Toy Carnival @ sam

Keeping in touch with fellow Star Wars and SciFi Fans !

Moderators: hbng, danchia

Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo

Post by Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:15 pm

jenki wrote:i feel so cheated. in the end we were the only ones who was truly there for display..
errm... Toy Carnival, not Toy Museum... -.-"
I'm a clean scout, so dun dirty my armour on purpose.

Gordonator

Post by Gordonator » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:17 pm

i didn't expect so many kids and babies coming. 8)

i think i made some of them cried. :cry:

bernards

Post by bernards » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:42 pm

Gordonator wrote:Hi bernards, that's my blaster your kid holding and me beside your kid in your picture. i love kids. hope they love the troopers too. 8)
That was very generous of you. I was worried he might not return your blaster.

One very hardworking trooper. Nothing could wipe out the smile on my elder's face. I suspect the whole family is going to have to watch episode 1 to 6 again.

My maids had a better time than anyone else. I think my young one was trying to escape from Lord Vader. (That suit must be boiling hot!) A jedi, Vader and stormtroopers, what else can one ask for?
Last edited by bernards on Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bernards

Post by bernards » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:46 pm

Dranoel wrote:"feitonglong", great meeting you today too! after a loooong time :)

yeah, the droids were hard to find, especially if they went upstairs :P

bernards, glad your kids were happy. Other than finding armour to fit a 7-yr old, how about getting yourself armoured as well ;)
My kids were thrilled! Looking at prices now. Quite a bit of investment.

dranoel
Site Admin

Post by dranoel » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:51 pm

A BIG THANK YOU from Starwars.sg
to Valentin, Lewdini, Jeffrey and Jenki
for sharing your wonderful collections with everyone today.

I hope the themed displays offered visitors a nice respite to appreciate your collections, among the masses of stalls selling stuff :)
Administrator. Starwars.sg
IC/IS 3081. 501st Legion (Singapore Garrison)

Valentin

Post by Valentin » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:59 pm

Dranoel wrote:A BIG THANK YOU from Starwars.sg
to Valentin, Lewdini, Jeffrey and Jenki
for sharing your wonderful collections with everyone today.

I hope the themed displays offered visitors a nice respite to appreciate your collections, among the masses of stalls selling stuff :)
Here's a pic of everyone's display just before the masses came in.

TK3835 [Hooters]
501st Legion

TD7620

Post by TD7620 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:04 pm

bernards wrote:One very hardworking trooper. Nothing could wipe out the smile on my elder's face. I suspect the whole family is going to have to watch episode 1 to 6 again.
Well, that trooper was me, so thank you for the very kind words!
As this was my first event with the SIngapore Garrison, I must say I had a blast! Even though it was kinda hot for a Norwegian trooper... :lol:

bernards

Post by bernards » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:10 am

Glad you were there. Your armour was awesome. A few more pics of yourself in action. (Click on the link to download the original size.)

Download

Download

Four stromtroopers, one scratching his butt.
Download

assjedi

Post by assjedi » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:40 am

great seeing you guys there

Fatimah, Albert, Leonard, Chris, Keith, Herri, Clement and everybody else I dunno by name yet. Erm the female Jedi. Sorry the rest of the SEJA guys couldn't come along. Busy with their own stuff. I'd come in costume but didn't want to do without my other comrades.

Jacen Fett outside with Nien Nunb with the nerfs.

See some of you guys this coming weekend!
"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
"I'm not a Jedi. I'm just a man with a lightsaber... and a few questions.."
http://www.fightsaber.com/

mosske

Post by mosske » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:32 am

Thanks assjedi, was great to see you too - looking forward to this weekend.

To everyone else there yesterday...those I met and those I didn't get the chance too, thanks for coming! It was really nice to see you all again. We don't get much chance to have a gathering like this and it really is a good time to catch up. :)

Hope our troopers entertained you all! Some of them trooped for over 6 hours! :shock:

TD7620, I hope yr first trooping here was a fun one. Actually I can tell you had a blast! ;)
TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion

darth nacho

Post by darth nacho » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:34 pm

that was so much fun. sorry for the little boy i bumped with my blaster...can not see little kids when they are next to me....need to mod the bucket a bit for the next round.
So many little kids.
also some guys thought we werent real till we moved...hahaha.

cant wait for the next trooping.

mosske

Post by mosske » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:18 pm

Photos from the official event photographer:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kenmoo2005 ... 3691551748
TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion

zirst

Post by zirst » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:42 pm

I was there at the event and I must say...KUDOS to all of ya 501st guys and gals !!!!!! I thought that I had missed the trooping as I came in the afternoon and didn't see any troopers walking around but when I saw you guys getting ready with your costumes in one corner, I heaved a sigh of relief man ! As I am quite a new convert to Star Wars, I was thrilled to see the Stormtroopers "live" and I was also amazed at how "movie-accurate" Darth Vader was and frankly speaking, if I didn't see him suiting up, I would have thought that that was David Prowse under the helmet (though I never saw David before :lol: !) Whoever is in that suit, he sure is tall ! Anyway, it was fun to see you guys posing for the everyone ( me inclusive of course, although my crappy phone camera that went flat faster than a Speeder bike ) . The Stormtrooper getting owned by a female Jedi was kinda amusing and seeing the towering Sandtrooper made me feel glad that I made the right choice of "psycho'ing" my GF to come with me to this event as she also enjoyed it as much I did :).

Cheers guys !

mosske

Post by mosske » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:53 pm

zirst wrote:I was there at the event and I must say...KUDOS to all of ya 501st guys and gals !!!!!! I thought that I had missed the trooping as I came in the afternoon and didn't see any troopers walking around but when I saw you guys getting ready with your costumes in one corner, I heaved a sigh of relief man ! As I am quite a new convert to Star Wars, I was thrilled to see the Stormtroopers "live" and I was also amazed at how "movie-accurate" Darth Vader was and frankly speaking, if I didn't see him suiting up, I would have thought that that was David Prowse under the helmet (though I never saw David before :lol: !) Whoever is in that suit, he sure is tall ! Anyway, it was fun to see you guys posing for the everyone ( me inclusive of course, although my crappy phone camera that went flat faster than a Speeder bike ) . The Stormtrooper getting owned by a female Jedi was kinda amusing and seeing the towering Sandtrooper made me feel glad that I made the right choice of "psycho'ing" my GF to come with me to this event as she also enjoyed it as much I did :).

Cheers guys !
Anytime, bro! Glad you came. :)
TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion

TD7620

Post by TD7620 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:43 am

Guess I've made quite an impact.... :lol:

Return to “Gatherings and Events”