Next Up Biker Scout aka TB project!!

Trainee and Cadet Costumers .... here's where you can ask the Veterans Officers all the questions you need to !

Moderators: Paul K, GetzJedi

recon

Post by recon » Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:27 pm

CT-65/91-6210 wrote:
Haha, that's very fast bro! Keep it up!
Tks bro, would be thinking of doing a TB next and maybe one of the EP3 Clone Commanders, maybe Bow or Vill.

recon

Post by recon » Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:31 pm

mosske wrote:
recon wrote:Hmm.. anyone has any idea where to get the helmet liner that's used in safety/construction helmets? :?:
I just realized I have a spare construction helmet liner lying around my house. Got it with with my Shadow Trooper armor. You can have it, bro.
haha ok. Was thinking which would better, padded helmet liner or those 3M safety helmet liner, of cos the latter would be easier maintenance for cleaning/washing unlike the padded version. Would see how things go.

Tks for the help on the TK boots. Think i would be spending the new year holidays cleaning/whitening my TK armor. Would defintely need novus polisher to touch up and polish it if anyone has a spare bottle as homefix does not have any in stock atm

recon

Post by recon » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:19 pm

Ok Time for some updates on mine:

Did the interior of the TK Helm. Sponges are velcro to the sides, back, top so that they can be replaced when they are worn and dirty next time. Allows me to wash the helm time to time.

Next, gonna to do some changes the way armor pieces are connected to each other for durability, trooping reasons

1) Chest Plate and Back Plate sides are going to be interlink by an black elastic band. Will need to hunt for those at People Park Cmplx, 2nd Floor

2) Shoulders/Bicep pieces are gonna to be interlink by a button/polyester strip and then attached to the shoulders via the same button system or clip

3) Abdomen Front/Back Pieces are gonna to close up/secure with the Black Elastic Band system. Crotch area use the same Black Elastic Band to secure the front and back pieces

4) Will also change the Daiso suspenders to Black Elastic Band System which is criss cross at the back and glue to the Abdomen Front/Back pieces by E6000 Epoxy glue

The pros abt this mod is that armor pieces will be more secure and resistant to falling apart from vigorous movements. Cons is that you cant adjust them once they are fixed in place, thus requires careful planning.

What you guys think of this idea? Believe some veterans have use this method in securing their armor pieces

mosske

Post by mosske » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:30 pm

Here's my 2 cents on the upgade suggestions:

1) Chest Plate and Back Plate sides are going to be interlink by an black elastic band. Will need to hunt for those at People Park Cmplx, 2nd Floor
Make sure it doesn't show over the ab plate front and back or it will be very ugly to suddenly see 2 black elastics.

2) Shoulders/Bicep pieces are gonna to be interlink by a button/polyester strip and then attached to the shoulders via the same button system or clip
You mean using plastic buckles. Its fine but you won't be able to adjust anymore once its fixed. Plus its not anymore secure than using velcro.

3) Abdomen Front/Back Pieces are gonna to close up/secure with the Black Elastic Band system. Crotch area use the same Black Elastic Band to secure the front and back pieces
Its a good idea to secure the ab front and back. As for the crotch, if you want to have an elastic band run underneath to secure both, do not make it permanent bcos I guarantee you, you will remove it after yr 1st or 2nd troop bcos of chaffing and friction.

4) Will also change the Daiso suspenders to Black Elastic Band System which is criss cross at the back and glue to the Abdomen Front/Back pieces by E6000 Epoxy glue
This is fine. You might wish to still connect them with Velcro or plastic buckles to the plastic surface. E6000 is NOT epoxy and may not hold so well. And using epoxy will make it too permanent. You won't be able to adjust.

On top of that, you might wish to also use plastic buckles to connect the shoulders to the chest and back. It will give more freedom of movement. Good luck and do let me know if you need any help, bro. :)
TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion

recon

Post by recon » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:52 pm

Hi Bro, Tks for the advise. Actually the ideas i got is when i did a search on how to fasten armor pieces and also while conversing with Ivan, found out that he uses the industrial snap aka button system

Roger that. Will try and see how it goes.

