Need advice about costuming

Trainee and Cadet Costumers .... here's where you can ask the Veterans Officers all the questions you need to !

Moderators: Paul K, GetzJedi

lloonnee2

Post by lloonnee2 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:42 pm

Thanks for all your tips :D, its quite a relief to hear that there would be someone to guide me on how to assemble my kit.

Speaking of which, does anyone know how much a Bounty Hunter's costume costs? My classmate was asking me about it, since he says that its pretty cool to wear one. I estimate it might cost about USD$1.5k? Slightly more expensive than a tk set.
Hoping to get my first stormtrooper uniform!

Sev-like

Post by Sev-like » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:47 pm

while waiting, saving and growing, you can still join us as a minder. I'm sure we'll be glad to have another minder helping us out. :D
Ron Chiang
TX 8700
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

lloonnee2

Post by lloonnee2 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:50 pm

A minder? What's a minder?

al13ns
Location: roaming around Fiorina 'Fury' 161 - lookin for inmates

Post by al13ns » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:58 pm

lloonnee2 wrote:
Speaking of which, does anyone know how much a Bounty Hunter's costume costs? My classmate was asking me about it, since he says that its pretty cool to wear one. I estimate it might cost about USD$1.5k? Slightly more expensive than a tk set.
Boba Fett ? this thread should give ur friend a rough estimate of how much a good quality Boba Fett costume would cost.
u can save a lot if u do ur own painting.

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/forums/s ... hp?t=17421
ImageImageImage

Sev-like

Post by Sev-like » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:05 pm

I can remember Harry telling me 'bout how much a Boba Fett costs.. It is expensive, to be short..

Minder is one who follows the troopers around when they're trooping..help keep watch on their armor...help them remove or put on the armor..sometimes, help take photos for the 501st or the public..basically, one who watches their six during trooping sessions. Its a great job..lets you get up close and personal with the small intricate details before you even own an armor... I can say that safely, I was with them for 'bout half a year before I got my armor...
Ron Chiang
TX 8700
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

erase

Post by erase » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:55 am

Well Done! You earn yourself a badge when you are one of us soon...
Sev-like wrote:
Minder is one who follows the troopers around when they're trooping..help keep watch on their armor...help them remove or put on the armor..sometimes, help take photos for the 501st or the public..basically, one who watches their six during trooping sessions. Its a great job..lets you get up close and personal with the small intricate details before you even own an armor... I can say that safely, I was with them for 'bout half a year before I got my armor...
TD/SL-5125 501st SIN Garrison
MEPD Deployed/327th Star Corps
Let me see your identification...

mosske

Post by mosske » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:32 am

Sev-like wrote:Minder is one who follows the troopers around when they're trooping..help keep watch on their armor...help them remove or put on the armor..sometimes, help take photos for the 501st or the public..basically, one who watches their six during trooping sessions. Its a great job..lets you get up close and personal with the small intricate details before you even own an armor... I can say that safely, I was with them for 'bout half a year before I got my armor...
Ron, now you will BE the trooper instead of the minder. You've earned it, little brother! We're proud of you! :)
TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion

Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo

Post by Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:39 am

Ron, when can you breakthru ur age-barrier n join us? :wink:
I'm a clean scout, so dun dirty my armour on purpose.

mosske

Post by mosske » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:44 am

Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo wrote:Ron, when can you breakthru ur age-barrier n join us? :wink:
He's reached the age barrier already...only just. This Sat his armor will be complete and he'll take his entry photos. :)
TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion

Sev-like

Post by Sev-like » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:14 pm

Hehe, awesome.. Thanks guys.. :D Looking forward to this Sat...

How long does it take an application to be approved?
Ron Chiang
TX 8700
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo

Post by Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:41 pm

lloonnee2 wrote:A minder? What's a minder?
minder = minding your own business. :lol:

minder = minding our sixes. make sure no-one knock our helmet from our back. (hate it when idiots does tat!)
I'm a clean scout, so dun dirty my armour on purpose.

lloonnee2

Post by lloonnee2 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:04 pm

:o

Well I'll print it out to my friend and see what he thinks of it. I apperciate your posting the link :)

I think I'll join as a minder after I finish NS, school's quite hectic (for me at least!) now.

So...
A minder=Squire
Trooper=Knight?

And just 3 random questions :shock:

1. Is it hot inside the bunch of amour?
2. Is there some sort of radio thingy inside the helmet which allows you to communicate without removing your helmet?
3. Is the mouth of the stormtrooper open?

Sev-like

Post by Sev-like » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:13 pm

Haha...ok...

Actually, minding is not that hard...we occasionally have troopings, but they are generally many weeks apart..i believe the next one is in March, St. Pat's Day...we might probably be going for a parade.. and each trooping session lasts about half a day or so only and its often on the weekends. Therefore, it isn't a lot of trouble..

I'm in JC2 now, and I'd been minding even during school days on weekends..doesn't matter a lot..and you need not attend all sessions too. Do come over if you are able to and have nothing important around that time, even then, you can leave early for whatever appointment you need to go.

Answers to your question

1. Yes, its hot in there...'bout skin temperature, 35 Celsius or so..

2. Its up to your choice..some people have it, some don't..Helmet accessories are not important for admission. Some TKs uses CPU fans in their buckets..some have switches for various effects.

3. Sorry i can't answer this one. What do you mean by mouth?
Ron Chiang
TX 8700
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

lloonnee2

Post by lloonnee2 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:10 pm

Wow... but that temperature is ok I guess. It sounds interesting to be a minder o.o, I think I'd probably join as a minder after I finish my O's.

2. Thanks for clarifying that, I was watching vid's of the Chingay Parade 2008 and surprised how you managed to troop together accordingly, stopping at certain points and turning in the right direction, all without taking off your helmets to ask! It's like everyone already knows what to do, but the prompt stopping and turning is quite uncanny, so I was wondering how u guys managed that.

3. Um... I think I jumbled up my post abit. What I was asking was, other than the visor in the helmet which allows you to outside, is there...

-Airholes around the nose area for breathing?
-A hole around the mouth so that you can talk without removing your helmet.

Sev-like

Post by Sev-like » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:14 pm

Oh... The parade as I know it was practically always commanded by a whistle.. They kinda developed a system to communicate simple commands using the whistle..

Inter-trooper comms are probably only for random chatter and ease of finding other troopers..

There are hole around the "teeth", those grey teeth-like sections where the mouth is supposed to be... those are the only ones...
Ron Chiang
TX 8700
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

Return to “The Academy”