SEJA

Keeping in touch with fellow Star Wars and SciFi Fans !

Moderators: hbng, danchia

Faiz

Post by Faiz » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:10 pm

well, fx isn't a requirement of being in seja, but then again we're not recruiting at the moment.

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:09 pm

You guys might be interested in this group whose member I recently met at the local LOTR Forum (TORC Singapore). ;)

http://www.phemas.com/

assjedi

Post by assjedi » Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:07 pm

oooooooooooooooh.....

no fair, they got a great place to train.
"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
"I'm not a Jedi. I'm just a man with a lightsaber... and a few questions.."
http://www.fightsaber.com/

Jedi Healer

Post by Jedi Healer » Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:42 pm

That's cool.
All that is gold does not glitter
Not all who wander are lost
The old that is strong does not wither
Deep roots are not reached by the frost

Faiz

Post by Faiz » Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:52 pm

wtf.

but these are martial artists, not swordplay choreographers. run by ang mohs. tsk. i'll add them to the list of swordsmanship that i wanna take after ns and have a stable career haha.

oh and check out this video i found on their website.

http://www.sydcomebak.com/csg/fox_news/fox_news.swf

after reading that medieval swordsmanship book mike lent me, i learnt that european swordsmanship is not dissimilar to japanese swordsmanship. whatever we see in the movies just screws it up. in that video infact, the drills they performed are very very similar to the Kendo(or even the older kenjutsu) katas i read and learnt about back then.

assjedi

Post by assjedi » Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:34 pm

Faiz wrote:wtf.

but these are martial artists, not swordplay choreographers. run by ang mohs. tsk.
faiz is saying that we are cooler.

hahaha!
"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."

Faiz

Post by Faiz » Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:57 pm

not really, for a while i thought it was another swordplay choreographing group that has been around before us.. but after finding out that they're martial artists rather than choreographers gave me some relief, coz i thought our market spoilt already haha.

assjedi

Post by assjedi » Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:16 am

Faiz wrote:not really, for a while i thought it was another swordplay choreographing group that has been around before us.. but after finding out that they're martial artists rather than choreographers gave me some relief, coz i thought our market spoilt already haha.
i knew that!
had the same thought when i first looked at it

Awwee

Post by Awwee » Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:12 pm

U guys are soooo cool at the COSFEST!!!! Keep up the good work!!! :twisted: I better start learning to climb stairs in my stormie!!!
hee hee
MEPD Police Officer
DS-809 Vampire 4 Omegawing
TI/TK/TD-9809 501st Singapore Garrison
Time the Dirty Boyz play....

assjedi

Post by assjedi » Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:53 pm

Awwee wrote:U guys are soooo cool at the COSFEST!!!! Keep up the good work!!! :twisted: I better start learning to climb stairs in my stormie!!!
hee hee
thanks!!!

and even if you tried and fail going up the stairs, you have your armour to protect you! hehe

Awwee

Post by Awwee » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:36 pm

okie.. I should be asking this question here...

Which one of the Force FX lightsaber is the best?
I mean some uses 4 batteries, some uses 6!!!
Wat is the difference between them and which one is the most worth it
if I just want to get one... exclude that 2metres long one..of course.. :twisted:
MEPD Police Officer
DS-809 Vampire 4 Omegawing
TI/TK/TD-9809 501st Singapore Garrison
Time the Dirty Boyz play....

JediJean

Post by JediJean » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:06 pm

For me, it was a matter of personal preference... I'm sentimental about my blue Luke ESB FX, because ESB was the first Star Wars movie I ever saw in the cinema, so my first impression about lightsabers is that they ought to be blue... ok that sounded a bit lame, but well, it's true... hehe! :)

As for why I ended up getting more than just that ONE FX... I wanted to get one of each colour... the blue Luke ESB would be the first, followed by the green Luke ROTJ (I would have chosen a Yoda FX instead, but MR doesn't make any Yoda FXs, so oh well...), the one and only purple FX, and my red one just HAD to be Darth Maul's ultimate weapon... hehheh! :twisted:

For me, it was most definitely a case of personal preference... which lightsaber-wielding character do you like most? Or which SW movie stood out the most in your mind, and which is your fave lightsaber in that movie? If batteries are your concern, then get the newer FXs... they make use of fewer batteries... but if you are more of an OT person like me, it doesn't really matter how many batteries is required to power up your fave FX, you'd willingly and lovingly spend on those batteries anyways, just to see that baby light up! :D

OK, feedback I've received previously... some say the purple lightsaber appears pink some times... if that is a concern for you, then stay clear of that particular lightsaber.

Hope that helps a little :)
________
HINDUISM ADVICE
Last edited by JediJean on Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jedi Healer

Post by Jedi Healer » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:12 pm

JediJean wrote: OK, feedback I've received previously... some say the purple lightsaber appears pink some times... if that is a concern for you, then stay clear of that particular lightsaber.
Apparently it appears blue as well. At times.
All that is gold does not glitter
Not all who wander are lost
The old that is strong does not wither
Deep roots are not reached by the frost

assjedi

Post by assjedi » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:15 pm

i'm glad to inform you guys that i did not die after being impaled by Darth Maul on sunday.

overnight bacta treatment and a little synthflesh did the job!

Faiz

Post by Faiz » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:29 pm

Awwee wrote:okie.. I should be asking this question here...

Which one of the Force FX lightsaber is the best?
I mean some uses 4 batteries, some uses 6!!!
Wat is the difference between them and which one is the most worth it
if I just want to get one... exclude that 2metres long one..of course.. :twisted:
from what i've been told, the newer ones that uses fewer batts are designed to turn off by itself after some time, but i'm not sure if when saber is idle or not. if it is, and if u need the saber to be on for a duration of a performance, maybe one should consider getting an older one, but then the newer ones are more ruggedly built. yazid's fx which was the first ever model, broke during practice for last year's cosfest. so i guess it'll depend on your preference. batt life vs durability.

Return to “Gatherings and Events”