where can i find the swimming head wear thing at?

Trainee and Cadet Costumers .... here's where you can ask the Veterans Officers all the questions you need to !

Moderators: Paul K, GetzJedi

redandblue

where can i find the swimming head wear thing at?

Post by redandblue » Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:26 pm

hello! not sure where to get one, haldir,you said lucky plaza right? which floorand where?

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:52 pm

Ugh! That place only got XXS left that cost SGD49.90 when I gotten my extra S one a few weeks ago. And the Uncle said they are not bringing any in anymore (the one I gotten recently are samples) as it's getting way too expansive (2001: SGD35; 2006: SGD49.90! :shock: ) and not that popular.

It's a Diving Shop at the Basement:

SEA-LAND SPORTS
304 Orchard Road,
#B1-71 Lucky Plaza

Shawn said he gotten his from GIANT at Parkway Parade, near the Swimming Outfit side. Haven't check out other GIANT Outlets like IMM so not sure if can get there too. And it sounded a lot cheaper tho' seems to lack the several seams mine have. :P

In the future, if the supply for it is really very low and there is high demand among Costumers, I might get one of the Dance Costume Shop to make me a couple, especially in White. :wink:

mandalorianBleahhh

Post by mandalorianBleahhh » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:03 pm

u need a WHOLE body suit?

i tot u just need a balaclava??
"In my books; Experience outranks everything"

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:04 pm

Ya, he only want to know where to get the Diving Hood. ;)

Darsha Assant

Post by Darsha Assant » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:14 pm

Easiest solution: shave your head and paint it black :lol:

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:16 pm

The Purpose of the Hood is to help hide your neck in the absent of a Neck Sealer, keep your hair down and away from your face and occasionally help absorb Sweat.

Darsha Assant

Post by Darsha Assant » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:29 pm

My solution can do all except maybe the sweat part. :D

redandblue

Post by redandblue » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:40 pm

wow gee you guys really reply fast huh =)

yeap, cos my hair friggin long and people can see my neck and the back of my hair so..need one of those thingies

EarlGrey

Post by EarlGrey » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:16 pm

redandblue wrote:wow gee you guys really reply fast huh =)

yeap, cos my hair friggin long and people can see my neck and the back of my hair so..need one of those thingies
You can always trim your hair you know........ or just get ANY swimming cap. As long black colour, or, you can get those hair nets that girls use to bun their hair up. Many options to take. Just need to be abit creative.

My 2 cents
Humans: Ugly bags of mostly water

Awwee

Post by Awwee » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:56 pm

Latest... IMM Giant dun have any... just came back from there... anyone going parkway... pls let me know... I need one too for my stormie. Thanks!!!!! :twisted:
MEPD Police Officer
DS-809 Vampire 4 Omegawing
TI/TK/TD-9809 501st Singapore Garrison
Time the Dirty Boyz play....

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:19 pm

EarlGrey wrote:You can always trim your hair you know........ or just get ANY swimming cap. As long black colour, or, you can get those hair nets that girls use to bun their hair up. Many options to take. Just need to be abit creative.
The main purpose of the Diving Hood is to cover the Neck Area apart from covering the hair, as a good one will have the hood going all the way down onto the Neck and part of Shoulder & Chest. Most helmets, when worn in certain position to have better view outside one's helmet, tend to expose the Neck Area, especially the back of the neck (aka bottom of your hairline at the back).

So ANY Swimming Cap or Wig Net or Hair Net, is just plain useless as it only cover the skull/hair when you are trying to cover your neck too. I had worn all 3 things before so knows how much they can cover (and how long they last :( )

Even if you shave your head, people can still probably see the back of your head which isn't Black or White etc. And painting your head/face is not recommanded in our weather as most tend to sweat so the Black paint will drip down onto your Jumpsuit and you'll bleed black.

A not so effective alternative to the Diving Hood will be a very long Turtleneck Collar. But it can only go a certain height and will slide down so the back of your head can still get exposed. Unless, you have someone make this special Turtleneck T-Shirt whose long & wide collar can also become a Hood (gotten that Vogue Pattern eons ago, thinking wanting to use for my TPM Handmaiden)

The solution to this of course will be the Neck Sealer but some may find it uncomfortable as it sometimes feels like wearing Neck Brace if it's made from stiff fabrics or too much "sponge" in them. And for certain helmets that get tilted a lot to the front, bottom of your head/hair will still get exposed.

EarlGrey

Post by EarlGrey » Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:26 pm

Haldir wrote:
EarlGrey wrote:You can always trim your hair you know........ or just get ANY swimming cap. As long black colour, or, you can get those hair nets that girls use to bun their hair up. Many options to take. Just need to be abit creative.
The main purpose of the Diving Hood is to cover the Neck Area apart from covering the hair, as a good one will have the hood going all the way down onto the Neck and part of Shoulder & Chest. Most helmets, when worn in certain position to have better view outside one's helmet, tend to expose the Neck Area, especially the back of the neck (aka bottom of your hairline at the back).

So ANY Swimming Cap or Wig Net or Hair Net, is just plain useless as it only cover the skull/hair when you are trying to cover your neck too. I had worn all 3 things before so knows how much they can cover (and how long they last :( )

Even if you shave your head, people can still probably see the back of your head which isn't Black or White etc. And painting your head/face is not recommanded in our weather as most tend to sweat so the Black paint will drip down onto your Jumpsuit and you'll bleed black.

A not so effective alternative to the Diving Hood will be a very long Turtleneck Collar. But it can only go a certain height and will slide down so the back of your head can still get exposed. Unless, you have someone make this special Turtleneck T-Shirt whose long & wide collar can also become a Hood (gotten that Vogue Pattern eons ago, thinking wanting to use for my TPM Handmaiden)

The solution to this of course will be the Neck Sealer but some may find it uncomfortable as it sometimes feels like wearing Neck Brace if it's made from stiff fabrics or too much "sponge" in them. And for certain helmets that get tilted a lot to the front, bottom of your head/hair will still get exposed.
Thanks for the explaination. Guess i asked for it for shooting my mouth off when i dunno anything.

:oops: :oops: :oops:
Humans: Ugly bags of mostly water

JediJean

Post by JediJean » Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:35 pm

Awwee wrote:Latest... IMM Giant dun have any... just came back from there... anyone going parkway... pls let me know... I need one too for my stormie. Thanks!!!!! :twisted:
OK, will check when I'm next at Parkway and let you know! :)
________
BALANCE (LEXUS)
Last edited by JediJean on Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Awwee

Post by Awwee » Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:21 pm

Thanks... :twisted:
MEPD Police Officer
DS-809 Vampire 4 Omegawing
TI/TK/TD-9809 501st Singapore Garrison
Time the Dirty Boyz play....

chakster

Post by chakster » Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:21 pm

Haldir wrote:Shawn said he gotten his from GIANT at Parkway Parade, near the Swimming Outfit side. Haven't check out other GIANT Outlets like IMM so not sure if can get there too. And it sounded a lot cheaper tho' seems to lack the several seams mine have. :P
Its a plain ole swimming hood. :P Comes in a small baggy. The only gripe I have about it is that is designed to show your whole face instead of just your eyes. I usually just don't pull it all the way down. Its cool tho. Literally I mean. :) Doesn't stifle.
TB/TK 7576 Callsign "Chakles"

Return to “The Academy”