SEJA Knighting Ceremony

Keeping in touch with fellow Star Wars and SciFi Fans !

Moderators: hbng, danchia

Jedi Healer

Post by Jedi Healer » Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:57 pm

Ahh... Speculate ahead then! I shall not stop you. My 'attendance' shall be a '?' until the very day. See that's why I'm not putting myself down for anything... In fact, I myself don't even know... It all depends on my whimsic mood at that particular moment. *grins*
All that is gold does not glitter
Not all who wander are lost
The old that is strong does not wither
Deep roots are not reached by the frost

Faiz

Post by Faiz » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:13 am

she will, she'll be our videographer for the day, there'll be another, but i'm not 100% sure if he'll turn up or not.

speech? hm, ok, i guess i could make a speech.

as for how the thing will go, there will probably be no march, as i think there needs to be a permit for that and there's no time to apply for one this late already. we're gonna have to find somewhere to dress up and get there. we're still working out that little kink.

there would be a total of around 16 costumers, if i got the number right. we'll work out how many rows of how many columns of costumers per side on the day itself perhaps.

the initial meeting itself will be 4pm at city hall mrt. once everyone's consolidated we'll change somewhere and form up over at the memorial park. would an hr be enough for everyone to change into their costumes?

hopefully, we can get the ceremony started by 5pm, and IF everything goes to plan, it'll end around 5.30pm, inclusive of speech haha.

so rough outline of the actual ceremony would be

1600 meet up at city hall mrt
1615 start changing into costume
1700 everyone to be at the war memorial by this time and we will arrange the costumers into the parade based on what costumes everyone is wearing. start ceremony, those getting promoted will walk forth between the 2 formed up parade and stand below the steps. Speech by, uh, me.
1705-1710 initiation of Ben as Padawan, followed by promotion to Master for Assjedi, followed by promotion to Knight for Yazid and Annas,
1715 end of promotion, introduction of every single member of SEJA for those who may not know everyone.
1720 Presentation of tokens of appreciation to the 3 major groups involved in making this event possible
1730-1800 end of ceremony and break off.

most of us will be having dinner around 1900 as the muslims will be breaking fast during that time as well, and after which there will be a LAN gaming session over at IRC Peninsula. everyone is welcome to have dinner together and for LAN gaming as well. Game played will most probably be the new WW2 RTS, Company Of Heroes, which i have to admit is a rather refreshing game admist the current FPS games like BF2 and RTS games like Warcraft3, DOTA and Battle For Middle Earth 2.

Faiz

Post by Faiz » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:18 am

Jedi Healer wrote:Ahh... Speculate ahead then! I shall not stop you. My 'attendance' shall be a '?' until the very day. See that's why I'm not putting myself down for anything... In fact, I myself don't even know... It all depends on my whimsic mood at that particular moment. *grins*
what? -.-"

GetzJedi

Post by GetzJedi » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:24 am

The management at Raffles City can be very touchy... We were stopped by the security when we joined the Salvation Army for Christmas Kettling in our costumes near the Starbucks... They expected prior approval from their management for our presence... Orchard Cineleisure also imposed the same stand when we parked my vehicle there and changed in the carpark for a troop elsewhere...

For those who are driving... I'd recommend wearing your undersuit in advanced and wearing your armour in the open at the memorial... I'll be doing that...

Faiz - I'll be on night shift and will have to leave at 6 pm sharp.
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

assjedi

Post by assjedi » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:36 am

GetzJedi wrote:Faiz - I'll be on night shift and will have to leave at 6 pm sharp.
no worries des.
glad you could attend.

thks
"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
"I'm not a Jedi. I'm just a man with a lightsaber... and a few questions.."
http://www.fightsaber.com/

Faiz

Post by Faiz » Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:03 am

no prob des. any suggestions of changing places? the onli few places i can think of would either be the toilets at suntec, esplanade and city link if the need arises.

and thanks for your support and attendence des ^^

GetzJedi

Post by GetzJedi » Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:16 am

No prob, Faiz... You SEJA guys had been supportive of the CSC roadshows... But apologies that a number of the 501st troopers couldn't make it for this one...
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

Faiz

Post by Faiz » Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:17 am

hei no worries. i rather have some than non turn up at all, haha

assjedi

Post by assjedi » Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:23 am

ditto faiz

as long as there are costumers.
=D
"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."

Jedi Healer

Post by Jedi Healer » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:43 am

Bah. Thanks Faiz, you just ruined everythingggg!!! LOL! *grumbles* There goes my illusion of mystery.
All that is gold does not glitter
Not all who wander are lost
The old that is strong does not wither
Deep roots are not reached by the frost

assjedi

Post by assjedi » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:50 am

whaha!
sue... i am the master of Mind Tricks

dont believe ask Mike

Paul K
Site Admin

Post by Paul K » Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:37 pm

Hi Guys, Jar just called in and apparently there is some construction going on at or near the memorial. You guys might want to have back-up plans or rece the site and see for yourselves.

assjedi

Post by assjedi » Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:59 pm

noted

we actually recced the area before.
and concluded that the construction wont be affecting us as its around the park itself not the memorial

so anymore ppl who wants to be part of this event?

Paul K
Site Admin

Post by Paul K » Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:40 am

I'll be there on behalf of the admin team and starwars.sg. See you at the memorial.

Faiz

Post by Faiz » Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:12 pm

thank you paul. will be nice to see u there.

Return to “Gatherings and Events”