Q&A and discussion on the Starwars.sg T-shirt

Keeping in touch with fellow Star Wars and SciFi Fans !

Moderators: hbng, danchia

assjedi

Post by assjedi » Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:06 am

can we have our names on it as well?

more personalized.
or any name.
eg; assjedi
"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
"I'm not a Jedi. I'm just a man with a lightsaber... and a few questions.."
http://www.fightsaber.com/

dranoel
Site Admin

Post by dranoel » Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:14 am

lhs1701 wrote:Sorry fellas

I will never never NEVER wear that shirt unless I want to get whacked.
we all heard you at the 1st "never" :P ...though I will never step into my friend's party and advise his guests to go away 8) ah well, I shall suppose this was all mock mockery delivered in jest and in a light-hearted manner.

~~~~~~

Anyway, to get back on track and address some of the questions raised so far...
1) There will only be one version (white) available for orders.
2) All the T-shirts will come standard with the design as shown, without personalisation.
3) The pricing details, and how to obtain the T-shirts will be released this weekend.

We seek everyone's understanding that we have considered the possible options, but at the end of the day, we have to decide on the best option in terms of cost, time and effort.

hunter

Post by hunter » Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:12 am

1701 is rite, we may be mocked at or challenged....................worst still being snared by the bengs and sengs..............

is it okie to change to maybe 'may the force be with you' or some others?

btw, y not make it into a polo t shirt with both colors black and white?
black will signify the dark side with vader and his quotes and the white one is the light side with ben/yoda's quotes.

just by two cents on the much awaited sw shirt.

renzaijh

Post by renzaijh » Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:18 am

:?

Er...no offense but I think I'll stick to my 501st Legion T-shirt for now.

Jar

Post by Jar » Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:25 am

White is OK, If u want 2 personalise, dye your own color, want 2 put name go to any tailor shop to get it done in your own design, the shirt comes that way, so customize it yourself to be YOU. No one says we cant do it our own........way. 8) 8) 8) but since most of us prefer Black than
white, could it be done, Dranoel.
"Fear. Fear attracts the fearful... the strong... the weak... the innocent... the corrupt. Fear is my ally."

erase

Post by erase » Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:41 am

Dranoel wrote:
lhs1701 wrote:Sorry fellas

I will never never NEVER wear that shirt unless I want to get whacked.
we all heard you at the 1st "never" :P ...though I will never step into my friend's party and advise his guests to go away 8) ah well, I shall suppose this was all mock mockery delivered in jest and in a light-hearted manner.

~~~~~~

Anyway, to get back on track and address some of the questions raised so far...
1) There will only be one version (white) available for orders.
2) All the T-shirts will come standard with the design as shown, without personalisation.
3) The pricing details, and how to obtain the T-shirts will be released this weekend.

We seek everyone's understanding that we have considered the possible options, but at the end of the day, we have to decide on the best option in terms of cost, time and effort.
VERY AGREED to U Dan....

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:03 pm

Jar wrote:White is OK, If u want 2 personalise, dye your own color, want 2 put name go to any tailor shop to get it done in your own design, the shirt comes that way, so customize it yourself to be YOU. No one says we cant do it our own........way. 8) 8) 8) but since most of us prefer Black than
white, could it be done, Dranoel.
Yup, I would most certainly look forward for a black variant.
Pretty please?

err, btw the "I am your father ^leh!" is ok, but a bit awkward when you wear that out in the streets where ppl will give funny looks. Perhaps can improve on the quote a little?
Here's my two cents lah.

signed
~a concerned fanatic...haha!

assjedi

Post by assjedi » Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:19 pm

put something like
"I'm your Uncle!"

since every singaporean calls every middle-aged and above men uncle.

sorry.
i jest
"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
"I'm not a Jedi. I'm just a man with a lightsaber... and a few questions.."
http://www.fightsaber.com/

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:45 pm

seriously, come to think of it again, "I am your father ^leh!" doesn't suit kids, teens and females leh??

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:55 pm

I wasn't mocking.

Those who knows me well will know I do not do that sort of thing.

I am giving an honest feedback for what it's worth.
Find, fix, finish

Darsha Assant

Post by Darsha Assant » Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:50 pm

hey i didn't notice the leh.
Haha so cute!!

GenXstealth

Post by GenXstealth » Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:04 am

Commander Faie wrote:seriously, come to think of it again, "I am your father ^leh!" doesn't suit kids, teens and females leh??
Agreed. Should just put the logo we see on the top-left hand of the site.
"If you strike me down, I will be more powerful than you think!"

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:54 am

Actually I like the design, very sporty and best of all (to me), not black
:D

I am willing to buy one to support starwars.sg or wear within starwars.sg events if there are many other people wearing it (safety in numbers :wink: )

If the admin decides firmly on this, I guess this is your decision and should be respected.

If this is just a prototype and orders have not been made yet, I urge a change in the tagline.

"Wah Si Nin Peh" may insult those who sees the shirt and reads it.
:lol:

I suggest possibilities (off the top of my head) like: (I believe they have been considered and turned down by you guys for various reasons and if the reason is that it is too common and used, bear in mind, this is Star Wars and it should be recognisable)

"May the Force be with You"
- always a good one since it suggest that you are greeting someone and wish the person the best

"There is no try" or "Do or Do Not"
- suggest there is no half way measures. If you do something, go with it with all your heart

"In a galaxy, far far away..." invoke a sense of imagination and wonder
Find, fix, finish

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:26 am

lhs1701 wrote:Actually I like the design, very sporty and best of all (to me), not black
:D

I am willing to buy one to support starwars.sg or wear within starwars.sg events if there are many other people wearing it (safety in numbers :wink: )

If the admin decides firmly on this, I guess this is your decision and should be respected.

If this is just a prototype and orders have not been made yet, I urge a change in the tagline.

"Wah Si Nin Peh" may insult those who sees the shirt and reads it.
:lol:

I suggest possibilities (off the top of my head) like: (I believe they have been considered and turned down by you guys for various reasons and if the reason is that it is too common and used, bear in mind, this is Star Wars and it should be recognisable)

"May the Force be with You"
- always a good one since it suggest that you are greeting someone and wish the person the best

"There is no try" or "Do or Do Not"
- suggest there is no half way measures. If you do something, go with it with all your heart

"In a galaxy, far far away..." invoke a sense of imagination and wonder
agreed! "May the force be with you" and "In a galaxy far far away" is more friendly and at the same one of the most recognisable quotes from the world of Star Wars.
That's my two cents.
Signed
~A concerned fanatic :wink:

Jar

Post by Jar » Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:46 am

I just saw the Tshirt at Tampines not Starwars ones just the Tshirt, White with Red Stripe at the Shoulder and the Zip at Neck and I can tell u that its looks synthetic not cotton so quite difficult to Customize. :cry: :cry:
"Fear. Fear attracts the fearful... the strong... the weak... the innocent... the corrupt. Fear is my ally."

Return to “Gatherings and Events”