Calling All Fans, Boys and Girls

Keeping in touch with fellow Star Wars and SciFi Fans !

Moderators: hbng, danchia

Post by 9 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:53 am

am was not a trek fan... but hey the new coming trek movie trailer really looks good with all the 'enhancements'...hahahaha

honestly i have not watched any trek movie at all...how many were there?? Im a full blooded sw fan...ok i sux at trivia though. :twisted:

Jar

Post by Jar » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:09 am

9 wrote:am was not a trek fan... but hey the new coming trek movie trailer really looks good with all the 'enhancements'...hahahaha

honestly i have not watched any trek movie at all...how many were there?? Im a full blooded sw fan...ok i sux at trivia though. :twisted:
No worries 9, most of us are trek fans also me included but this is Star Wars site so lets talk about that, I think the Fanboys Movie is great but it tends to criticise ST as the enemy too excessively in the movie, I personally have no issues with both SW n ST so for comedic sense it is very humorous to laugh to. :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Fear. Fear attracts the fearful... the strong... the weak... the innocent... the corrupt. Fear is my ally."

Darth Zulwalker

Post by Darth Zulwalker » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:32 am

Dranoel wrote:Tonight's session will be hosted by.... me :oops:
It's going to be very informal. An opportunity for the fans to interact, discuss the movie, share their interesting Star Wars fanboy/fangirl moments.

We will get to hear from folks of Starwars.sg, 501st Legion... and I know we have SEJA in the audience too, plus some Fan Force and Rebel Legion members too, if I am not wrong

If SEJA would like to give an impromptu demonstration, that would be very welcome *hint* *hint* :wink:

I will bring some stickers and markers, for everyone to make your name tags (unless you are too shy). I think this is a good suggestion from the last movie outing to catch Clone Wars, so that it's easier to get to know fellow fans. "So you are the one who posted that topic on ...."

For the more creative ones, you're welcome to make and bring along your fancy name tags :)
Ahhh........I see.........I attended Fanboys last night. Your name Dranoel is an anagrammatic palindrome of Leonard which is your real name :D

I was the one who put up my hand & said "Indiana Jones posters and props" in reply to your question what other cross references are used in that movie
"Size matters not.Look at me.Judge me by my size,do you?Hmm?And well you should not.For my ally is the Force.And a powerful ally it is.Life creates it,makes it grow.Its energy surrounds us,and binds us.Luminous beings are we,not this crude matter..."

Darth Zulwalker

Disappointed hehe

Post by Darth Zulwalker » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:56 am

Fanboys is nothing short of wacky, zany, hilarious and at some point, touching.

Most important of all, it has many references to Star Wars and Indiana Jones movies, including other films from Lucasfilm company like THX 1138 and Willow.

I think it even has Trekkie fans rolling in mirth at the absurd perennial ongoing feud between fans of the 2 giant sci-fi genres. Also includes a smattering of allusions to other SF movies like Star Trek, Terminator, and if I'm not mistaken, Back To The Future(all of which I like as I'm also a movie fan).

To top it all, Fanboys is a perfect movie for SW fan geeks..........well almost.

Don't get me wrong; I LOVE it! Been looking forward to this event since I bought my ticket last week. Good movie to raise your level of The Force.

My only grump is that there should at least be a pair of tits flashing which I was looking forward to since there is a lot of sexual innuendoes. Instead we get a girl in a convertible at high speed flashing her black bra :?: at Windows.........quite a disappointment.

But then Fanboys wouldn't get an NC-16 rating........more like R-21. So to spare a thought for SW fans who are 16 and above.........it turns out to be a wholesomely good movie! :D
"Size matters not.Look at me.Judge me by my size,do you?Hmm?And well you should not.For my ally is the Force.And a powerful ally it is.Life creates it,makes it grow.Its energy surrounds us,and binds us.Luminous beings are we,not this crude matter..."

Darth Zulwalker

Star Trek the movie party crash

Post by Darth Zulwalker » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:44 pm

I got a GREAT idea :idea:! Actually just a suggestion really.......

At the premiere of the new Star Trek The Movie, which I understand is going to happen around May,why not stage a similar gathering like last night's for starwars.sg fans......

Only this time, after the final credits, each of us stand up & say why we don't like it or say negative things about the movie, the ST concept and the legions of ST fans...........in short, everything bad about everything Star Trek! :twisted:

We could also have a questionnaire survey of why Star Wars is superior and light-speed ahead of Star Trek.......

Nahhhhhhhhh.........just kidding.........or IS IT??? :wink:

Starsunder

Post by Starsunder » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:20 pm

Send in the 501st to the Trekkie movie premiere!

Gordonator

Post by Gordonator » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:37 pm

imagine how great it will be if there's a hot fangirl like kristen bell to be your girlfriend. :oops:

windows is one damn lucky lucky fanboy...

Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo

Post by Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:56 pm

Dranoel wrote:
Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo wrote:Dranoel how can u forget to thank those minders? :lol:
Minders (including yourself) are covered under the overall 501st Legion "deployment" :wink: :lol:

:D
I'm a clean scout, so dun dirty my armour on purpose.

AyKay

Post by AyKay » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:50 pm

Gordonator wrote:imagine how great it will be if there's a hot fangirl like kristen bell to be your girlfriend. :oops:

windows is one damn lucky lucky fanboy...

*Right-click*
*Save Picture As...*
Ananda 'AK' Kang | ANEH | TK 8315 | Expert Infantryman | Singapore Garrison

spiffmeister

Post by spiffmeister » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:00 pm

Although, it was rather interesting that Windows actually managed to copulate once before. lol

Shangyou

Post by Shangyou » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:51 pm

Thanks dr34m for giving me these for free before the movie started.

SierraCon

Feel the Love Generation

Post by SierraCon » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:44 pm

I would love to Have kristen bell as a girlfriend also she's the girl with the electriic in heroes elle Bishop

will some One Get the stormtroppers of force 105st to Wipe out my Brains

Speaking of the star trek movie Premiere ....................... the story between the 501'st and the Trekkies countinues
I find your lack of faith disturbing

The force is strong with this one."

al13ns
Location: roaming around Fiorina 'Fury' 161 - lookin for inmates

Post by al13ns » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:51 pm

501st bro...not "force 105st"
ImageImageImage

SierraCon

501st

Post by SierraCon » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:46 am

Sorry My bad Somebody Has used the Mind Trick to trick me

what a mistake a maker

501st 501st 501st 501st 501st 501st
501st 501st 501st 501st 501st 501st

Ok Now i remember
I find your lack of faith disturbing

The force is strong with this one."

dranoel
Site Admin

Post by dranoel » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:00 pm

Those of you who stayed for the Blog Aloud session will recall that I shared about a fellow fan who wanted to join us for the movie but was unable to do so due to his medical condition. To respect his privacy, I shall refer to him as J.

We appreciate the effort of the folks at GV who managed to get us the Fanboys movie poster. And we are especially encouraged by all who signed the poster and penned their well-wishes... Indeed, true to the spirit of Fanboys.

We had the poster framed, and a group of fans visited J this afternoon to present the gift on everyone's behalf. I could not be there in person due to my cough, but I am told J was very touched and appreciative of the kind thoughts from the community of fans.

We have started a dedicated thread for everyone to continue conveying their encouragement to J.
viewtopic.php?t=3047

Return to “Gatherings and Events”