dooku was telling obiwan the truth...

Moderators: adamteo, dranoel

feitonglong

dooku was telling obiwan the truth...

Post by feitonglong » Fri May 20, 2005 3:10 pm

if the jedi had heeded they might have stopped jedi purge? ... :o

sanjaystones

Post by sanjaystones » Sat May 21, 2005 7:02 pm

The Jedi were too arrogant. As Padme says in ROTS, this war represents a failure to listen.
"Are you threatening me, Master Jedi?"

jedi kai

Post by jedi kai » Sun May 22, 2005 1:33 am

sanjaystones wrote:The Jedi were too arrogant. As Padme says in ROTS, this war represents a failure to listen.
So true.

Arrogant plus the illusion of invincibility really screwed the Jedi.

Was surprised that with the knowledge, they didn't try to use the force to "feel" if Palpatine had any Dark force in him. Or could it be Palpatine was so good, he could mask his force from being detected?

sanjaystones

Post by sanjaystones » Mon May 23, 2005 11:42 pm

I think it was more a case of Palpatine being so powerful that he could mask his presence or else Yoda or Mace would have realised something when they were in the Chancellor's office.
"Are you threatening me, Master Jedi?"

hbng
Site Admin

Post by hbng » Tue May 24, 2005 12:25 am

sanjaystones wrote:I think it was more a case of Palpatine being so powerful that he could mask his presence or else Yoda or Mace would have realised something when they were in the Chancellor's office.
I think in ESB or ROTJ, Yoda did mention that they cannot "feel" the siths or dark side, or whatever.....someone correct me on this.....

Darth Avenrair

Post by Darth Avenrair » Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:31 pm

sanjaystones wrote:The Jedi were too arrogant. As Padme says in ROTS, this war represents a failure to listen.
Padme? No, No. Yoda says so himself when Yoda, Obi-wan and I think Mace Windu were discussing Anakin's behaviour. Obi-wan mentioned that Anakin is arrogant and Yoda agreed that arrogance was becoming a common trait even among the older Jedi. Actually Yoda himself was pretty arrogant seeing the way he talked to Darth Sidious during the duel in Ep3...

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:53 pm

hbng wrote:
sanjaystones wrote:I think it was more a case of Palpatine being so powerful that he could mask his presence or else Yoda or Mace would have realised something when they were in the Chancellor's office.
I think in ESB or ROTJ, Yoda did mention that they cannot "feel" the siths or dark side, or whatever.....someone correct me on this.....
Why can't you feel the dark side of the Force? You can feel the "Force is strong in this one" - why can't you feel the dark side of the Force? I actually think that they should have felt something regardless and especially if Sidious was so powerful and strong in the dark side, the jedi should have felt something. If Sidious could have covered it up, then the Jedi should have felt the absence of anything and then think about why they can't feel anything. Like Lando at the end of Ep VI, "you should be able to get some kind of reading whether the shields are up or down!?".
Warning - viewer discretion advised

e3lipse
Location: Clonetrooper Land - Where the clones troopers roam free

Post by e3lipse » Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:43 pm

i found alot of weaknesses in the council in rots
they may be good in aotc but.....
After all these years, I still love Clones
"Young one, don't tell me what to do."

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:17 am

Must be the long period where the Sith has been extinct. Led them to be really complacent.

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:29 pm

Sith has the ability to "cloud" the Jedi's thoughts ...
May the Force Live Long & Prosper ...

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:50 pm

Exactly! If they are "clouded" wouldn't they start to wonder why there is all this confusion? Where is the confusion coming from? Why is the confusion strongest when they are near Palpatine?

It's like getting a headache. Wouldn't you want to find out why there's a pain? Where the pain is coming from and what you can do to get the pain away?

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:18 pm

Gandalf Fett wrote:It's like getting a headache. Wouldn't you want to find out why there's a pain? Where the pain is coming from and what you can do to get the pain away?
When i hav a headache, i will just take a panadol ... i don't go all the way for a MRI scan to look for brain tumour each time i hav a headache ... hehe :lol:
May the Force Live Long & Prosper ...

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:16 pm

Dr EMH wrote:When i hav a headache, i will just take a panadol ... i don't go all the way for a MRI scan to look for brain tumour each time i hav a headache ... hehe :lol:
HA HA HA HA HA HA... but if you constantly have a headache? You may find that you will want to find out what's up right? Let's assume also that you have not had headaches before or that this is the first time in a very long time that you've suffered a headache? Don't you also want to find out if something is really wrong or perhaps you have a migrain or something?

Or did I choose a really bad analogy?

Me no ability to thinks now.... me no coffee today..... :|

Dan.... any "professional" thoughts?

freefly

Re: dooku was telling obiwan the truth...

Post by freefly » Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:36 pm

xjedi wrote:if the jedi had heeded they might have stopped jedi purge? ... :o
Nah. Palps is always 10 steps ahead of the Jedi. And besides, Palpatine was the one who instructed Dooku to reveal that Sidious was controlling the Senate.
Release the Good!

SoloFalcon

Post by SoloFalcon » Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:12 pm

Non-Canon -
In SW:X-Wing:
SSD Lusankya was secretly constructed beneath the towering skylines of Coruscant. This is the extent of Palpy's power to mask things. If he can mask a SSD, it would be simple for him to bluff the Jedi into not suspecting him.

In NJO, there are some Jedi that can masked their powers by simply not using them.

In one of the books, Luke was looking for force-users or those having force potential, if he probe their minds directly he might be able to detect. However Jedi is not known to probe another person with his/hers permission.
Trust me princess~

Return to “Star Wars Episode 2 : Attack of the Clones”