Anime Festival Asia 2009

Keeping in touch with fellow Star Wars and SciFi Fans !

Moderators: hbng, danchia

Haldir

Anime Festival Asia 2009

Post by Haldir » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:43 pm

Anime Festival Asia 2009

Suntec Convention & Exhibition Hall 403-404

21st (Sat) & 22nd (Sun) 2009

http://www.afa09.com/index.html

So who're going? :D

I will hopefully be there to grab someone's head (and torso?) :twisted:

==========
==========

Cosplayer Pre-registration has now ended. Thank you for your participation and see you at AFA09!

==========
==========

The Pre-Registration for Free Entry for Cosplayers to AFA09 had been opened : http://afa09.com/cosplayer_pre-registration.html

AFA09 Cosplayers Pre-Registration

How to redeem your complimentary ticket at AFA09 as a cosplayer:
1) All cosplayers must register online at AFA09 site to redeem the complimentary ticket.
2) Bring along a printout of your registration form to AFA09 on either/both days.
3) Cosplayers can come on either/both days to redeem your ticket.
There will be a cosplayer ticketing booth for cosplayers to queue to redeem their ticket for the day.
4) All cosplayers must be in full costume in order to redeem their complimentary ticket
5) Please show your I.C and registration form for verification. Each cosplayer is entitled to ONE ticket per day.
6) There will be a helper/cosplay moderator who will help verify the process.
7) Collection of complimentary tickets will start from 10am, and end at 4pm on both days
8) Cosplayers who want to collect their 2nd day ticket might need to bring another set of print outs of 2nd day costume.

We are happy to giveaway the complimentary ticket(s) if you cosplay as:
Any anime/manga/game adaptation character from Japanese/Western origin.

and Opps... please do not come with...
1) Clothes that resemble everyday clothing
2) ‘Cardboard box’ characters
3) Jackets with anime prints/logos
4) Visual Kei/Gothic Lolita
5) Original Characters
* Other cosplays will be subjected to the AFA09 Cosplay Committee’s approval. Organizer's decisions are final.
No appeals or correspondence will be entertained.

Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do you discern what sort of suitable cosplay will or will not be allowed for free entry?
A: A veteran cosplayer will be around to help in that aspect. A certain amount of effort is needed to be worked upon for your costume, even though the cosplay could be perfect. For uncompleted costumes, the criteria will be based on the following:
- On a case-by-case basis under the moderator’s jurisdiction; you must complete at least 3 out of 4 of the following criteria:
1) Costume
2) Wig
3) Props
4) Other details
- Change of cosplay plans will also be on a case-by-case basis; a new print-out is needed to be shown at the cosplay counter if the cosplayer chooses to change his pre-registration entry at the last minute.
- The cosplay moderator’s decision is final.

Q: But that's discrimination!
A: This scheme is to reward cosplayers who have put in effort into their costumes. The free entry to AFA for cosplayers is to reward them for their efforts.

Q: I plan to cosplay on both days for AFA! Can I redeem tickets for both days at the same time?
A: All cosplayers are entitled to 1 ticket per day. You may wish to queue for your second ticket on the second day of AFA09.

Q: Can I cosplay the same character for the second day of AFA to redeem my complimentary ticket as well?
A: Yes, you are allowed to do so.

Q: Can I have multiple cosplays within the same day?
A: Yes, but you will still be eligible for one day pass, as long as you submit only for 1 day.

Q: Can I qualify for the complimentary ticket if I am wearing Gothic Lolita?
A: No, Gothic Lolita is not considered cosplay, unless the person is cosplaying an image from a certain artiste.

Q: How about Visual Kei?
A: No, Visual Kei is also not considered cosplay, unless the person is cosplaying an image from a certain artiste.

Q: I am cosplaying with a team for AFA. Can I help everyone from my team register?
A: Each cosplayer must collect this ticket under his/her own name.

Q: Where is the cosplayer ticketing booth?
A: More details will be revealed as they are being finalized

=========
=========
Last edited by Haldir on Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gordonator

Post by Gordonator » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:56 pm

entrance fee is $25 for 2 days. :roll:

i know it's not a lot but i just don't like the idea of paying to see a convention.

al13ns
Location: roaming around Fiorina 'Fury' 161 - lookin for inmates

Post by al13ns » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:28 pm

if i'm not wrong, we dont need to pay if we r in costumes ? dont know if it applies to Star Wars costumes as well?
ImageImageImage

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:37 pm

Need to apply first but I have no idea which address to send the application. Will check with the organizer.

