Second Starwars.sg Publicity Roadshow

Keeping in touch with fellow Star Wars and SciFi Fans !

Moderators: hbng, danchia

GetzJedi

Second Starwars.sg Publicity Roadshow

Post by GetzJedi » Mon May 22, 2006 4:03 am

We'll be back at China Square Central for our second roadshow cum charity sale on 11 June 2006 from 10 am to 5 pm. It'll coincide with a collectibles fair at the flea market, and the organizer had requested for us to play star wars soundtrack throughout the event... so let's show up in great numbers and give it a strong Star Wars feel, Costumers!!

Venue
China Square Central
Outside #02-06
18 Cross Street
S(048423)

Map of China Square Central

Members, who wish to contribute their collectibles for the charity sale, are welcomed to do so. However, it is preferred that the contributors be present to assist in the sale as well, and to collect back their unsold items.

The Force be with you! 8)
Last edited by GetzJedi on Mon May 22, 2006 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

GetzJedi

Post by GetzJedi » Mon May 22, 2006 4:07 am

Members who are showing up in costume or willing to help out at the booth, please place your nick here and the duration that you are staying for... Please do not list you name here if you are simply popping by...

Costumers
1. GetzJedi - TIE Fighter Pilot (10 am to 5 pm)

Booth Babes & Hunks
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

Awwee

Post by Awwee » Mon May 22, 2006 8:25 am

Members who are showing up in costume or willing to help out at the booth, please place your nick here and the duration that you are staying for... Please do not list you name here if you are simply popping by...

Costumers
2. Aw - TK/TI (10 am to 5 pm)

Booth Babes & Hunks
MEPD Police Officer
DS-809 Vampire 4 Omegawing
TI/TK/TD-9809 501st Singapore Garrison
Time the Dirty Boyz play....

renzaijh

Post by renzaijh » Mon May 22, 2006 9:16 am

Costumers
3. Renzaijh - TI/ID/RFT (10am to 5pm)

Booth Babes & Hunks

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Mon May 22, 2006 11:00 am

Costumers
4. Haldir - TI/RL/JK (11am to 6pm)

Booth Babes & Hunks

Can the Music Player play .mp3 etc files download from online that had been burn on CD-R? Instead of all the musics from all 6 movies, while not we slip in some "regular" SW Parody Songs like "Star Wars Catina" or "The Saga Begins" here and there? :D

renzaijh

Post by renzaijh » Mon May 22, 2006 2:07 pm

Whatever it is, don't play the Ewok track and Star Wars disco. :wink:

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Mon May 22, 2006 3:41 pm

Haldir wrote:

Can the Music Player play .mp3 etc files download from online that had been burn on CD-R? Instead of all the musics from all 6 movies, while not we slip in some "regular" SW Parody Songs like "Star Wars Catina" or "The Saga Begins" here and there? :D
I actually have my own selection of my own favourites from all 6 movies to be stored in a 256Mb SD memory card. This could be inserted into a MP3 player connected to a reasonably powerful speaker to produce the desired effect. I have both mentiioned above as my selected favourites. I have mentioned my favorites in a different thread on this forum.

Just yesterday I was listening to the theme song from Munich composed by John Williams. Not bad too.
Find, fix, finish

Jedi_slayer

Post by Jedi_slayer » Mon May 22, 2006 11:38 pm

Haldir wrote:Costumers
5. Jedi_slayer (Sith)
6. Luther (Jedi padawan)

Booth Babes & Hunks
On my path to the dark side......
Star wars is a used Universe!

GenXstealth

Post by GenXstealth » Mon May 22, 2006 11:52 pm

Costumers

Booth Babes & Hunks
1. GenXstealth (afternoon, from 2.30pm)
"If you strike me down, I will be more powerful than you think!"

GetzJedi

Post by GetzJedi » Tue May 23, 2006 12:47 am

Costumers
5. Jedi_slayer (Sith) <- I thought its the padawan who changes sides? :shock:
6. Luther (Jedi padawan)

Booth Babes & Hunks
1. GenXstealth (2.30pm onwards)
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

donleow

Post by donleow » Tue May 23, 2006 8:18 am

to members and fans who are interested to help in this upcoming event pls see the following to ensure we have proper man power distribution and coverage :

1. only commit yourself to the event if you confirmed that you do not have other events or family commitment that clashes with the timing

2. Members who wants to man the stall need to at least commit up to 4hrs for manpower distribution needs. If you can commit less than this time, then just come down and support the team and we are equally appreciated.

3. if you have put your name on the help list, and couldnt make it, please notify us at least one week in advance...you can PM me or desmond aka GetzJedi.

4. For those who like to come as costumers, we do need a couple of Jedi so if you are interested, put your name in...

5. Can student help out in the event as some of you have asked me if members who are student can come and help...ya you are most welcome to join us...

6. For those who like to contribute their items for sales, please coordinate and PM me, desmond aka GetzJedi or danchia for a complete item to be sold.

7. All unsold donated items from members and public are to be collected by members themselves at the end of the day charity sales..( so for those who are considering, please include this clause in your decision making plan to arrange for bringing back).

8. For minders who are assisting the costumers, please ensure at all time the crowd from coming in close contact with the costumers to prevent accidents like pulling of mask, or hitting on their backpack...you have every rights to stop the person be it an adult or a children...

9. For members who are helping out the stall.. you will also have an additional responsibility to promote the fan club www.starwars.sg to the buyers or crowd.

10. To make the turnout more fun, we will rotate between minders and stall helpers at intervals of every hour so those who are at the stall can refresh their mind...

So do have fun with us while promoting the charity sales for a greater blessing cause to be a successful one.

thks
don

GetzJedi

Post by GetzJedi » Wed May 24, 2006 2:01 am

donleow wrote:6. For those who like to contribute their items for sales, please coordinate and PM me, desmond aka GetzJedi or danchia for a complete item to be sold.
At present, the sales shall be restricted to charity in nature and to cover the cost of renting the booth. In future, we might consider sharing the booth with members who wish to have their personal sales for a fraction of the booth rental cost.
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

GetzJedi

Post by GetzJedi » Wed May 24, 2006 2:03 am

donleow wrote:4. For those who like to come as costumers, we do need a couple of Jedi so if you are interested, put your name in...
May we have the pleasure of our sabre masters (SEJA) joining us for this round of roadshow?
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

Faiz

Post by Faiz » Thu May 25, 2006 2:51 am

the pleasure is all ours, but even if we were to attend, not all of us would have costumes to don.. haha.. =\

and if it was the same space as we saw the other day, there would not be space for a duel.

and we currently have bokkens(wooden swords) to fight with. unless someone is willing to lend their forcefx sabers... ._.

mandalorianBleahhh

Post by mandalorianBleahhh » Thu May 25, 2006 7:29 am

hmmm..i wonder if there is euff space to do a few forcefx saber demos?? sure can attract the crowd!
"In my books; Experience outranks everything"

Return to “Gatherings and Events”