Celebration Japan

Keeping in touch with fellow Star Wars and SciFi Fans !

Moderators: hbng, danchia

Paul K
Site Admin

Celebration Japan

Post by Paul K » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:32 am

Star Wars Celebration Japan to Mark 30th Anniversary of the Star Wars Saga

Three-Day Event at Makuhari-Messe Convention Center Near Tokyo July 19 to 21 Will Be Filled with Entertainment, Celebrities, Exhibits, Immersive Events, Costumes and Much More
Celebrating the Japanese 30th anniversary of Star Wars, Lucasfilm Ltd. and The Lewis Daniel Group will present the first-ever Star Wars Celebration event in the Asia-Pacific region from July 19 to 21 at the Makuhari-Messe Convention Center near Tokyo.

Expected to be one of the largest events ever for fans of the Star Wars Saga, Star Wars Celebration Japan will begin a little more than 30 years after the movie premiered in Japan on June 24, 1978.

The three-day event will be filled with live entertainment, celebrities, special presentations, unique Star Wars exhibits, exclusive merchandise, pop-culture tributes, immersive events, costume contests, and many additional activities.

Star Wars Celebration Japan will take place from Saturday, July 19, through Monday, July 21, which is Ocean Day, a national holiday. Moreover, the three-day weekend marks the start of the summer school holiday for children throughout the country, making Star Wars Celebration Japan the perfect way for multiple generations of fans to enjoy this unprecedented experience together.

The Makuhari-Messe is a world-class, modern convention and exhibition center located conveniently in Chiba prefecture on the main rail line between downtown Tokyo and Narita Airport. There are several major hotels within a few minutes' walk of the center.

"Star Wars has enjoyed incredible popularity in Japan for three decades, and we are honored to show our appreciation to Japanese audiences on this milestone anniversary of the movie's opening there," said Steve Sansweet, Director of Content Management and Head of Fan Relations for Lucasfilm.

"Japanese audiences have been among the most enthusiastic and devoted Star Wars fans and we couldn't let this anniversary pass without thanking them. We are very pleased to add Celebration Japan to a growing worldwide lineup of Star Wars Celebration events."

In May 2007, Star Wars Celebration IV, attracted more than 35,000 fans from all over the world for a five-day event in Los Angeles; and Star Wars Celebration Europe, the first such event outside of the U.S., drew more than 30,000 people in London in July 2007, far exceeding the expectations of its organizers.

The announcement of Star Wars Celebration Japan was made jointly by Lucasfilm Ltd. and the Lewis Daniel Group, a Houston, Texas-based company with expertise and operating experience in media and entertainment businesses, and which will manage the event in cooperation with Lucasfilm.

"Japan is the ideal site for a Star Wars Celebration," Sansweet said, "since there are many Japanese influences in the Saga. Star Wars has roots in the culture and mythos of Japan, and we look forward to celebrating this unique connection during the event," he added, citing a similarity between the stoic Samurai and Jedi Knights of Star Wars as one example.

"LDG is thrilled to be working with Lucasfilm on this very special event," said Lewis Daniel Group (LDG) President Jeff Daniel and Chief Marketing Officer Michael Richman in a joint statement. "As life-long Star Wars fans, we take great pride in bringing the excitement of a Star Wars Celebration to Japan. Collectively, we have been working in the live entertainment business for more than 30 years, and we have never been more excited about producing an event."

One of the highlights for fans at Star Wars Celebrations is the chance to buy unique, event-specific merchandise. Star Wars Celebration Japan will be no exception, with many exciting exclusive items to be announced in the coming months. Likewise, a robust roster of incredible experiences, events and live entertainment will be announced soon.

In addition to official Star Wars licensees, booth space at Star Wars Celebration Japan will be available to independent collectibles dealers and retailers. Information about booth space rental will be made available shortly.

The official Star Wars website will be the primary source for updates about programming, guests, activities, entertainment, and exclusive merchandise at Celebration Japan.

Fans, and those interested in exhibiting and vending, will soon be able to register for updates at www.celebrationjapan.com or www.celebrationjapan.jp. Information about ordering tickets will be available soon, including special instructions for international fans. There also will be an opportunity to purchase travel packages, both within Japan and internationally. Please refer to www.starwars.com or www.celebrationjapan.com for more information to be released soon.
Paul Khoo

Site Administrator

dranoel
Site Admin

Post by dranoel » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:24 pm

Star Wars Celebration comes to Asia.
This is Great News! :D

erase

Post by erase » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:24 am

Come and joined us in 501st. . .enrol to the Darkside, and the Darkside need YOU!!! :twisted:
Dranoel wrote:Star Wars Celebration comes to Asia.
TD/SL-5125 501st SIN Garrison
MEPD Deployed/327th Star Corps
Let me see your identification...

yen

Post by yen » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:07 pm

erase wrote:Come and joined us in 501st. . .enrol to the Darkside, and the Darkside need YOU!!! :twisted:
Dranoel wrote:Star Wars Celebration comes to Asia.
Cool! Sounds like good tagline for recruitment excercise no? How much to rent a stall there?

