cheap and good. Might as well get some insoles there too for yr boots.

mosske

Post by mosske » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:33 am

Hey bro, one way to prevent scratching coming from the metalic or rough parts on the inside of the holster is to paste the soft Velcro (Not the rough hook side) over the rough/metal pieces. That will ease any further scratching. We'll take a look at it at yr armor party when the time comes so no worries...we all go through that in some way or another. My holster is the thick real leather sort and the strap/buckle is on the wrong side - its meant for hanging on the right side instead of the left, so my blaster can't be secured.
As a TK, you'll learn to draw and use yr blaster in the most awkward way...holstering on the left, drawing with the left hand but posing and shooting right handed! LOL.
Btw, I don't have anymore holsters, bro. I told Eugene he could have the last one already. Until Yen helps us get more, we're totally out.
TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion

mosske

Post by mosske » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:40 am

Sev-like wrote:Your holster seems a bit weird.. That seam running down the length of the holster? I think its on the wrong side, at least for an ANH trooper.. The ROTJ and maybe ESB troopers wear their holsters on their right, while the ANH troopers wear it on their left. This holster will suit a non-ANH trooper well..

Guess you'll just have to settle for wearing it on the right side? Anyway, the blaster goes in barrel first with the scope facing the front, which means the mag is jutting outwards
Our holsters are only worn on the right side bcos they are functional for us due to the magazine sticking out. In Ep5 & 6, you are right, they are worn on the right side bcos they are non-functional - you never see a stormtrooper with their weapon holstered. :)
As for this particular one, its still ok to use. Its the same holster I'm using. Chakster removed the strap and reattached it on the other side so it could secure his blaster. Not too hard a feat. As for me, I try to have my blaster in hand at all times, just like the movies so not much diff. :)
TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion

dr34m

Post by dr34m » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:48 am

Morning Keith. Why didn't I think about that. Not holstering it at all is a solution haha. Guess I'm prepared for armor party :twisted:

mosske

Post by mosske » Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:04 pm

dr34m wrote:Morning Keith. Why didn't I think about that. Not holstering it at all is a solution haha. Guess I'm prepared for armor party :twisted:
Great! Looking forward to having you in! :)
TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion

Awwee

Post by Awwee » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:29 pm

dr34m wrote:Yup it is. As mentioned, the blaster is one of Awwee's custom haha Thanks bro :wink: Just wondering, what matt black paint do you use? Because some part of it is showing the base red haha, thinking of touching it up.

Got my holster today from iceman aka clement
oops... it was the red primer undercoat exposed!!!! :lol:
MEPD Police Officer
DS-809 Vampire 4 Omegawing
TI/TK/TD-9809 501st Singapore Garrison
Time the Dirty Boyz play....

yen

Post by yen » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:28 am

Copy that boss. I will see to it.
mosske wrote:Hey bro, one way to prevent scratching coming from the metalic or rough parts on the inside of the holster is to paste the soft Velcro (Not the rough hook side) over the rough/metal pieces. That will ease any further scratching. We'll take a look at it at yr armor party when the time comes so no worries...we all go through that in some way or another. My holster is the thick real leather sort and the strap/buckle is on the wrong side - its meant for hanging on the right side instead of the left, so my blaster can't be secured.
As a TK, you'll learn to draw and use yr blaster in the most awkward way...holstering on the left, drawing with the left hand but posing and shooting right handed! LOL.
Btw, I don't have anymore holsters, bro. I told Eugene he could have the last one already. Until Yen helps us get more, we're totally out.

dr34m

Post by dr34m » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:55 am

I'll up for a holster and a neckseal when you have any in stock :lol:

mosske

Post by mosske » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:40 pm

yen wrote:Copy that boss. I will see to it.
mosske wrote:Hey bro, one way to prevent scratching coming from the metalic or rough parts on the inside of the holster is to paste the soft Velcro (Not the rough hook side) over the rough/metal pieces. That will ease any further scratching. We'll take a look at it at yr armor party when the time comes so no worries...we all go through that in some way or another. My holster is the thick real leather sort and the strap/buckle is on the wrong side - its meant for hanging on the right side instead of the left, so my blaster can't be secured.
Thanks Yen. :)
TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion

Return to “The Academy”