Chingay 2008

Keeping in touch with fellow Star Wars and SciFi Fans !

Moderators: hbng, danchia

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:50 pm

Thank you so much Daniel for posting those. :wink:

Now am a little bit more confidence of the movements. :D

Okay, troopers, hope your stuffs are ready to go now. Me also packing them up now so that I can sleep in a bit more tomorrow morning......

Oh no! I can't find my ABS Polish! :shock:

renzaijh

Re: coool beans

Post by renzaijh » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:04 am

Just 1 action figure photographed at different angles/poses and replicated.

See you all in the afternoon.

:)
icemann wrote:my gawd.. coool.. finally.. the reason to collecting more than 1 trooper !
great job! thanks!

mosske

Post by mosske » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:20 am

Daniel, great job! Ok guys, just to reinforce what Tim said about being spot on during the march in. Let's show them what we can do!!! :)

Ok, remember to come early....the message went out, its 2:30pm at Peoples Association (9 Stadium Link Road). Pls do not be late as we're going to go thru the rehearsal again for everyone. There are some parts which we'll need to focus more on - particularly the marching in step (which we'll be using a whistle to call cadence) and the drill itself (as in starting, stopping, foot banging, turning, etc). I want this to be super 'kilat' guys! I know we can do this! Let's shock and awe Singapore!!! :)

Ok, a spot of bad news for those who haven't yet heard. We do not have any dinner provided for us for the 2 Chingay days. So pls eat a hearty lunch before you come if you plan on eating dinner only after Chingay. Or you can pack your own makan or grab something at the canteen before suiting up.
Btw, we'll need to start suiting up about 5pm. The bus will arrive about 5:45pm sharp to collect us to the holding area.

Also, a small reminder....I need everyone to go through their check-lists for yr costumes before you leave the house to PA. Try not to forget anything!
TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion

yen

Post by yen » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:40 am

Whistle blowers don't forget your whistle.

jabbaboy

Post by jabbaboy » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:16 pm

:D oh my gawd! this is soooo damn cool! ALL THE BEST GUYS and GALS!!!!!

Jar

Post by Jar » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:37 pm

Yup Yup all the best guys, gonna look out for you guys in marching when they pass suntec. Soooo Coool.
"Fear. Fear attracts the fearful... the strong... the weak... the innocent... the corrupt. Fear is my ally."

GetzJedi

Post by GetzJedi » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:30 am

Good show last evening, people! Though most of us are partially deaf now, we're ready for this evening...

Digging into my bowl of instant noodles now... The joy! The joy! :lol:
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

renzaijh

Post by renzaijh » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:04 am

Just did the laundry. Oh yes, and the noodles too. :lol:

donleow

Post by donleow » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:26 am

ah i think age is catching up lol ...now i have backache...thank you guys and everyone of u from troopers, sithlord, imperialofficers, bountyhunters and minders are a big contributor to this event...despite all the last minute changes so frequent like roti flipping yet all of u execute nice and well..

reminder, have your lunch and take a light snack as well...i try to get some buns for mobile makan if possible for all of u...i have fun and hope all of u are...

tks
don
TS 3132 ( curlyhair)
Singapore Garrison

Jar

Post by Jar » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:26 am

Hey guys, just notice that the imperial officers in front during the march should march together so the rest could follow, they were out of steps a couple of times,just my observation.
"Fear. Fear attracts the fearful... the strong... the weak... the innocent... the corrupt. Fear is my ally."

donleow

Post by donleow » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:32 am

hey jar thks for the advice...by the way this morning primetime news, there is a 2 sec showcase of us at the rehearsal of PA...
Last edited by donleow on Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
TS 3132 ( curlyhair)
Singapore Garrison

renzaijh

Post by renzaijh » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:54 am

I'm Imperial Officer Daniel. Please identify yourself, Jar. You mean the '1.5 km walk' or the march-in? Open for discussion at the conference room later. :)

Jar wrote:Hey guys, just notice that the imperial officers in front during the march should march together so the rest could follow, they were out of steps a couple of times,just my observation.

erase

Post by erase » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:51 am

Yeah True. . . which portion were you referring to that we are not marching in sequence??? We will only march in steps when we are in city hall either than that we are allowed to walk any how... :)
Jar wrote:Hey guys, just notice that the imperial officers in front during the march should march together so the rest could follow, they were out of steps a couple of times,just my observation.
Last edited by erase on Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
TD/SL-5125 501st SIN Garrison
MEPD Deployed/327th Star Corps
Let me see your identification...

GetzJedi

Post by GetzJedi » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:57 am

For those who missed the F1 performance...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkreXCdJ514

Can't do much along such a short stretch, I guess... :roll:
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

mosske

Post by mosske » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:28 am

Wow! Was so tired last night...after supper, I just knocked out totally! hahaha... Finally had proper sleep. The past few nights I know a few of us had been having dreams of Chingay...some good, some bad. Finally the stress is lifted and I think we did pretty well! Well done everyone! In spite of all the last minute changes thrown our way and the fact that we never got to rehearse on the actual location, I think we pulled it off pretty well and had a great time doing it too! :)

Let's do an even better job tonight! :D

Jar, thanks for the feedback. Could you let us know more detail of what you mean about the Officers? Was it during the opening ceremony or when we're behind the float during the actual parade procession? Because during the actual parade, we're not marching...only just walking and interacting with the spectators. We can take up the discussion later to improve before we move out.
TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion

Return to “Gatherings and Events”