SUITING UP A TROOPER

Trainee and Cadet Costumers .... here's where you can ask the Veterans Officers all the questions you need to !

Moderators: Paul K, GetzJedi

danchia
Site Admin

SUITING UP A TROOPER

Post by danchia » Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:35 pm

SUITING UP A TROOPER

Writing this article was a real eye opener for me . Before I spent so much time with Timothy and Andrew as they suited up , I never realised how much time , effort and energy went into gearing up in the Trooper costume . It really isn't an easy task, but you can see how amazing the end result can be.

As expected, the article really generated a lot of interest from other fans as well , and quite a few have called me up expressing interest in buying the helmets , possibly even the entire armour .

The upcoming photofeature , TROOPER PATROL in the East ( akan datang ) is definitely going to turn even more Star Wars fans into costumers , even if they are going to be Closet Costumers :wink:

As a Star Wars fan who has never owned a costume before , would you consider getting any Star Wars costume , or at least part of it, perhaps a helmet or a mask , and would you every dare to step out into public in it ?

Your thoughts please ..... :D

Count Dooku

Post by Count Dooku » Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:21 pm

Well, having a stormtrooper costume is good in the sense that no one knows who is under the helmet. Getting a costume like a Imperial Officer means everyone knows your face.
As you can see, my Jedi powers are far beyond yours. Now, back down.

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:16 pm

Count Dooku wrote:Well, having a stormtrooper costume is good in the sense that no one knows who is under the helmet. Getting a costume like a Imperial Officer means everyone knows your face.
Yeah, but if you are tall and handsome, it's not so bad . :wink: LOL

dranoel
Site Admin

Post by dranoel » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:06 pm

danchia wrote:
Count Dooku wrote:Getting a costume like a Imperial Officer means everyone knows your face.
Yeah, but if you are tall and handsome, it's not so bad . :wink: LOL
:roll: hmmm.... (note to self: Cannot dress up as Imperial Officer)

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:01 am

ROTFLOL . :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:01 am

I have the Darth Vader helmet. Had always wanted to make the rest of the costume in time for Episode I. Missed that. Wanted to do it for Episode II. Missed that. Then wanted to do it for Episode III. Missed that too.

Did bring it out to the screening of Episode III and fought with Xander over who will wear the mask into and out of the cinema. He won of course and he had a lot of fun wearing the mask around.

That was a fun day......
Warning - viewer discretion advised

TD 6325

Suiting Up

Post by TD 6325 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:23 am

Dan,

It's my first post here and well, I just wanna thank both you and Hak Beng for the great article and awesome pics of the suit up. :) It was a blast having you guys over to my place to talk Star Wars!

Anyhow, I'll be buzzing you a little later about what we talked about over the phone, once work slows down alittle. :)

Again, thanks for the very nice picticle and both Andrew and me look forward to the Patrol pics. :) Photoshop anyone? LOL!

Stay safe.

Tim.

P.S. If you do see HB, please tell him my Pred Display area has grown more sizeable and I managed to acquired a few more parts. ;) Pics soon.
BH6325, The Boba Fett, Bounty Hunter
"He's No Good To Me Dead."

GetzJedi

Post by GetzJedi » Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:27 pm

Count Dooku wrote:Well, having a stormtrooper costume is good in the sense that no one knows who is under the helmet. Getting a costume like a Imperial Officer means everyone knows your face.
From our past appearances, it can't be denied that people prefer to take pictures with the masked/helmeted characters... unless the characters have ang moh faces... Armour will cost a lot more but the attention received is worth every penny... Buy la... :twisted:
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

Count Dooku

Post by Count Dooku » Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:27 pm

Where got money to buy armour???
As you can see, my Jedi powers are far beyond yours. Now, back down.

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:46 pm

Count Dooku wrote:Where got money to buy armour???
Ya lor .....

Anyone remember how to do papier mache ? :shock: :P :oops: :lol:

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:00 pm

GetzJedi wrote:
From our past appearances, it can't be denied that people prefer to take pictures with the masked/helmeted characters... unless the characters have ang moh faces... Armour will cost a lot more but the attention received is worth every penny... Buy la... :twisted:
I agree. I observed this tendency too. Better still, get a black one.
:D
Find, fix, finish

danchia
Site Admin

Re: Suiting Up

Post by danchia » Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:15 pm

TD 6325 wrote:Dan,

It's my first post here and well, I just wanna thank both you and Hak Beng for the great article and awesome pics of the suit up. :) It was a blast having you guys over to my place to talk Star Wars!

Hey Tim !!! WELCOME to the message board ! It's great having you here ! :)

We should be the ones thanking you for your hospitality and for sharing your passion. It was a fantastic afternoon ! :D
Anyhow, I'll be buzzing you a little later about what we talked about over the phone, once work slows down alittle. :)
I'll look forward to that ! :)
Again, thanks for the very nice picticle and both Andrew and me look forward to the Patrol pics. :) Photoshop anyone? LOL
You're most welcome ! The Trooper Patrol photofeature is going to be a blast ! :D

P.S. If you do see HB, please tell him my Pred Display area has grown more sizeable and I managed to acquired a few more parts. ;) Pics soon.
Sounds great ! Can hardly wait to see the pics !

Stay safe too, Tim ! Talk to ya again real soon !

daniel

masterjamous

Re: Suiting Up

Post by masterjamous » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:16 pm

TD 6325 wrote:Dan,

Again, thanks for the very nice picticle and both Andrew and me look forward to the Patrol pics. :) Photoshop anyone? LOL!

Stay safe.

Tim.

Hi Tim aka TD 6325, CO of 501st Singapore Outpost,
Thanks to you & the 2 Royal guards for posing at a photo opportunity with my son at the NDCarnival. It really made his day. Of course he also wanted to see all of the rest of the other characters, but you've told him they had left for home. I salute you.

Say have you checked out the Italian Garrison's member costumes? I say WOW!! very creative! I especially liked these two, my favourites. Excellent.
Did anybody in Singapore ever suit up as Death Star Gunner??

Jane Fett

Bantu Daxx
ImageImageImage

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:20 pm

Hey masterjamous ! Any chance of sharing those pictures that you took at the National Day Carnival with us ? :D

daniel

masterjamous

Post by masterjamous » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:33 pm

danchia wrote:Hey masterjamous ! Any chance of sharing those pictures that you took at the National Day Carnival with us ? :D

daniel

Sure, but it might be some time as I took only a handful of shots out of a roll of 36.
I left with the kids within half an hour as it was really crowded and extremely hot even though it was evening time.
ImageImageImage

Return to “The Academy”