Next Up Biker Scout aka TB project!!

Trainee and Cadet Costumers .... here's where you can ask the Veterans Officers all the questions you need to !

Moderators: Paul K, GetzJedi

Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo

Post by Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:16 pm

yes. i have to do the so-called base-plate myself. so Lester n u r d luckier batch who got ur snout as one whole pc. :)
I'm a clean scout, so dun dirty my armour on purpose.

recon

Post by recon » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:58 pm

Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo wrote:yes. i have to do the so-called base-plate myself. so Lester n u r d luckier batch who got ur snout as one whole pc. :)
I prefer the DIY cos..resin will warp especially in our humid climate. Will try to ask Cal whether he has the older version and sell off the new version which i bought

recon

Post by recon » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:17 pm

Went round the island...Chinatown textile centre, beach road market...got myself some industrial nylon webbing both black and white to replace those given by the maker as its tougher.

Bad new is that the maker...did a poor paint job on the tank greeblies...had to order another set, sand, prime and respray.

Whats being done so far:

1) Trim and smooth shoulder joints for chest pieces.
2) Drilled holes for the tanks
3) Trimmed the shoulder bells to accommodate the bicep piece as well as allow a small gap between the pieces.
4) File, Smoothen all edges and grooves

All done at pauls place with his help.

Gordonator

Post by Gordonator » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:41 am

u should really thank and treat Paul to dinner for all his help after everything is done. :lol:

Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo

Post by Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:22 am

Wa.. i took dimensions then go hm n do diy... he helped u ah? isn't he busy with F1??

recon

Post by recon » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:42 pm

Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo wrote:Wa.. i took dimensions then go hm n do diy... he helped u ah? isn't he busy with F1??
Paul just helped me with the drilling of holes for the tank and holster cos i got no tools. The rest he helped me mark out the chest shoulder and shoulder bells where to trim, then i cut, file and sand myself.

Tham you should know...some parts you need another person to see and help you mark the areas you need to cut or trim

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:08 pm

Darn! I think I could use some trimming for the Chest Plate too. Must do that before I get chained to Science Centre again till March (especially that my Off-Day is on weekday so everyone else is busy working).

Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo

Post by Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:27 pm

recon wrote:
Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo wrote:Wa.. i took dimensions then go hm n do diy... he helped u ah? isn't he busy with F1??
Paul just helped me with the drilling of holes for the tank and holster cos i got no tools. The rest he helped me mark out the chest shoulder and shoulder bells where to trim, then i cut, file and sand myself.

Tham you should know...some parts you need another person to see and help you mark the areas you need to cut or trim
bro, i used a mirror n did it myself. use hp to take pix n c, adjust n take pix n adjust til ok then secure. the shoulder bells i got to trim slightly more than marked. ;o)

hope u can find the shop i directed u. =o)

recon

Post by recon » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:54 am

Some updates...things have being slow as i was kinda of busy with work

1) File, sand smoothen all the armor edges and grooves. Armor comes pre-trimmed, but that doesnt mean smoothen. Next to fasten them with with snaps, nylon webbing with abit of sewing, which i aint so adapt at

2) Did my utility belt and detonator (With advise and guidance provided by tham and paul)

3) Sanded helmet to remove any uneveness and bumps, ready to send for priming and auto paint. Ordered 9000 series 3M helmet liner (Movie accurate?.:lol: )

4) Sanded and prime all greeblies and mouth piece with metalizer primer. Next to apply a layer of semi gloss black followed by a layer of flat black paint before weathering it slightly with enamel silver and grey panel wash before sealing it with a flat clear coat

5) Lastly, contacted Ross to see whether he is still doing the Concept Carbine with Folding stock...hmm need to get a replica Redot scope to mount on it

recon

Post by recon » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:56 am

Ok some updates on whats being going on...its being a slow and tedious process involving research, modifications and assembly my armor in the process.

1) Helm re-sprayed after being wet sanded for some bleeding at cheeks area. Afterwhich would be followed by masking and spraying of snout area black before dry transfer decals application

2) T-straps (shoulders), belts and white nylon strapping system for abs, belt sewed, next need to mark out the areas on my jump suit for velcroing before sending them to the tailor for sewing

3) Primming/Spraying/Weathering of tank top, t bits, detonator and snout greeblies this weekend before clear coating

4) Redo a new ribbed vest to have non elastic band with sleeves that conformed to my bicep diameter and ending half a inch after my shoulder bell

5) Redo a new cumberband that has 7 slots placed closer together such that the pouches at a 45 deg angle parallel to my feet when standing at ease. Crotch piece is modified to be a trapezoidal shape with 2 curved lines instead of one. Crotch piece is attached to the back of cumberband via a 2" elastic band instead of a 3/4" nylon strap

6) Boots ordered. Top of boots ends 2.5cm below the knee guard while the diameter of the boot is 38cm and hugs the calf snugly.

recon

Post by recon » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:34 pm

Finally peel off the mask layer, relieved to see that the snout area paint job ok

Return to “The Academy”