Helmets questions

Trainee and Cadet Costumers .... here's where you can ask the Veterans Officers all the questions you need to !

Moderators: Paul K, GetzJedi

Sev-like

Helmets questions

Post by Sev-like » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:38 pm

Hey guys. I was wondering how's it like under the bucket? I could remember Luke saying "I can't see a thing in this helmet"...how bad is it in there? Also, I'd heard that fans are installed in the helmet itself and vents are added..will the fans normally found in CPUs do?

Also, I'd toyed with the idea of installing com-links (read walkie-talkie) in the helmet..in theory, they seem to work if you can find a way to put the circuitry into another more discrete container..maybe even the tube-like comlink seen in the movies...did anyone tried that before? or attempt to do so? I guess it could come into play when trooping?
Ron Chiang
TX 8700
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

mandalorianBleahhh

Post by mandalorianBleahhh » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:04 pm

I've done only Research on Fett buckets (mainly Jango), and yes, most have fixed in some fans (or two) to dissipate the heat.

As for angle of view, the T-visor doesnt compromise much vision. Perfect for hunting! [s]is it why storm troopers always miss??[/s]
"In my books; Experience outranks everything"

GetzJedi

Post by GetzJedi » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:14 am

It pretty much depends on how close our eyes are to the lenses of the helmet... The further apart, the more tunnel vision it is... For most of the helmets, we can't see what is on the ground a metre or two ahead, which explains an occasionally tripping and bumping into kids... Some of us do have low-voltage fans installed within our helmets to keep our heads cool... These are similar to those fans used for CPUs... As for comm sets, a couple of us have managed to installed short-range walkie talkies in the helmets for point to point comms...
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

Sev-like

Post by Sev-like » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:35 am

Ah..that's really nice. I was thinking it'll be like looking into a tunnel..narrow field of vision..point to point comms..thats what i'm talking bout..sounds really great..

Oh, do you guys have trouble making yourself audible outside the helmet? I haven't get up close to a trooper before, so i can't really tell..

Oh...i'd got this guy whose willing to ship an EP3 reg phase II bucket from the US from $200 onwards...think it's a good deal?
Ron Chiang
TX 8700
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

Return to “The Academy”