SEJA

Keeping in touch with fellow Star Wars and SciFi Fans !

Moderators: hbng, danchia

Awwee

Post by Awwee » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:32 am

Fazi.. I am so happy for you... u managed not to fall down during your whole performance... my impression of you have changed.. hee hee.... :twisted:
MEPD Police Officer
DS-809 Vampire 4 Omegawing
TI/TK/TD-9809 501st Singapore Garrison
Time the Dirty Boyz play....

assjedi

Post by assjedi » Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:52 am

Awwee wrote:Fazi.. I am so happy for you... u managed not to fall down during your whole performance... my impression of you have changed.. hee hee.... :twisted:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

time and training does a whole lot to you
"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
"I'm not a Jedi. I'm just a man with a lightsaber... and a few questions.."
http://www.fightsaber.com/

JediJean

Post by JediJean » Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:41 pm

Jedi Healer wrote:
JediJean wrote: OK, feedback I've received previously... some say the purple lightsaber appears pink some times... if that is a concern for you, then stay clear of that particular lightsaber.
Apparently it appears blue as well. At times.
Well, pink or blue, it doesn't matter to me... I have no problems with both colours... LOL! :lol:
________
New mexico medical marijuana dispensary
Last edited by JediJean on Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:02 pm

Apart from preferences in term of type, if you want a FX that is light and easiest to twirl, then the FX ROTJ Luke is the one. ;) The Hilt is partially plastic and there is little "parts" between the hilt and the blade so easy to twirl around with your wrist. It's more slender hilt also make it a better choice for those with smaller palm. After I gotten my Maul Double, if I still got money to spare, I'll get this one for when I need a lighter FX to carry or "twirl" around during "Battle". :P

But in term of decorative durability, the paint job on the Hilt will eventually come off if used often. So instead of the Orangish Hilt, you will get a Silver one.

I got to know this from the many times fellow showhost and me kidnapped the FX Lightsabre from the Simply Toys during the Exhibition.

The Anakin one is second to Luke in term of ease of twirling IMHO. But if I remember correctly, it is also the one whose blade can get more easily "damaged" compared to the others if you spare often with it. Damage will be white rings along the blade where it doesn't light up any more.

Hey, if more people want to get FX, maybe we can start another bulk purchase from ST. :D

redandblue

Post by redandblue » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:02 pm

oooh.. a lightsaber wielding tie pilot :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Faiz

Post by Faiz » Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:05 am

Awwee wrote:Fazi.. I am so happy for you... u managed not to fall down during your whole performance... my impression of you have changed.. hee hee.... :twisted:
-.-" well that's coz there wasn't any dead female bounty hunters lying around that i might have forgotten about.. >_>

GenXstealth

Post by GenXstealth » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:53 am

Hello, anything new??
"If you strike me down, I will be more powerful than you think!"

JediJean

Post by JediJean » Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:57 pm

Thanks guyz... last nite was amazing!! :D

Hmmm... ok, don't get me wrong alright... I was referring to lightsaber training, and nothing else... glad to be able to take up something related to my interests and get some exercise out of it too... you guyz are right... it can really be a workout... I'm not aching yet... but I'm looking to do more in future... in the meantime, it's practice, practice, practice for this padawan learner... **JediJean looks forward to becoming the first ever female SEJAian**... COOL! 8)

OK, nowhere in the SW universe does it ever say that Padme didn't die, but instead went on to take up lightsaber skills... this must be a first!
LOL! :lol:
________
Wholesale vaporizers
Last edited by JediJean on Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mandalorianBleahhh

Post by mandalorianBleahhh » Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:10 pm

whens the next one!! i wanna learn more maul moves (if i am agile enufffff)
"In my books; Experience outranks everything"

Faiz

Post by Faiz » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:01 am

glad to be off some help there jean. get one of the bokkens, esp the shorter black ones(which is used for ninjado) if the longer brown ones are too long to practice at home with. i remember one of my mates whom i took kendo with at the same time. our first lesson, although not as intensive as those we took much later on, put a terrible ache and strain on our arms, esp the triceps. he didn't even have energy to even bring his arms up to scratch his face! not to mention he KOed once we got on the bus home, hahahaha. whatever i've taught u so far was just a fraction of what happens during a kendo training lesson. i just compressed almost everything theory i know about kendo and threw it at you, haha. i hope it wasn't too much. but in a normal kendo lesson, we have more physical practices, and once we're all experienced enough to wear the bogu(armour) sparring is almost nonstop during the 1.5hrs of training we have, 2 days a week. and even my kendo gi, which is very thick, is usually soaked with sweat. i could almost wring it all out into a bucket! sigh, i miss my kendo lessons so much..

jacen: well the next session, not very sure. might be tmr, might be friday, both or even sunday. i'll keep you posted. oh and if u have a staff that can emulate maul's saber, pls do bring it along, coz its not always we bring down out practice staff, unless we have a maul sequence to practice, as it's REALLY long, and unlike the maul fx where u can take it apart, we have problems carrying our staff around thru public transportation coz it's almost just as long. it's almost impossible to carry it on a mrt, much less a bus..

as of right now, i'm afraid i can't just accomodate anyone else who wants to drop by and learn something from us. it might sound biased, but we're only able to take those very few ppl whom we know and are close with personally as we have many sequences to come up with and practice and projects to work on.. so we won't be posting our training schedules anymore. those who i know personally may wish to sms me to enquire on our irregular trainings, so i can add you to the list of ppl to inform when there's a session.

my most sincerest apologises

assjedi

Post by assjedi » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:50 am

yah balls!

many-many sequences to come up with.
what with fan-film and all...

and to perfect the timing, the strikes and the blocks and the parries and the what-nots.
plus the recording of the sequences for archiving purposes.
"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."

mandalorianBleahhh

Post by mandalorianBleahhh » Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:59 am

ahhhh ......staff ....hard. to bring....argh...
"In my books; Experience outranks everything"

assjedi

Post by assjedi » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:48 pm

mandalorianBleahhh wrote:ahhhh ......staff ....hard. to bring....argh...
exactly!
hahaha!

darthyazid

Post by darthyazid » Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:11 am

I'm back! late... but better than never!
Allow me to introduce myself.

I am Padawan Yazid, the only member of SEJA cursed to be a padawan all his life because of his cute padawan-ish looks and his reluctancy to let go of his 'perfected' unorthodox technique named... Ran-Dom.

and yes ladies, since i'm still a padawan, the no love rule thingie doesnt apply to me. And yes, i can swear. And do many many things with my lightsaber... And did i mention i'm single :mrgreen:

[/b]
PARENTAL GUIDANCE IS ADVISED
YAZID IS LAME...VERY LAME

assjedi

Post by assjedi » Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:53 am

darthyazid wrote: 'perfected' unorthodox technique named... Ran-Dom.
lol!
you can't use that tecnique against the masters

Return to “Gatherings and Events”