SEJA

Keeping in touch with fellow Star Wars and SciFi Fans !

Moderators: hbng, danchia

assjedi

SEJA

Post by assjedi » Mon May 08, 2006 8:13 pm

i dont know if it's suitable for events but...

Unveiling,

SEJA's very own logo!!

credit to Kaerific

"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
"I'm not a Jedi. I'm just a man with a lightsaber... and a few questions.."
http://www.fightsaber.com/

GetzJedi

Post by GetzJedi » Tue May 09, 2006 1:05 am

Do post details of your training sessions here... I'm sure there's many out there who are eager to learn the art of lightsaber fights... :wink:
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

Faiz

Post by Faiz » Tue May 09, 2006 1:35 am

it's not just about lightsabers, we will be expanding into other different forms. and although our origins came from starwars and lightsabers, it is only in honour of our origins that we stuck to our group name(which started as a joke). we're taking slow steps to making it into something professional and all..

other forms i speak of would include, but not limited to, kendo, fencing, chinese style, european medieval swordplay, fillipino swordplay and such..

our training is somewhat irregular, held almost once a week during a weekend(if enough ppl attend), at, as our group name implies, the big empty space beneath esplanade, where dancers, jugglers, bladers and such practise their trade..

Jar

Post by Jar » Tue May 09, 2006 10:23 am

ONLY on Weekends, if weekdays may be able to go, as its just a walk way
from my office. :cry: :cry: :wink: :wink:

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Tue May 09, 2006 2:19 pm

Are costumes necessary? Would Hasbro lightsabers do?
Warning - viewer discretion advised

Faiz

Post by Faiz » Tue May 09, 2006 7:28 pm

well costumes aren't necessary, we train in whatever's comfy. singlets, tshirts, shorts, jeans, etc. and that saber will not do, as there are times when the sequences get really hard hitting and fast. even the wooden bokkens that we use for training are getting really worn out.. well it's hard to have weekday training as all of us are either in camp or in sch, and by the time, if any training at all, were to occur during week day, it would be around 8.30pm..

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Tue May 09, 2006 10:54 pm

GetzJedi wrote:Do post details of your training sessions here... I'm sure there's many out there who are eager to learn the art of lightsaber fights... :wink:
Did i miss out something? Tell me more about it!!! I want to learn and train!!!!!!!!!

Is it gonna be those sumurai swordfighting, chanbara etc and sort of?

Faiz

Post by Faiz » Wed May 10, 2006 12:32 am

well assjedi was right when he talks about SEJA as it's been around eversince epi3. what started as a lightsaber workshop to train aspiring actors/actresses for a local fanfilm, became far more than that. i can't really comment on whatever happened to that fanfilm tho, lol, not mine to talk about.. anyways after cheographing sequences and doing the sequences themselves at some events, word of our... ability has spread and now we're neck deep in fanfilms and events to cheorograph...

as for what goes in our training? well don't expect realism, as what we do is more towards theaterical swordplay, be it on the stage, or for films. yes we do have real martial background, but do not expect to learn the real thing that you can use to defend yourself irl..

chanbara... been a while since i heard that term. we don't have anyone specializing in that yet, but we'll work on that. i know ppl.. samurai fighting? the closest would be kendo. do not expect kenjutsu here..

and although our 'training' is open to public, it will onli be so for the time being. we're working towards becoming something more official and professional.. once it has become what i have envisioned, it will be closed to public sessions and such.. and archived sequences will become classified information, haha(trade secrets yah? heh)

Jar

Post by Jar » Wed May 10, 2006 9:44 am

Faiz wrote:and although our 'training' is open to public, it will onli be so for the time being. we're working towards becoming something more official and professional.. once it has become what i have envisioned, it will be closed to public sessions and such.. and archived sequences will become classified information, haha(trade secrets yah? heh)
What U saying is the training is only temporary until such time as u use them for official and professional means. Trade Secret must be Hush Hush
and would killed for it :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink: thanks for info, since evryone knows about it u have to silence us all.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol

assjedi

Post by assjedi » Wed May 10, 2006 6:39 pm

woohoo!

Master Hakama is here!

well yeah, what Faiz has been saying is true.
We do offer lightsaber battles but not limited to it.(Although it could be our specialty)

SEJA consists of 6 members(not official number).

Anyone is welcomed to join us for a tryout session and then maybe accepted permanently.

Or you could just watch. ;)
"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."

Faiz

Post by Faiz » Thu May 11, 2006 5:42 pm

what jar has said is correct.

we have a session tonight, anyone is free to come down. we'll be there from 8pm to around 11pm(to catch the last train/bus home of coz haha)

for those who still isn't sure where we train, it is the open area underground near esplanade. no not esplanade's carpark. if u come by city hall mrt, walk all the way to the adidas shop, from there turn right and after a couple of escalators, you'll be in that open area, you should see lots of jugglers, dancers and a few blokes try at playing legendary swordsmen.. haha.

assjedi

Post by assjedi » Thu May 11, 2006 5:59 pm

Faiz wrote: ...you should see lots of jugglers, dancers and a few blokes try at playing legendary swordsmen.. haha.
well not exactly a few blokes. just one.

and i quoted him

Faiz

Post by Faiz » Thu May 11, 2006 6:01 pm

ok fine. at least i make it look real. tsk

Jar

Post by Jar » Thu May 11, 2006 6:08 pm

Is there anyone there at this moment? Going back right now will go look at the performance. :wink: :wink:

Faiz

Post by Faiz » Thu May 11, 2006 6:11 pm

now? not yet. like i said, drop by around 8pm.

Return to “Gatherings and Events”