Star Wars Monopoly

Keeping in touch with fellow Star Wars and SciFi Fans !

Moderators: hbng, danchia

Dr EMH

Star Wars Monopoly

Post by Dr EMH » Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:21 pm

How much is this Star Wars Monopoly set?

May the Force Live Long & Prosper ...

dranoel
Site Admin

Post by dranoel » Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:52 pm

Can't be sure, but seem to recall it being around $70

... but beware of some enterprising cloned sets selling at pasar malams for about $16 :wink:

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:55 pm

Dranoel wrote:... but beware of some enterprising cloned sets selling at pasar malams for about $16 :wink:
Even cheaper, the one I saw at pasar malam selling at $12 only :lol: ... identical packaging and shrink-wrapped. :shock:

Jar

Post by Jar » Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:04 pm

Hey, I think I got that, Bday present from my friends at the office, oboy
now I know they are cheapo, gonna get them next time round, still in packaging dont know the price will ask them later though. :x :x
"Fear. Fear attracts the fearful... the strong... the weak... the innocent... the corrupt. Fear is my ally."

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:52 pm

Jar wrote:... oboy now I know they are cheapo, gonna get them next time round ...
simple, next time their bday, u can also go to pasar malam, and buy those cheapo monopoly sets for them lor, hehe :lol: (there are Disney Monopoly, SW Monopoly, and many others, some as cheap as $9.90 only!)

masterjamous

Post by masterjamous » Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:14 pm

I too saw some like this selling for $15/=.
Of course this is the pirate version. Very likely the tokens would be plastic instead of pewter.
ImageImageImage

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:10 pm

According to SW Monopoly guide, there are some optional game rules ...

If you roll double, u can either roll again or choose the following:

Double 1: Jump to hyperspace! Move your token to any pace

Double 2: Jedi mind trick. Collect 200 Republic Credits from the bank.

Double 3: Blockade. Collect 50 Republic Credits from every player.

Doubel 4: Use the Force. Draw a Jedi card.

Double 5: Use the Force. Draw a Sith card.

Double 6: Attack to control another player's property. The player who follows the dark side of the Force rolls the Red dice and player who follows the good side of the Force rolls the Blue dice. If both players follow the same side of the Force, then the attacker rolls the Red dice and the Defender rolls the Blue dice. The player who rolls the higher number takes (or keeps) control of the property. In the event of a tie, both players re-roll their dices. Note: You cannot challenge for a property if a plaer owns all of the properties in that color group.

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:44 am

At a pasar malam near my place, I saw the set selling for $15.90. Did not get it. The pokemon ones are around 12.00+.
Find, fix, finish

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:43 pm

masterjamous wrote:I too saw some like this selling for $15/=.
Of course this is the pirate version. Very likely the tokens would be plastic instead of pewter.
u are right, the tokens for players, houses and hotels are all plastic instead of pewter. The paper quality for money, title deeds, chance card are like photocopy one. But the packaging is good.

Jar

Post by Jar » Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:11 pm

Dr EMH wrote:
masterjamous wrote:I too saw some like this selling for $15/=.
u are right, the tokens for players, houses and hotels are all plastic instead of pewter. The paper quality for money, title deeds, chance card are like photocopy one. But the packaging is good.
You are right, DR E, its definitely Plastic, just had to open it to look see
whether its Pewter or Plastic, light as a feather. Urrgggh :evil: :evil:
"Fear. Fear attracts the fearful... the strong... the weak... the innocent... the corrupt. Fear is my ally."

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:41 pm

well, the TRU one is $70, the Pasar Malam one is $12 ... what u pay is what u get lor ... hehe :lol:

anyway, i reckon the cheapo is ok if u just want to play the game; but if u are SW collector, then u shld buy the original boxset.

Paul K
Site Admin

Post by Paul K » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:18 am

I was just thinking about getting the set as it has been ages since I last played Monopoly. Does anyone know if ToysRus still carries the set? Are there other versions besides the SAGA edition? Thanks

erase

Post by erase » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:49 am

Paul K wrote:I was just thinking about getting the set as it has been ages since I last played Monopoly. Does anyone know if ToysRus still carries the set? Are there other versions besides the SAGA edition? Thanks
hey paul, remember the other time at Don place..all of us stay through until 3am just to finished playing the monopoly...Yes the token is pewter...got it last christmas from my wifey...

U one to check out...then wait for the next round when the MODs meet...then we trash things out again...It was really fun...or I can bring over to your place ...how?
TD/SL-5125 501st SIN Garrison
MEPD Deployed/327th Star Corps
Let me see your identification...

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:16 am

I was playing the SW monopoly just last week with my kid and spouse ... my most expensive lot Coruscant Senate (equivalent to Broadway lot) was "hostile takeover" by my kid when he throw a Double 6 (Attack to control another player's property) ... and I lose the game. :(

The Power of Dark Side ... The Power of Double Six ... :roll:

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:31 pm

Dr EMH wrote:I was playing the SW monopoly just last week with my kid and spouse ... my most expensive lot Coruscant Senate (equivalent to Broadway lot) was "hostile takeover" by my kid when he throw a Double 6 (Attack to control another player's property) ... and I lose the game. :(

The Power of Dark Side ... The Power of Double Six ... :roll:
You are lucky it is just a only hostile takeover, not a termination of the player.
:lol:
Find, fix, finish

Return to “Gatherings and Events”