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:31 pm

OMG! I really, really got to start saving up and maybe selling off my junks to afford this. :shock:

Any idea how much will be needed to make it a good trip (minus all the "shopping")?

al13ns
Location: roaming around Fiorina 'Fury' 161 - lookin for inmates

Post by al13ns » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:28 pm

Mannn, this's faster than what i expected...

hopefully there'll be no issue for the Visa application...

i need to start saving for this trip...
ImageImageImage

Paul K
Site Admin

Post by Paul K » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:54 pm

Quick check on Zuji.

Rates vary from $500 plus to about $900 plus WITHOUT taxes! ANA looks decently priced and it is direct from SG to JP. The rest like Thai, China Air, Cathay will all change flights in their respective countries, thus making a 7hr flight into a 10 hr. Backside pain.

It is not going to be a cheap place to go for a con. Food, transport etc will be expensive by our standards.
Paul Khoo

Site Administrator

donleow

Post by donleow » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:02 pm

okie for some travel info to japan in terms of transport/makan and hotel stay / visa :P

Visa Wavier enquiries
all singaporean are not required to have visa application unless you are non singaporean please check the MFA website.. My understanding also that with effect from feb, all foreigners are subjected to an interview and camera shot in view with the terrorist act legislation pass down by government

Countries and regions Term of residence
Asia Singapore 3 months or less

Food
My experience is to go to beer house which will cause 40 sing dollars for 2 or you can patronize the supermarket at 7pm onwards which will be half price which average 3.50 - 4.50 sing dollars. Technically speaking, all food are fresh and supermarket will closed by 8pm... convenient store similar to 7 eleven operates at 24hrs and average raman stall serve raman at 12 dollars...

mcdonald will setup back like 4.50 sing for breakfast but they do have a lot of vending machine which cost from 1.20 to 5 dollars sing and will dispend anything from drinks, noodles, bento ...

transport
by train is average from 120 yen - 500 yen which totals to be 1.20 to 7 dollars (dependent on where u r going...if u need to change line like from tokyo to asakusa then, an average of 15 stations will cost u 300 yen - 4.50 sing) - do not attempt to take cab unless u bloody rich...is the most expensive u can imagine...

Hotel Room stay
an average room will outside toyko range from 120 dollars sing per nite minimum for a boutique hotel ( no star to say)but there could be guest house that all of us can put up with in one place will be easier...

Tokyo Maison -- Inogashira and Kichijoji are nice areas, but seem no vacancy.
http://www.tokyomaison.jp/englishtop.htm

2. Hiraoka Guest House -- Ueno... The area is not super clean, but close to Ueno Zoo, Ueno Park, and very convenient to go to Narita Airport.
http://uenohiraoka.com/english/

3. Tiger House -- They have guest houses all over Tokyo.
Most of them are full, but ones in Shinjuku and Osaki will be open soon. But I think you can email them and ask if other rooms are soon available...
http://www.tiger-house.com/

4. Guest House Koyomiya
http://koyomiya.jp/englishindex.html

5. East House
http://korya40.hp.infoseek.co.jp/guesthouse

6. Room Japan
http://www.roomjapan.com/

7. Mimosa Guest House
http://www.geocities.jp/mimosa_eg/

So hope that helps
TS 3132 ( curlyhair)
Singapore Garrison

al13ns
Location: roaming around Fiorina 'Fury' 161 - lookin for inmates

Post by al13ns » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:44 pm

haiyah still need to go for an interview...what should i say for the purpose of visit ? and photo with bucket ON and OFF ? :lol:
ImageImageImage

dranoel
Site Admin

Post by dranoel » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:49 pm

al13ns wrote:...and photo with bucket ON and OFF ? :lol:
depends whether you are planning to fly there using your own jet pack... :lol:

icemann

drooooool...

Post by icemann » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:43 pm

nuff droooled.... :lol:
this boy is dangerous
i choose to be happy

paphious

Where do I sign up?

Post by paphious » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:53 pm

I scrolled down but cant see anyplace to sign up.

Ok - nuff said - sign me up!!

Also - I can help out if you like.

regards :wink:
TK 8898 aka Fruitcake
GPR (Girl Procurement Relations)
Singapore Garrison
Soon To Be Clone Commander Bly

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:57 pm

So far I think there's only a place to sign up for their Mailing List or booking of Booth. :(

Ugh! Wish I win a Lottery soon......

Paul K
Site Admin

Post by Paul K » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:27 am

Haldir wrote:Ugh! Wish I win a Lottery soon......
Yeah, not cheap to go.
Paul Khoo

Site Administrator

yen

Post by yen » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:46 am

Am going to buy my TK number. May the force be with me.

Return to “Gatherings and Events”