Need advice about costuming

Trainee and Cadet Costumers .... here's where you can ask the Veterans Officers all the questions you need to !

Moderators: Paul K, GetzJedi

Sev-like

Post by Sev-like » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:20 pm

Hmm...its says "FX armor"...i'm not the trusting sort. But then, i do not know if the real FX-es have any significant diff. to that of the movie accurate armor other than size.

FX-es are for people with larger build. The thigh and shin plates are noticeably larger in diameter. Compared to the movie accurate armor, the wearer will look kinda "wider" if you are familiar with the average size for a TK. Oh, wait..whats your build like? i.e. height.. And you are probably still growing, so it is advisable to get an armor that suits your build after you stopped growing..
Ron Chiang
TX 8700
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

Redblur

Post by Redblur » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:26 pm

hmm about 172 cm....you can say Large body,off course not skinny weight about 82 kgs heheheh

aah this is my photo :D

i'm on the second front right....The one who holding a cap :wink:

Sev-like

Post by Sev-like » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:34 pm

oh...nice photo.. okay, I'm not sure which kinda armor suits you..FX certainly does...it fits everyone..

maybe the others may like to comment?..I'm after all can be considered a "new-comer" with much to learn, i believe....
Ron Chiang
TX 8700
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

erase

Post by erase » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:05 pm

Modest you are.... :)
Sev-like wrote:oh...nice photo.. okay, I'm not sure which kinda armor suits you..FX certainly does...it fits everyone..

maybe the others may like to comment?..I'm after all can be considered a "new-comer" with much to learn, i believe....
TD/SL-5125 501st SIN Garrison
MEPD Deployed/327th Star Corps
Let me see your identification...

Sev-like

Post by Sev-like » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:19 pm

Hi erase, thanks. But really, i'd just joined for slightly more than a month and all i know is what a few of you guys had said. I'd been a minder once only so there ought to be more to it yeah?

Wait...erase, you have a 327th TC? So are you the one in Commander Bly during the STCC? I wanted to be in the 327th Star too.. :D the lieutenant to be exact.
Ron Chiang
TX 8700
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

erase

Post by erase » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:13 pm

Oh yes, you serve as a minder before.... now I remember you... second thought wonder who u are.... hehehe... :)

Negative... me NOT commander Bly.... Me a Sandtrooper and always a Sandtrooper...

Just to share with you this is what I meant 327th http://www.327thstarcorps.com/index2.htm :wink:

Sev-like wrote:Hi erase, thanks. But really, i'd just joined for slightly more than a month and all i know is what a few of you guys had said. I'd been a minder once only so there ought to be more to it yeah?

Wait...erase, you have a 327th TC? So are you the one in Commander Bly during the STCC? I wanted to be in the 327th Star too.. :D the lieutenant to be exact.
TD/SL-5125 501st SIN Garrison
MEPD Deployed/327th Star Corps
Let me see your identification...

yen

Post by yen » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:17 pm

Sev-like wrote:Hi erase, thanks. But really, i'd just joined for slightly more than a month and all i know is what a few of you guys had said. I'd been a minder once only so there ought to be more to it yeah?

Greetings.

He you speaking about is my captain. The one at STCC does not come close to his level, needless to say the deployment status is not easily attainable.

Sev-like

Post by Sev-like » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:18 pm

Ah...327th Star as in the community...oh well, why not..there's already the 501st..

Haha.. actually i did mention who i am at the "jedi or sith" thread...most of you guys doesn't seem to recognize me..not that i know many of you in the first place...

oh well, redblur needs professional advice for his armor...and i can't give that...

oh..hi yen, i know the Cpt. ..... just curious 'bout the guy behind Bly at the STCC...
Ron Chiang
TX 8700
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

mosske

Post by mosske » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:15 pm

Redblur wrote:Does any body know who is the maker of this armor?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... =p3907.m29

looks cheap(or because it's used?)
Thats FX armor. FX armor is NOT movie accurate and the only reason why 80% of the 501st use it is bcos it was the most widely available, cost effective armor around and it fits every body type. The helmet is a real ugly eyesore though. Anyway, take note AUD$400 is NOT the Buy It Now price...ppl can still bid. His starting bod price must have been just below that. It will probably sell for about AUD$600+ by close.

By the way, Redblur...if I'm not mistaken, you've been emailing me quite a bit about armor, correct? ;)
TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion

mosske

Post by mosske » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:18 pm

Sev-like wrote:Ah...327th Star as in the community...oh well, why not..there's already the 501st..

Haha.. actually i did mention who i am at the "jedi or sith" thread...most of you guys doesn't seem to recognize me..not that i know many of you in the first place...

oh well, redblur needs professional advice for his armor...and i can't give that...

oh..hi yen, i know the Cpt. ..... just curious 'bout the guy behind Bly at the STCC...
I was the Sandtrooper Captain at STCC. By the way, I believe you minded for me before on a seperate children's charity event, correct?

The guy behind Bly at STCC happens to be the PR Officer for the 501st Legion here in Singapore. His username here is paphious and he also happens to be a stormtrooper.
Last edited by mosske on Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion

Sev-like

Post by Sev-like » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:21 pm

Ah..yeah, i saw you too...its the same TD as the one you wore during the Walk i suppose?.. Uh huh...was one of the minder at the Children Society Walk...

oh paphious, i was referred to him by another guy in the forum....PM'ed him...didnt reply though
mosske wrote:
Sev-like wrote:Ah...327th Star as in the community...oh well, why not..there's already the 501st..

I was the Sandtrooper Captain at STCC. By the way, I believe you minded for me before on a seperate children's charity event, correct?
Last edited by Sev-like on Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ron Chiang
TX 8700
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

mosske

Post by mosske » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:29 pm

Sev-like, minding is a great way to learn what its like to troop. Next step is to get you a suit of armor. ;)

Redblur, you too! Save up and hopefully we can have you in a stormtrooper suit soon! In the meantime, there's nothing wrong with checking out the deals on eBay. You never know when you might come across a great deal...however low prices normally mean something is suspicious. Might be a good idea to run it by some of the seasoned veterans here first before you hand over your hard-saved cash.

Everyone here is extremely helpful and we'll always do our best to share our experiences and advise.
TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion

HyBRiD

Post by HyBRiD » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:25 am

yeap!! everyone here's GREAT!
The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the force

Boba_Fett

Post by Boba_Fett » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:17 pm

mosske wrote:Sev-like, minding is a great way to learn what its like to troop. Next step is to get you a suit of armor. ;)

Redblur, you too! Save up and hopefully we can have you in a stormtrooper suit soon! In the meantime, there's nothing wrong with checking out the deals on eBay. You never know when you might come across a great deal...however low prices normally mean something is suspicious. Might be a good idea to run it by some of the seasoned veterans here first before you hand over your hard-saved cash.

Everyone here is extremely helpful and we'll always do our best to share our experiences and advise.
I can vouch for the last sentence....
Do! Or do not! There is no try

Sev-like

Post by Sev-like » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:57 pm

Yeah...quite obvious, seeing how we often flood people's intro...just count how many "greetings" or "welcome" there are....
Ron Chiang
TX 8700
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

Return to “The Academy”