ALL about Sandtrooper

Trainee and Cadet Costumers .... here's where you can ask the Veterans Officers all the questions you need to !

Moderators: Paul K, GetzJedi

erase

Post by erase » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:16 am

For those that are interested to become Sandtrooper and eventually deployed in MEPD... please follow this Deployed Officer and 501st Legion Standards 2008. Good Luck!

http://www.mepd.net/require/
Last edited by erase on Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
TD/SL-5125 501st SIN Garrison
MEPD Deployed/327th Star Corps
Let me see your identification...

jasivy

Post by jasivy » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:33 am

Hi Erase,

It has been a long while for me to own a suit of Sand or even Storm Trooper. Need some help in building up my very 1st suit.

Is there a way to build them parts by parts instead spending the hard cash at a go?

If so, which and where should I start off 1st?
I came across site which teaches you to build helmet from cardboard. Is it wise at all?

Very keen soul.

erase

Post by erase » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:20 am

Hi there,

No. There no way that you can buy parts by parts. What we are dealing here are all movie screen accurate costume.

If you need, I have to provide some of our contacts for you to get started.
Building card boxes can be a fun thing but more of display item... not troopable... :wink:
jasivy wrote:Hi Erase,

It has been a long while for me to own a suit of Sand or even Storm Trooper. Need some help in building up my very 1st suit.

Is there a way to build them parts by parts instead spending the hard cash at a go?

If so, which and where should I start off 1st?
I came across site which teaches you to build helmet from cardboard. Is it wise at all?

Very keen soul.

jasivy

Post by jasivy » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:00 am

Hi erase,

Thanks for the info. Wow, now I gotta set my commitments right.
So, starting off , how much should I off set my budget?

erase

How to act like a Sandy???

Post by erase » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:45 am

So here are a few ideas and stuff I do:

-Pretend to be one character and try to impersonate it all the time.
-Go around asking people for two droids (maybe aske them for a gold one and a short blue one), they will understand the reference.
-Ask ppl to "let me see your identifications" and "how long have you had this droids" pointing to kids, trash cans, toys, etc.
-"Search" ppl for rebel related stuff and pretend to put them under arrest or something
-If possible, walk around/patrol with fellow TDs and in some kind of organized drill... one could be the leader and the others can follow.
-Interact with ppl willing to interact, do not force ppl if they dont want to play along.
-Never take out your helmet if kids are looking at you, playing with you, or asking for pictures. You can rest in some place away from main halls and corridors. And watch your language when off character but in armor.
-Expect ppl to ask for pictures all the time. If you are tired, tell the politely that you need to rest, but will be back soon or to catch some other troopers.
-Troop with an aide or spotter, this will help you get around in busy areas and will prevent kids and teenagers to pick on you.
-Watch out for small kids when they approach to you, cause you might loose sight of them if too close.
-Never lend ppl your gear, BFG, helmet and stuff unless you can afford them breaking it by accident, also, if you lend your gun once for a picture for example, expect other ppl to ask for it too.
-Be polite and friendly.
-Remember you are part of a fan club with responsibilities and an image to keep. So, understand and remember answers for stuff like: Where did you buy your armor? (remember we don't sell them as a group), What is 501st? and How can I join you?
-Sometimes kids will ask for autographs, I just sign my TD number and some Empire related quote and 501st legion.
-Also, parents will sometimes ask you to tell kids to do their homework, eat vegetables and similar stuff... just play along, parents and kids will appreciate it.
-When taking pictures, ppl lots of times say stuff like "smile" or "say cheese", to what you can answer stuff like "I'm smiling" or "Imperial Cheese"... and you can also tell them: "please take another one, I had my eyes closed", just have fun.
-Expect ppl to see you as part of the show, or security. Ppl will tend to go to TKs and TDs if in trouble. e.g.: when a kid gets lost.

And most important of all: Have fun and enjoy being a sandtrooper and part of the 501st Legion...

Gordonator

Post by Gordonator » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:23 pm

thank you brother erase for sharing tips on how to act in character. other than just simply trooping, it is important to interact with the public as well. some star wars references quotes, some comical moves (but not overdoing it) are great ways to approach the public. afterall everyone loves a humourous trooper. :wink:
Last edited by Gordonator on Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

erase

Post by erase » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:24 am

Sure. No worries.

Yes, I agree humorous trooper everyone likes... but don't over doing it... !
Gordonator wrote:thank your brother erase for sharing tips on how to act in character. other than just simply trooping, it is important to interact with the public as well. some star wars references quotes, some comical moves (but not overdoing it) are great ways to approach the public. afterall everyone loves a humourous trooper. :wink:

erase

Post by erase » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:51 pm

This is the new CRL for Sandtrooper to attained the MEPD "Deployed" Status.

http://www.501stlegion.org/crl/td_sandtrooper.php :)

For those trooper working toward that direction, I would suggest to read carefully... don't under do it and don't over do it...

OK.

Let me know if you need some helps...

Return to “The Academy”