In the true spirit of Fanboys...

Keeping in touch with fellow Star Wars and SciFi Fans !

Moderators: hbng, danchia

Lestrooper

Post by Lestrooper » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:29 pm

Hi Jim

May the force be with you...

:wink:
TB8006 <SKETCH>
501st Legion, Singapore Garrison

When The Going Gets Tough, The Tough Gets Going!

Kyrios29

Post by Kyrios29 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:43 pm

Hey Jim... Be Strong Dude...
There is no Death.... There is The Force

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:30 pm

Jim, be strong in your fight and hope you'll recover soon. ;)

WeI

Post by WeI » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:52 pm

hi jim. look onto the bright side and nothing could stop you from recovering .. BE brave and fight till the end . I believe there lots of jedi wannabes in this forum are fighting with you. Since u like starwars , take it as u are the master jedi and leading us the padawan to fight the sithlord together. although i know it sounds a bit kiddy , hope this will lighten ur day .....

So unleashed ur power and fight with the illness and BEAT IT .......
MAy ur force leads u to the right marrow k ... CHEERS ! HUrray ! Huarry .

Smelly monkeys ..

Luke Starkiller

Post by Luke Starkiller » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:00 pm

Dear friends,

Thank you all for the encouraging words, well wishes and prayers, ur encouaging words are very much appreciated.

Days are long and veri difficult here bcos of emptiness and chemo side effects. I have lost my ability to use my limbs 2 mths back (slowly regaining control now), unable to speak, eat or drink (4 weeks now, still unable to eat but able to speak and drink currently) and the feeling of touch from my fingers.

I wld like to remind everyone not to take life for granted as illness has no discriminateion on age or time. Please take time to smell the roses, with all your love ones esp. When one is down, the love ones oso suffers.

May you all be surrounded by love from family and friends daily,

sincerely

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

uorme99

Post by uorme99 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:16 am

My prayers to you Jim. I hope you would get well and be as you are before. Be strong, have patience and have faith. It might be easy for me to write this and i may not know the pain you felt and feeling now but after reading your posts i just know i have to post a reply. I may not know you but we are all humans afterall, with emotions. May God bless you with a speedy recovery from your illness and get back on with life. Peace be with you.

Jumali

masteryoyo

Post by masteryoyo » Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:59 am

recover soon you will :)

Darth Zulwalker

Post by Darth Zulwalker » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:31 pm

:?:
"Size matters not.Look at me.Judge me by my size,do you?Hmm?And well you should not.For my ally is the Force.And a powerful ally it is.Life creates it,makes it grow.Its energy surrounds us,and binds us.Luminous beings are we,not this crude matter..."

WeI

Post by WeI » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:39 pm

SUffering will come to an end And peace will be upon you . Live well And fight well . Do not feel despair about the mishaps which is happening to you . People lives lies in god and no one can complain . Take this as a challenge that u must face . Overcome all the obstacles and climb greater heights . I really feel enlighten about the words u said . Do not take life as granted .. Love ur family and loves ones while still have the chance . I believe that these will sparks off many and most will be touched of what u had said . Do not fear and let the illness fear you . Althought we can only write in this forum and u dont know who may I but i really hope u get well . I been looking at ur updates daily and hope that something Delightful will happen . I really hope i can give u something like a card or smth but ....... Anyway hope that u will not find me too long winded as this is me .... Though i only a kid but hope that a kid will bring u luck and happiness .

The Force will be with you , Always ........

Gordonator

Post by Gordonator » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:17 pm

guys, jim's story is in today's edition of the New Paper. do get a copy if you are interested. cheers.

Shangyou

Post by Shangyou » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:40 pm

Gordonator wrote:guys, jim's story is in today's edition of the New Paper. do get a copy if you are interested. cheers.
It's on Page 31 in case anyone is wondering...

Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo

Post by Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:34 pm

sorry i dun read new paper.. can someone kindly put a link or somethg like tat... thanks!
I'm a clean scout, so dun dirty my armour on purpose.

Gordonator

Post by Gordonator » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:03 am

mosske

Post by mosske » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:00 pm

Thanks for posting up, Gordon.

Jim, my prayers are with you, bro. I was hoping to join in on the visit to you but alas I was out of town. I'm praying you get better soon, buddy. Would love to troop beside you one day. :)
TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion

Luke Starkiller

Post by Luke Starkiller » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:55 pm

Dear frds,

Just to update everyone, the good news is I'm out for the weekend!! If my wife is available, I will try to drop by this Sunday at CSC early, when the crowd is thinner, to see wats new and interesting!! So, if u see a guy in black cap and a pale blue facial/hospital mask (accompanied by a pregnant lady) , dats probably me. Do say hi, I wld be happy to meet anyone.

The reason I m out is bcos, I cant start on the next round of chemo (which was due 2 wks back) as I am still unable to eat due to my ulcers in the mouth as mentioned in the news article. BUT its getting better. Wat happened was dat last round of chemo gave me chain ulcers/blisters in the tongue, cheek, gums and throat. The lips were like Stephen Chow movie - lak chiong (he aint exaggerating), badly swollen, cracked and bleeding. That sealed my mouth and left me unable to talk, drink or eat for abt 4 weeks. Everything started to heal last week when my white blood cells picked up a little - still only half of wat a healthy person wld have. Althou I m still very low in immunity today but bcos I cant do anything in the hospital, cant even eat/drink medicine/meals, I m going ard as much as possible (without the crowd). So hopefully, I will get to see some interesting stuff.

Was in town in a cab earlier today, I was surprised to see many street scenes have changed over only 4 months. I saw Concourse, Ion and Paragon. How time flies...

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Return to “Gatherings and Events”