Suggestions for ANH 30th Anniversary Celebration

Keeping in touch with fellow Star Wars and SciFi Fans !

Moderators: hbng, danchia

GenXstealth

Post by GenXstealth » Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:31 am

Not to sure if we can u the preview louge at cathy cineleisure can be use for this event.
"If you strike me down, I will be more powerful than you think!"

Darsha Assant

Post by Darsha Assant » Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:57 pm

Good idea, but it would be more of a review than a preview, wouldn't it? :lol:

GetzJedi

Post by GetzJedi » Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:19 pm

Okay... Just some food for thought with regards to seeing the movies in the comfort of the cinemas... It'll mean booking one whole hall for the total duration of 6 movies... Can we afford it? And what are we going to do before and after the movies? :?: :?: :?:
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

GetzJedi

Post by GetzJedi » Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:20 pm

Okay... Just some food for thought with regards to seeing the movies in the comfort of the cinemas... It'll mean booking one whole hall for the total duration of 6 movies... Can we afford it? And what are we going to do before and after the movies? Any meal between the screenings? :?: :?: :?:
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

Jedi Healer

Post by Jedi Healer » Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:32 pm

Ooh a D&D would definitely force me to think about doing that Padme dress. Hmm, but D&Ds tend to be more on the expensive side, and there're lots of broke people. Students especially. *wisenod*

Still it would be something different from the norm...
All that is gold does not glitter
Not all who wander are lost
The old that is strong does not wither
Deep roots are not reached by the frost

hbng
Site Admin

Post by hbng » Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:03 am

Jedi Healer wrote:Ooh a D&D would definitely force me to think about doing that Padme dress. Hmm, but D&Ds tend to be more on the expensive side, and there're lots of broke people. Students especially. *wisenod*

Still it would be something different from the norm...
We could always do a fancy dress D&D where attendees must dress up as a charactor from Star Wars.....and no Dranoel, Star Wars Fan just don't count as a charactor

hbng
Site Admin

Post by hbng » Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:05 am

We could get hold of the caterer for Science Centre to prepare a SW theme'd dinner.

Dr EMH

Re: Suggestions for ANH 30th Anniversary Celebration

Post by Dr EMH » Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:32 am

donleow wrote:movie marathon is a bit tricky here cos we might need to pay for the re-release of the tape for the movie and again we might be charge huge sum for this purpose...
i agreed with don. private viewing at own home is one thing, but watching SW at public theatre, with or without payment, may be touchy with copyright ... just my 2 cents :roll:
May the Force Live Long & Prosper ...

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:30 am

First, the following decision need to be made:

1) Which approach to take?

a) If the intention is an opportunity to suit up like Star Wars characters, then it needs to be public in nature, then approaching a library or a community centre might be an approach since this cut down costs on renting a place and publicity is there. Having an air-cond environment will reduce the discomfort of the costumers. This approach is more for external than internal. I doubt approaching Science Centre is an idea since Star Wars exhibition is over.

b) if the suiting up is not important, then a close, get-to-know-each-other approach can be taken. In this case, some one here with access to condo facilities could help and everyone chip in to defray the costs. Where F&B is concern, I do not think catering although the easiest approach is a good idea because often you end up with insufficient food. Here we can show movies or whatever.

I believe the decision on which approach to take is important, then direct your energies in that direction.
Find, fix, finish

GetzJedi

Post by GetzJedi » Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:20 pm

I would want the hype to be a year-long thing for next year... And the D & D would be the mother of all activities... That's one of the reasons why we'll be having more publicities in the next few months to increase the fan base and have more people attend the dinner function to split costs further...
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

hbng
Site Admin

Post by hbng » Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:22 pm

GetzJedi wrote:I would want the hype to be a year-long thing for next year... And the D & D would be the mother of all activities... That's one of the reasons why we'll be having more publicities in the next few months to increase the fan base and have more people attend the dinner function to split costs further...
Setting aside the logistics and costs involved, I like the idea. What date are we looking at? May 2007?

GetzJedi

Post by GetzJedi » Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:28 pm

hbng wrote:Setting aside the logistics and costs involved, I like the idea. What date are we looking at? May 2007?
Tentatively, May would be significant. We'll need to discuss in greater detail...
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:29 pm

GetzJedi wrote:I would want the hype to be a year-long thing for next year... And the D & D would be the mother of all activities... That's one of the reasons why we'll be having more publicities in the next few months to increase the fan base and have more people attend the dinner function to split costs further...
How about some kind of tour? travel from one CC to another CC or travel from one library to another library?
Find, fix, finish

Awwee

Post by Awwee » Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:21 pm

library is nice.... :twisted:
MEPD Police Officer
DS-809 Vampire 4 Omegawing
TI/TK/TD-9809 501st Singapore Garrison
Time the Dirty Boyz play....

Kinoia

Post by Kinoia » Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:39 pm

yup,gd idea. can also promote this site. there may be some star wars fans who don't know abt this site,so maybe we can widen the range of members here and i'm sure it'll be a great treat for the public too.

Return to “Gatherings and Events”