FIRST SINGAPORE SCIFI BOWLING COMPETITION

Keeping in touch with fellow Star Wars and SciFi Fans !

Moderators: hbng, danchia

vector_prime

Post by vector_prime » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:33 am

congrats....looks like u guys had alot of fun :)
* You should be more concerned with character than reputation because character is who you are, while reputation is merely what others think.

=PATIENCE HAS IT's REWARDS=

Jar

Post by Jar » Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:57 am

It was fantastic,we have lots of fun and meeting the Others(sites) in person was memorable especially being a first meet for everyone, I think everyone use their sites name when playing so everyone knows who is WHO? It is my pleasure playing for the Starwars Team and we showed the rest(site) that we are a Team to beat when next we meet. WE ARE
STRONG IN THE FRIENDSHIP FORCE SO BE AFRAID BE VERY VERY AFRAID THE NEXT TIME ROUND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

donleow

Post by donleow » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:05 am

Awwee wrote:Great stuff!!! How about LASERQUEST the next round? All out shooting each other game!!! In cold air con dark battle arena.... at CDAN bukit gombak. Exciting game to play as a team of 5! :twisted:

laser quest is not good enough...paintball should be the next event that we should plan..

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:13 am

Gandalf Fett wrote:Father of Xander was extremely proud and we had a GREAT DAY OUT!!!! Thanks loads to everyone who participated - it was a great day well spent and certainly looking forward to the next event that will be held.

One thing though - if this event has taught us nothing else, it taught us that StarWars.sg NEEDS T-SHIRTS!!!!!! Or badge or something else that could be a unifying factor!!! Come on Mods!!!!! Let's GO!!!

I propose that everyone who is a Star Wars fan in Singapore should have a face tattoo like Darth Maul's .... now THAT would show solidarity !!! If we go together , I am sure we can get group discount from the Tattoo Palour :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

;)

Seriously though , it's really quite a good idea, to have a SG Star Wars Tshirt. We're working on it. :)

Another thing , I think that we should gather together as a group more often , perhaps once in 3-4 months, for either video screening, or games, or food . What do you think ? Any one interested ?

The Trekkies are fantastic and I really respect them for this .... they meet almost every month or two to do stuff together, like going on a Tree Top Walk together, or cycling in Pulau Ubin , and they have regular makan and video screenings not only of Star Trek related films , but also of other interesting films like anime etc . I think we can learn a thing or two from our comrades from the Federation. :D

SoloFalcon

Post by SoloFalcon » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:22 am

Hey all,
I have already done the homework for the Federation... it was not successful because of the cost involved. The more people take part, the lower the cost. Perhaps another joint outing/friendlies match?

http://www.paintball.com.sg/

A company named TAG has a paintball arena at Orchid Country Club (Yishun/Sembawang area)
Basically in order to play, 2 teams of 5 (max) must be formed.
Entrance Fee
Day: 9am - 5pm $15 (per person)
Night: 5pm - 12am $20 (per person)
This includes the use of the field, safety equipment and insurance.
Note: This fee is paid only once, following which the equipment may be used for the rest of the day.

The above plus the minimum required purchase of paintballs (Pb) will work out to be...
Paintballs Cost Per Pax Group of 10 (2 Teams)
1000 paintballs (1/2 box)* $250 Use 2000 Pb cheaper.
2000 paintballs (1 box)* $400 $55 (200Pb each)
3000 paintballs $600 $75 (300Pb each)
4000 paintballs $800 $95 (400Pb each)
5000 paintballs $1000 $115 (500Pb each)
Max
10000 paintballs $2000 $215 (1000Pb each)
From 2000 Pb onward, each Pb cost SGD0.20.
http://www.paintball.com.sg/pBooking.htm

If you wish to make a booking, please note that we will only accept bookings of 6 players or more in a group with a minimum purchase of 1000 paintballs (SGD250.00). For safety reasons, we allow a maximum of 5 players per team. Bookings must be made at least two days in advance.

How To Book A Game
Decide on a date and the number of people in your group. All players by law, must be 18 years or older. Minors of 14 to 17 years must have our waiver signed by their parent. Waiver for minors can be obtained from our website at www.paintball.com.sg. Proof of age must be provided prior to play.

Telephone us at 6324 0038, fax us at 6225 5724 or email TAG Paintball to make a reservation.

If date required is available, an online booking is required for confirmation. Game packages must be prepaid in full before date of reservation and are non-refundable. No refunds will be given for "no shows" on game day.

Reservations must be made at least 2 days in advance.

Things to bring:
http://www.paintball.com.sg/pThings.htm
donleow wrote:
Awwee wrote:Great stuff!!! How about LASERQUEST the next round? All out shooting each other game!!! In cold air con dark battle arena.... at CDAN bukit gombak. Exciting game to play as a team of 5! :twisted:
laser quest is not good enough...paintball should be the next event that we should plan..
Trust me princess~

adamteo

Post by adamteo » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:29 am

wah....bullets sure are xpensive....now i know why jedis go with lightsaber and the force...

Jar

Post by Jar » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:48 am

Hey, Dan, face paint is a great idea, can wear anything but must come with a tattoo face and tattoo sticker is quite cheap also. T shirt is fine but
its quite common idea almost anyone can make one. Paint ball is EX not everyone can play, how about Beach Volley Ball maybe at Sentosa or
Track n Field with Twist(obstacle) outdoor Sun N Fun. :wink: :wink:

erase

Post by erase » Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:45 pm

donleow wrote:

I second you Don.

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:14 pm

Guess you guys want to give the Maoris a run for their money. Anyway, here's a photo:

Find, fix, finish

e3lipse
Location: Clonetrooper Land - Where the clones troopers roam free

Post by e3lipse » Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:22 am

erase wrote:
donleow wrote:

I second you Don.
3rd 4th 5th and so on!
I always wanted to try paintball but lack the people.
:D
After all these years, I still love Clones
"Young one, don't tell me what to do."

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:13 am

I don't mind playing paint-ball but the Padawan and Princess will have to sit out.
Warning - viewer discretion advised

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:49 pm

Guess u guys indeed had a great fun that day!

Yay my tests are over! Phew..

Darsha Assant

Post by Darsha Assant » Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:04 pm

Lucky you.

Gandalf Fett

Re: Yahoo!!

Post by Gandalf Fett » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:18 pm

GenXstealth wrote:It was fun, but the force is not quite united(because of other star wars site in SG). That is why I agree on the T-shirts or polo-Ts. Also is there a way to make this site the offical SW fan site. Hmm....
There is ANOTHER Star Wars site in SG??? WHY???
Warning - viewer discretion advised

SoloFalcon

Post by SoloFalcon » Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:48 pm

www.stevenlim.net?
It is a site about the war against people preventing him from becoming a star.
Trust me princess~

Return to “Gatherings and Events”