I haven't start on or finish a single costume anyway for AFA09

Heh, think Danny Choo will be wearing his Stormie so someone can't wear his? :P

Lord_Angelus

Post by Lord_Angelus » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:49 am

I want to meet danny............... Hero.....

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:27 pm

For those kancong already want to apply for the "Free Entry Ticket" to the event :

Hello Jessica!

Currently, we are still fine-tuning the online registration system for cosplayers in order to qualify for a free entry pass to AFA09. Do check www.afa09.com for updates and details once the registration system is up!

--Regards,
AFA09 Committee

al13ns

Post by al13ns » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:12 pm

i want the free entry ticket only for buying the Saint Seiya exclusive items...ha3
ImageImageImage

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:49 pm

Haahaa....me too especially I need TWO of that bugger for the Twins. ;)

Ugh! I better start on the mock-ups for the costumes soon so can easily make them once I start working, after work. :shock: The cloths and trims are whinning at me already. :shock:

al13ns

Post by al13ns » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:54 am

so fatimah, STAR WARS costumers can go in for free or not ?
ImageImageImage

Gordonator

Post by Gordonator » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:04 pm

Haldir wrote:Heh, think Danny Choo will be wearing his Stormie so someone can't wear his? :P
lol! i see what u mean there. :lol:

not sure what danny's final decision is but the organiser seems to want him to come in armour to jazz up the novelty factor. it will be too troublesome on danny's part to bring the armour himself so it's either the organiser will arrange for transportation or danny is getting a "clone". i do know that there a Malaysian fanboy who has a TK armour and is coming down for the event.

personally i do not recommend any of our troopers to wear stormtrooper to the event unless he don't mind been called a copycat, which no doubt will be the case since danny is a well-known otaku figure.

i will go as civilian but i hate the idea of paying $25 to get in. :x

maybe i will do it hitman style, steal a uniform and sneak in. :lol:

AyKay

Post by AyKay » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:16 pm

Considering that AFA stands for Anime Festival Asia, even if we're not wearing TK but some other Star Wars costume we wouldn't granted free entry either since it's not in accordance to the theme of the convention.

I wanna see if I can borrow an anime costume off a certain good friend of ours for the weekend. Hope he won't mind.
Ananda 'AK' Kang | ANEH | TK 8315 | Expert Infantryman | Singapore Garrison

Lord_Angelus

Post by Lord_Angelus » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:28 pm

AyKay wrote:Considering that AFA stands for Anime Festival Asia, even if we're not wearing TK but some other Star Wars costume we wouldn't granted free entry either since it's not in accordance to the theme of the convention.

I wanna see if I can borrow an anime costume off a certain good friend of ours for the weekend. Hope he won't mind.

Go and wear this... this is in Anime too.

Not for age 12 years old and under to see
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/982/pdvd0014nr.png

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:01 am

Actually, SW have 4 Manga Series to its name; the Original Trilogy and TPM Mangas.
So from a certain point of view, SW can come under AMG. ;)

But of course, most people didn't know this. :?

Heh Gordon, if not for you being tall and I'm starting work tomorrow so a LOT less time to do sewing, I could drag you into my group too. ;) Unless you dun mind wearing a Short Robe of mine and hunt for your own Blonde Wig with Tail or Silver Punk-like Wig. :lol:

AyKay

Post by AyKay » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:09 pm

Haldir wrote:Actually, SW have 4 Manga Series to its name; the Original Trilogy and TPM Mangas.
So from a certain point of view, SW can come under AMG. ;)
Yeah, it's the same as me showing them these pictures:
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b272/ ... tarmoe.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b272/ ... ingmoe.jpg

then claiming that Star Wars is anime cosplay... That might work... :P
Ananda 'AK' Kang | ANEH | TK 8315 | Expert Infantryman | Singapore Garrison

Gordonator

Post by Gordonator » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:07 pm

Haldir wrote:Heh Gordon, if not for you being tall and I'm starting work tomorrow so a LOT less time to do sewing, I could drag you into my group too. ;) Unless you dun mind wearing a Short Robe of mine and hunt for your own Blonde Wig with Tail or Silver Punk-like Wig. :lol:
thanks for the offer but i definitely aren't going to cosplay. :lol:

Return to “Gatherings and Events”