Should have been ...

Moderators: adamteo, dranoel

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:16 pm

Well I do not keep track of the number of canon series etc. my friends does. There are 10 Star Trek movies and there are 5 series, TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY and ENT, each series has about 7 seasons, each seasons about 22 episodes so there are many possibilities for inconsistencies. In addition, there are the usual rivalries between head honchos who refuse to follow what others did before them. There have been attempts to explain the inconsistencies but often failed miserably.
Find, fix, finish

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:04 am

danchia wrote:The corollary to that is that a whole team of writers can do a lot more research to check on continuity errors , but one writer may not have been able to think of everything , especially over a 20 year period . Does any of that make sense ?
I can see it from your point of view but from a creative point of view, SW is one man's vision as opposed to ST, which had grown beyond that one man's vision and has a team of writers AND creators (I might add), each of whom would like to bring their own take to the table, working on a huge tale, to tell the tale and build on the foundations set up by Gene.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that I'm endorsing nor expressing any sentiment that 'inconsistencies in the Star Trek universe is alright but isn't in SW'.

I'm just saying that some of the current inconsistencies in SW could have been avoided if the Man could have respected the fans and his lore enough to pay just a tab more attention to it. The fact that 20 years have past should not be used to discount the inconsistencies as there were just 3 movies to begin with and in 97, he had the chance and did re-visit all 3 movies when he created the special editions.

What was this thread about again?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D
Warning - viewer discretion advised

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:27 pm

Yeah, I suppose so....

Take Babylon 5. 5 year arc. This is also one man's vision and it was extremely well done. Season 1 episodes connecting seamlessly with episodes from other seasons.
Find, fix, finish

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Sat Jul 02, 2005 10:11 pm

As some of u hav correctly pointed out, ST series are written by many different writers, producers, etc. over a long period of time even after the original creator is long gone - the late Gene Roddenberry.

To ensure consistency, paramount published ST Encyclopedia (written by 3 ST designers) to use as a canon guide for future writers/producers for compliance. There are 3 editions of ST Encyclopedia being published so far. Within the Encyclopedia, it's clearly stated that canon source only come from the movies and the TV series, exclude the novels as many are not endorsed by the producers in paramount.

I also bought a SW Encyclopedia ... but notice that they include many canon/non-canon source from third-party novel writers ... not sure whether these source are endorsed by GL or not.
May the Force Live Long & Prosper ...

JediJean

Post by JediJean » Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:51 pm

Darth Avenrair wrote:Ep2 IS bad...slow-moving, talking and romance, too much romance. I know ep5 had Leia and Han romance, but this type Episode 2 is overdoing it. Mr Lucas should have gotten the director of ESB to make Ep2, maybe it would have turned out a lot differently....

However, ep2 has one saving grace, and that's the battle at the end where the Jedi all come together to fight.
Actually, I rather liked AOTC... then again, perhaps it holds a lot of fond memories for me because it's the very first time I was ever in costume for a Star Wars movie.

As for the romantic scenes, the dialogue was rather cheesy, and perhaps the scriptwriter could have done a better job there... but in my opinion, those scenes were probably there to cater to the female demographic in the movie-going audience... it was soap opera done in space, and I have to admit that I did fall for those soppy scenes... I mean, I think I actually got a physical reaction watching Padme fall in love with Anakin... my heart started to race, and I got goosebumps... sigh!
________
Volcano vaporizers
Last edited by JediJean on Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AquaFire

Post by AquaFire » Mon May 28, 2007 10:58 pm

I agree that the name is off-track. And there's way too much romance in the movie, and is so cliche and predictable. The only reason why I keep renting the movie time after time is because I want to see the clone trooper with yellow markings fall out of the LAAT/i (on Geonosis, when Padme fell out of the larty). But George Lucas made up for it by giving us a spectacular show of an Ep. 3.
Ke nu jurkad sha Mando'ade, n'jurkad!
Watch my back and I'll watch yours, ner vod.
I'll do requests for clone signatures...

freefly

Post by freefly » Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:28 pm

Why not buy it :P? The Geonosis sequence is worth watching over and again.
Release the Good!

jayce77

Re: Should have been ...

Post by jayce77 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:06 am

jedi kai wrote:I think the 2nd installment of the prequel should have been named "The Rise of the Sith" instead.

Attack of the clones only came about towards the end of the show whereas, from the start, it was clear the various complex actions (eg. kidnapping of Anakin's mum) and events (fake separatist movement by Dooku as a diversion) were orchestrated by Palpatine.

Clones attack event at the end was a part of the whole scheme too.

I always loved the title 'Rise of the Empire'. But I'm sure many would argue with me that the Empire did'nt fully rise, so that would be a bad title for it.

Return to “Star Wars Episode 2 : Attack of the Clones”