Next Up Biker Scout aka TB project!!

Trainee and Cadet Costumers .... here's where you can ask the Veterans Officers all the questions you need to !

Moderators: Paul K, GetzJedi

mosske

Post by mosske » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:37 am

Hey Recon...no worries. Once you get your armor in, we'll help you put it all together. :)

As for starting on the TB project, thanks to Hybrid, Paul, Haldir and Frodo...there's a wealth of information right here at the forum. But you can also get help directly from them. They're all really nice! Chakster's a good source too...he was the first TB in the Singapore Garrison and represented us at the 2007 Tournament of Roses Parade in Pasedena CA, where 200 strong TKs, TBs and CTs marched on, led by George Lucas himself as parade marshall! ;)
TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion

recon

Post by recon » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:47 pm

Tks for the help guys.

Currently awaiting confirmation on the armor/helmet set

Out of luck with caboots, current sizes listed for TK ankle boots are US 9.5 and above, where my shoe size is US 8.5. :( Have sent an email to pris and joey to enquire the availability of stocks in US 8.5 and to reserve one for if any is available. :roll:

Next would be doing the E-11 blaster with mods and add ons. Saw somewhere on this forum the E-11 blaster mod parts are available locally, is it still available?

viewtopic.php?t=2193&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Wonders should i pay for a fully modded set like this, but then again it might not clear customs due to its likeness to a real weapon.

http://www.doopydoos.com/ultimod-hasbro ... 1740-p.asp

Paul K
Site Admin

Post by Paul K » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:16 pm

For boots, buy one size bigger so that it's easier to get your foot in and out. Trust me, when you're suiting up in a carpark, you'll be thankfull for that extra space at the opening. Normally, I take a 9 or 9.5 but ended up getting a 10 in CA boots.
Paul Khoo

Site Administrator

mosske

Post by mosske » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:25 pm

I normally wear size 9 but I'm using a 10 with CA Boots. Wouldn't even mind a 10.5! lol
TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion

recon

Post by recon » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:59 am

Hi guys,

Just checked that the CAboots current stock of TK ankle boots have some cosmetic blemishes which are minor, US size 9 is available. Should i go ahead and order one or wait for new stock, which would arrive in Aug 2009 :roll:

No updates on the armor as of yet..hmm :?:

mosske

Post by mosske » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:07 pm

recon wrote:Hi guys,

Just checked that the CAboots current stock of TK ankle boots have some cosmetic blemishes which are minor, US size 9 is available. Should i go ahead and order one or wait for new stock, which would arrive in Aug 2009 :roll:

If its me, I'll go ahead. Usually if CA Boots are selling boots with blemishes, the blemishes are extremely minor and unnoticable. Sometimes, you even get a discount.
TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion

recon

Post by recon » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:32 pm

mosske wrote:
recon wrote:Hi guys,

If its me, I'll go ahead. Usually if CA Boots are selling boots with blemishes, the blemishes are extremely minor and unnoticable. Sometimes, you even get a discount.
Ok tks for the info bro. Anyways trooping will surely intro blemishes no matter how one takes care. Think i better go order one, otherwise i will be a barefooted TK. :lol:

recon

Post by recon » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:53 pm

Sorry guys for the lack of updates, being super busy with work, meetings, testing and to add on overseas reservist.

It was by a twist of fate, that i would be getting a TK movie accurate fallano armor set sooner than expected. Tks to mosske for his help.

Now to get my boots, gloves and body suit next then need to fixed up the E11 blaster with addon parts before sending it for spraying. (Yes i dun have an airbrush/compressor anymore since i quited modelling a decade ago)

mosske

Post by mosske » Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:36 am

recon wrote:It was by a twist of fate, that i would be getting a TK movie accurate fallano armor set sooner than expected. Tks to mosske for his help.
Thanks to Anakinsg actually. :)
TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion

recon

Post by recon » Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:54 pm

Ohh didnt know that. Actually sent an enquiry to him on the hasbro e-11 blaster and resin parts. :lol:

recon

Post by recon » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:49 am

Ok got my Fallano TK Armor/Helm today..hmm need to do abit of polishing and touchup for the helm with toothpaste first to whiten it further the polish it to remove scratch marks and blemishes. Anyone has a spare bottle of novus polisher?

Have to get a dive suit next from diveshop but heard that its currently out of large sizes. :? Hopefully there would new stock coming in.

Hmm.. anyone has any idea where to get the helmet liner that's used in safety/construction helmets? :?:

Next would be getting the E-11 Blaster from AnakinSg and E11 addon parts from Craig before assembling them and sending them to a hobby shop for priming/spraying/slight weathering.

TK Boots would tagging along Mosske as he is ordering a pair from CaBoots

Then all i need to do is to wait for an armor party to do some adjustments/tuning before im read to go :P

mosske

Post by mosske » Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:26 am

Bro, you can get the lycra divesuit from any dive shop...not necessarily that one place that everyone goes to. ;)
TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion

mosske

Post by mosske » Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:52 am

Boot have been ordered! :)
TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion

AyKay

Post by AyKay » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:51 pm

recon wrote:Ok got my Fallano TK Armor/Helm today..hmm need to do abit of polishing and touchup for the helm with toothpaste first to whiten it further the polish it to remove scratch marks and blemishes. Anyone has a spare bottle of novus polisher?

Have to get a dive suit next from diveshop but heard that its currently out of large sizes. :? Hopefully there would new stock coming in.

Hmm.. anyone has any idea where to get the helmet liner that's used in safety/construction helmets? :?:

Next would be getting the E-11 Blaster from AnakinSg and E11 addon parts from Craig before assembling them and sending them to a hobby shop for priming/spraying/slight weathering.

TK Boots would tagging along Mosske as he is ordering a pair from CaBoots

Then all i need to do is to wait for an armor party to do some adjustments/tuning before im read to go :P
Haha, that's very fast bro! Keep it up!
Ananda 'AK' Kang | ANEH | TK 8315 | Expert Infantryman | Singapore Garrison

mosske

Post by mosske » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:55 pm

recon wrote:Hmm.. anyone has any idea where to get the helmet liner that's used in safety/construction helmets? :?:
I just realized I have a spare construction helmet liner lying around my house. Got it with with my Shadow Trooper armor. You can have it, bro.
TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion

Return to “The Academy”