Best Sand/Stormtrooper gears

Trainee and Cadet Costumers .... here's where you can ask the Veterans Officers all the questions you need to !

Moderators: Paul K, GetzJedi

Sho

Post by Sho » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:22 am

One of our 501st Legion members...

Cool! Very nice!!! Can mod from normal white Stormtrooper outfit? Spray black?

Sho

Post by Sho » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:38 am

erase wrote:Welcome SHO, first of all what is your budget...???
And how long or how fast you want to own the costume?
Reason for asking that the TE manufacturer which produce the actual movies prop will be producing the TE2 which is the re-run from the first...

I own a GF2 which can say the same grade as the TE...no difference but is only pricing and the casting that all...Is should be in either 3rd quarter or the last quarter of this year...

If you have a tight budget then I will suggest getting the FX and do the necessary modification...

Hope I can share with you in future regards to the sand....hehehe :D
Hi Erase, do you mind giving me the webby to the manufacturer where I get more info? Thank you. :D

GetzJedi

Post by GetzJedi » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:38 am

Sho wrote:Cool! Very nice!!! Can mod from normal white Stormtrooper outfit? Spray black?
Better to get it vacuum-formed with black ABS... Black paint will not provide a smooth finish and may crack and chip if not painted properly...
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

erase

Post by erase » Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:00 pm

Hi Erase, do you mind giving me the webby to the manufacturer where I get more info? Thank you. :D
Hi Sho, alright what you have here from the link that you have is
http://www.tk1536.com/armor.html under Gino that the differences that the armor make...

I don't think there are anymore people that are currently producing Ginos...

I try to source it for u if there are any. Will let you know.
:D
TD/SL-5125 501st SIN Garrison
MEPD Deployed/327th Star Corps
Let me see your identification...

erase

Post by erase » Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:07 pm

hi Sho, I have just chat with one of our beloved sandtrooper Jikawa from Taipei he furnished me with the site please check it out.

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/bingo275/imperialfanGF.htm

Apparently, the person casting this mould has been sued by lucas so he is no longer producing it. And also mine costume is GF and not a GINO which I told u earlier on. Sorry for the confusion. :)

Sho

Post by Sho » Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:11 pm

erase wrote:Welcome SHO, first of all what is your budget...???
And how long or how fast you want to own the costume?
Reason for asking that the TE manufacturer which produce the actual movies prop will be producing the TE2 which is the re-run from the first...

I own a GF2 which can say the same grade as the TE...no difference but is only pricing and the casting that all...Is should be in either 3rd quarter or the last quarter of this year...

If you have a tight budget then I will suggest getting the FX and do the necessary modification...

Hope I can share with you in future regards to the sand....hehehe :D

erase

Post by erase » Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:13 pm

Sho wrote:
Sorry no one has the info. :(

Sho

Post by Sho » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:36 am

Much appreciated Erase :wink:

I've realised that most go for the FX or a combo of FX armour and other makes of helmet. Perhaps that's the choice for me too.

Is there a reliable regular seller of FX armour that someone can intro me?
Thanks once again. :D

Sho

Plo Strax-Avix

Post by Plo Strax-Avix » Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:15 pm

erase wrote:I don't think there are anymore people that are currently producing Ginos...
Only Gino produces Ginos. Gino's full name is Gino Sabatino. If anyone want to contact him send me a PM and I can furnish you with his email address. Alternatively if you're a member of the RPF you can log in and send him a PM there. He goes by Gino there as well.

Be warned though, Gino stuff are very very expansive. I don't know how much is his stormy lids but he charge over USD500 for a Vader chestbox.

Paul K
Site Admin

Post by Paul K » Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:04 am

Welcome Sho to the interesting world of costuming. You'll find quite a few like minded folks here who dig trooping so you've come to the right place. One thing I've noticed is that you'll need to research the character well so that you are finally happy with whatever costume you decide on. You may also want to "join-up" with the costumers on their next event either to observe, understand better and interact with those that have costumes.

Sho

Post by Sho » Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:28 pm

Paul K wrote:Welcome Sho to the interesting world of costuming. You'll find quite a few like minded folks here who dig trooping so you've come to the right place. One thing I've noticed is that you'll need to research the character well so that you are finally happy with whatever costume you decide on. You may also want to "join-up" with the costumers on their next event either to observe, understand better and interact with those that have costumes.
Hi Paul, Thanks. I'm learning more day by day reading all the past postings as well as the other SW costume sites. Rather amused by the 501th large numbers of troopers around the world. Hope to meet up someday. :wink:

Paul K
Site Admin

Post by Paul K » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:09 pm

A little bird told me that Clone Trooper armour will be available soon here in Singapore.

Post by 9 » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:19 pm

That great news! (or rumours)
Available as in selling in retail or toy/specialty shops?

or someone doing orders here?

If it's affordable, i might consider saving up for one. Heh

Paul K
Site Admin

Post by Paul K » Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:38 am

Nope, not available in toy shops.

Return to “The Academy”