Should have been ...

Moderators: adamteo, dranoel

jedi kai

Should have been ...

Post by jedi kai » Wed May 11, 2005 12:05 am

I think the 2nd installment of the prequel should have been named "The Rise of the Sith" instead.

Attack of the clones only came about towards the end of the show whereas, from the start, it was clear the various complex actions (eg. kidnapping of Anakin's mum) and events (fake separatist movement by Dooku as a diversion) were orchestrated by Palpatine.

Clones attack event at the end was a part of the whole scheme too.

feitonglong

Post by feitonglong » Thu May 12, 2005 12:07 am

many speculated the title to be clone wars or the sith strikes back etc ...

in the end, sacul surprised all with a b grade movie title hehe ... :lol:

jedi kai

Post by jedi kai » Sat May 14, 2005 12:00 pm

Yeah ... still after looking at the shows again, the 1st prequel does have the right title... only second one rather off the track...

Post by 2501 » Wed May 18, 2005 7:50 am

the worst SW movie ever

hbng
Site Admin

Post by hbng » Wed May 18, 2005 10:30 am

2501 wrote:the worst SW movie ever
No lah.....there's always the Holiday Special..... :twisted:

Lord_Angelus

Post by Lord_Angelus » Wed May 18, 2005 3:55 pm

2501 wrote:the worst SW movie ever
agreen with that

lewdini

Post by lewdini » Thu May 19, 2005 9:43 am

This movie isnt that bad. First time I watched it, I was amazed by the battle at the end. First time u see all the Jedi coming out and fighting. The clone wars blew my breathe away too.
3 3/4 Completist!

Darth Avenrair

Post by Darth Avenrair » Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:35 pm

Ep2 IS bad...slow-moving, talking and romance, too much romance. I know ep5 had Leia and Han romance, but this type Episode 2 is overdoing it. Mr Lucas should have gotten the director of ESB to make Ep2, maybe it would have turned out a lot differently....

However, ep2 has one saving grace, and that's the battle at the end where the Jedi all come together to fight.

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:49 pm

This is something that I don't get - why was it even called the Clone Wars in the first place? This is because the Clones were fighting on the same side as those who are calling it the Clone Wars. If you were not the one orchestrating the war, are in a position of defence and the clones are like your surprise back-up, why would you call it the Clone Wars? And in this present case where it is caused by the separatists, won't you simply call it the Civil War? Or the Trade Federation War? :? :? :?
Warning - viewer discretion advised

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:09 pm

Gandalf Fett wrote:This is something that I don't get - why was it even called the Clone Wars in the first place? This is because the Clones were fighting on the same side as those who are calling it the Clone Wars...
Good point. Perhaps Ep1 should be renamed as Droids Wars, for consistency ... hehe :lol:
May the Force Live Long & Prosper ...

Count Dooku

Post by Count Dooku » Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:37 pm

There is another funny thing. Obi-wan knows that Jango Fett is the source of all the clones, yet he is working for Count Dooku. Surely this suggests that the connection between the two is stronger than just a simple bounty hunter working for a client, yes?
As you can see, my Jedi powers are far beyond yours. Now, back down.

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:21 pm

Count Dooku wrote:There is another funny thing. Obi-wan knows that Jango Fett is the source of all the clones, yet he is working for Count Dooku. Surely this suggests that the connection between the two is stronger than just a simple bounty hunter working for a client, yes?
Yes , I agree .

Hmmm , do you get so many inconsistensies in the Star Trek universe ? There seems to be a lot in the Star Wars saga . :?

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:38 am

danchia wrote:Hmmm , do you get so many inconsistensies in the Star Trek universe ? ...
Plenty, countless ... from complex inconsistency in alien make-up (eg. Klingon appearance) to simple inconsistence in ranks on uniform (eg. for non-commissioned officers), etc etc.
May the Force Live Long & Prosper ...

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:19 pm

Hardly a fair comparison though cause Star Trek had like what? Star Trek, the Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, Voyager, Enterprise, the movies and god knows what else. Whereas SW has only 6 movies to keep track of.... :shock: :roll: :wink:
Warning - viewer discretion advised

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:47 pm

Gandalf Fett wrote:Hardly a fair comparison though cause Star Trek had like what? Star Trek, the Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, Voyager, Enterprise, the movies and god knows what else. Whereas SW has only 6 movies to keep track of.... :shock: :roll: :wink:
Not only that , the Star Trek series ( what's the plural of series ? ) and films had many, many writers working on them . Star Wars had only , erm, one ?

The corollary to that is that a whole team of writers can do a lot more research to check on continuity errors , but one writer may not have been able to think of everything , especially over a 20 year period . Does any of that make sense ?

Return to “Star Wars Episode 2 : Attack of the Clones”