Neep Help on Stormtrooper Amour

Trainee and Cadet Costumers .... here's where you can ask the Veterans Officers all the questions you need to !

Moderators: Paul K, GetzJedi

Lestrooper

Post by Lestrooper » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:17 pm

Oh man.. Then I better stick to stunt for now. if the vision is a problem for hero. Hey Bro thanks for all the information. I really did not know there is
so many different detail among the two. :lol:

Sev-like

Post by Sev-like » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:12 pm

Hehe...that's really nice.. Thanks, Keith. :D

Wow..the hero helmet does look a lot fiercer...

Guys, i have a prob with my luggage case...Could anyone advise me on the dimensions of your luggage case? I have one already, but by my impression, it seems a bit smaller than those used by the troopers i know..
Ron Chiang
TX 8700
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

Gordonator

Post by Gordonator » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:42 pm

get a 29". get it cheap at mustafa center. :D

Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo

Post by Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:46 pm

thanks keith bro. a very detailed explanation. :)
I'm a clean scout, so dun dirty my armour on purpose.

Gordonator

Post by Gordonator » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:48 pm

wow. looks great. brand new and all. now i'm tempted to get one a well. :lol: :mrgreen:
mosske wrote:Here's the finished helmet with the larger eyes.

Sev-like

Post by Sev-like » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:49 pm

Um..29" is bout 72cm, that's width or height? I know a shop at one the shopping malls in Chinatown (lucky plaza or something), they sell the webbed design one for about $175~190...

my current one is about 66x44x24 (height x width x depth)....is it enough?

measured like a TV, mine is about 28"......
Last edited by Sev-like on Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ron Chiang
TX 8700
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

Gordonator

Post by Gordonator » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:53 pm

29" as how u measure televison. i got mine for less than $100 at mustafa center. but i'll suggest getting one with good wheels as my wheels burnt the plastic supporting them after pushing it around for prolonged period.

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:42 am

I measured mine which is like others and it's 29" Height and about 18" Width. And yes, it's the "Spiderweb" design one.

Set me back by SGD190 back in September or October from Mustafa Centre.

You can also take a look at the Suitcases shops at People's Park Complex or Centre, and can try bargaining too (fixed price at Mustafa Centre). Might also able to get bigger or wider kind tho' of different design and brand.

Gordon, can your suitcase wheel take new Control/Tamiya Car Tyres around it? Maybe can "fix" them that way?

recon

Post by recon » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:17 am

Ron: You can check Giant or Carrefour..seems that have some promotion on suitcases..got even 32 inches...price around $100..buy 1 for 3 in different sizes, small, medium and large...all in one big suitcase..think the brand is polo or something

Wanted to get the 28" about 71cm,..check the interior..hmm space seems rather tight..so went for a larger suitcase 82cm aka 32 inches..cool plenty of space now..set me back slightly below $200 (discounted price via credit card)..which is a steal considering its from the samsonite range and the material and build quality is better not forgetting its light..can even use for travelling.

Today went all round SG..hunting for black foam sheets or sponges...artfriend, motorcycle shops..u name it..but couldnt find any..so in the end has to settle for some mellalic foam sponge from daiso, which comes in different shapes and sizes and lengths .

Gordon: You must have use the suitcase as a speedbike replacement..and tried to burn some rubber.. :P If the wheels cant be replaced, remove them then get those industrial type wheels at sim lim or any hardware shop..drill/screw them in place of the spoilt ones

Fatimah: Im gonna to order some Novus Polisher soon, do lmk if you want any

Updates: One of the sellers has responded for the nomex replica tactical gloves..but is unwilling to combine shipping for gloves with shipping charged separately for each item....but however will offer 10% discount on shipping if more than one item is purchased. *Curses* Ripoff bastids. Will wait for a favourable reply from the other seller.

Sev-like

Post by Sev-like » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:12 am

Awesome....Thanks guys. :D I'll settle for the web design one first... So i ought to buy something around 28"x18"... :D

recon: Don't forget to count me in on the Novus Polisher..
Ron Chiang
TX 8700
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

Lestrooper

Post by Lestrooper » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:16 pm

Yup, bro count me in for the polisher as well

As for sponge or Black foams. if I still remember there is this shop at
Towner RD Blk 101. selling all sort of Rubber Material. They used to have some kind of Black Sponge and foam selling. I got some from there before.
not sure do they still have it.

Also Bro have you check Plaza-Sing SpotLight?

Good Luck
Les

mosske

Post by mosske » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:46 pm

recon wrote:Updates: One of the sellers has responded for the nomex replica tactical gloves..but is unwilling to combine shipping for gloves with shipping charged separately for each item....but however will offer 10% discount on shipping if more than one item is purchased. *Curses* Ripoff bastids. Will wait for a favourable reply from the other seller.
Its probably bcos all his gloves are already pre-packed in their individual envelopes on stand-by to go out.
TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion

recon

Post by recon » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:01 am

Lestrooper wrote:Yup, bro count me in for the polisher as well

As for sponge or Black foams. if I still remember there is this shop at
Towner RD Blk 101. selling all sort of Rubber Material. They used to have some kind of Black Sponge and foam selling. I got some from there before.
not sure do they still have it.

Also Bro have you check Plaza-Sing SpotLight?

Good Luck
Les
Arggh..shucks why didnt you tell me the info earlier..haha just joking.. But the main reason i wanted Black Foam Blocks or Sheets is bcos sweat/dirt stains arent that visible or prominent in the long run unlike those that are white. Will show you guys what i bought it feels a cross between rubber and foam..was quite impressed, kinda of environmentally friendly, safe on skin or daily usage..absorbs water well..in our case Sweat! Cluedos to Japs for going Eco

Okie time to hit the sack. Cya guys at the armor party tomorrow.

Ron, Les: No worries will count you in the for Novus Polisher. Maybe when im actually in the 501st, i could post a thread to do a MO.

recon

Post by recon » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:04 pm

Where are the pictures Gordon Bro? Impatient waiting mode.

Anyways, today was a fun and exciting day as well as pure adrenaline rushing as we had to get 3 TKs up to 501st standard for approval. Special tks to Gordon, Keith and Jian Ping for their help and assistance to us newbies for assembling and doing up our TK outfit.
Last edited by recon on Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gordonator

Post by Gordonator » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:20 pm

am now resizing the pics. will send to keith for approval first.

if any of the 3 new troopers wants it, please PM me your e-mail.

Return to “The Academy”