2) Shoulders Bell/Bicep pieces are gonna to be interlink by industrial snaps and then attached to the shoulders via the industrial snaps or buckle system

Something like this

Roger that bro. Crotch area will be secure by an Elastic Band and Velcro system

Think may need to heat/bend the Adbomen pieces to slightly curve in as they flare out too much and dont conform to the body unless secure by the belt.

4) Will also change the Daiso suspenders to Black Elastic Band System which is criss cross at the back and glue to the Abdomen Front/Back pieces by E6000 glue

It will look something like this

Lastly as for the shoulders, was thinking of riverting them? Is this a advisable thing to do?

Think i may have to trouble you again, as some of the jobs that require fitting/adjustments require more than one pair of hands...:P

mosske

Post by mosske » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:31 am

Be very careful when yr heat bending, bro. Don't overdo it or it will warp and warping means the plastic also gets thinner and thus more fragile, esp at the crotch area. I broke 2 crotch pieces that way. :(
TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion

recon

Post by recon » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:49 pm

Bro does you abdominal pieces flare out like mine when unsecure?

haha i dun have the equipment to heat bend, so would have to need your help. A hair dryer defintely wun do the trick.

Seems like alot of work still needed to be done, better start hunting for the materials. Agenda for today, go down to Textile Market at Arab St and Spotlight and Plaza Sing to hunt for the materials/snaps i need :)

recon

Post by recon » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:41 pm

TK armor was finished and here are the mods which i did:

1) Chest pieces are connected together at the shoulder area via a high density elastic band/velcro system with two snaps in the middle of each elastic band for securing the shoulder bells

2) Shoulder Bells/Biceps are interconnected to each other via Snaps/Elastic Band System.

3) Biceps and Elbow guards interior have being lined with small foam strips to prevent the pieces from moving up/down your arms/bicep area

4) Self made Suspender System for the Abdominal Area and Calves using High Density Elastic Bands and Plastic Clips.

Some correction/mods to be made still:

1) To replace foam inner lining system for helm with a helm plastic inner liner

recon

Post by recon » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:46 pm

Since im alrdy done with the TK bit unless i would be going for a TD conversion..hahah, next up TB project..yikes...slow and tedious process.

Would need the contacts for the Armor parts, Imperial Tailor, Shoes, Material etc and you guys slow and patience guidance towards assembling and putting together a TB. Tks

1) Armor/Helm set - Kropserkel (Fully Assembled/Trimmed set)
2) Jumpsuit - Black Polyester Viscose type with Paddings
3) Inner vest
4) Cumberband with Pouches
5) Boots
6) Biker Scout Pistol (Hyperfirm version)

Any advise would be greatly appreciated :)

recon

Post by recon » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:14 am

Warms up the speeder bike, but cant or dare not mount it as im naked in the open!! :shock:

Please help to equip this TB with the necessary gear so that he could zoom around the forests of Endor with pride :wink:

mosske

Post by mosske » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:05 am

Bro, go and read this thread first. Alot of posts and advice there:

viewtopic.php?t=1907
TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion

recon

Post by recon » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:39 am

mosske wrote:Bro, go and read this thread first. Alot of posts and advice there:

viewtopic.php?t=1907
Bro, have alrdy read this thread, but information provided is limited as to the design of the jumpsuit, cumberband, boots

Paul K
Site Admin

Post by Paul K » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:53 am

Have you tried Biker Scout net?
Paul Khoo

Site Administrator

Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo

Post by Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:26 pm

recon, pm sent.
I'm a clean scout, so dun dirty my armour on purpose.

recon

Post by recon » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:15 pm

Tks bros for the info,

Now just need a few confirmations before i start ordering, running around to find materials before heading to the imperial tailor for measurements.

Return to “The Academy”