The Art of Star Wars is FINALLY ENDED ! Were you there ?

The mega event that came to our sunny island !

Moderators: erase, danchia

Jar

Post by Jar » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:57 am

aizihairin wrote:i was there on the 2nd n last day. can't believe that it's over. :cry: i have not seen enough! :x y? y must it end? :cry:
Simple, anyone wants to go to KOREA cause thats where the Exhibition is
going to after Singapore, hehehe.
:) :) :)

aco2099

Post by aco2099 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:32 pm

i didnt see enough either :( didnt have time to read all the text etc... sigh... hope they have another exhibition soon

Darsha Assant

Post by Darsha Assant » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:24 pm

Yesh! Another Exhibition. :P Anyone going Cos Fest BTW?

i_l_u

It's All Over

Post by i_l_u » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:27 pm

It's All Over....*Sniff*
I went to the exhibition 3 times and yet...I wish I could have gone down more....
Maybe I should have stayed a little longer (left at 5pm), might have been able to take a picture with the costumers or meet Dan again..

Anyway I was there with my friends on the last day and managed to take a buttload of pictures. 8)

Oh well, at least I still have the deluxe edition book, my pictures and priceless memories to savour.

Wish SSC would give us free banners & posters for keepsake

:cry:
Let's hound them non-stop :twisted: Maybe they'll give in.

Peace Out,
Ken

aco2099

Post by aco2099 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:35 pm

Darsha Assant wrote:Yesh! Another Exhibition. :P Anyone going Cos Fest BTW?
sorry but mind if i ask where and when is the cosfest?

Darsha Assant

Post by Darsha Assant » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:42 pm

Tentatively July...

I went 5 times :D

But I didn't buy the book. Eh. Now it's over will the leftovers be sold cheaper? :D

GetzJedi

Post by GetzJedi » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:33 pm

Darsha Assant wrote:But I didn't buy the book. Eh. Now it's over will the leftovers be sold cheaper? :D
The selling of the AOSW Exhibition Books is likely to continue in the gift shop of the Science Centre. As for Cosfest, we've already booked a table for promote this website and costuming, so... WE SHALL GATHER AGAIN!!! 8)
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:54 am

It's over! It's Done! And I DON'T WANT IT TO END!!!! :cry: :cry: Soooooooo many things was still not done and not sure if I'll ever have another chance. :cry:

Anyway, congrates to the last 2 Visitors. ;)

For everyone who had visited the Exhibition, a BIG THANK YOU! :D Hope you had enjoyed yourselves and gotten some of what you wanted to see.

MandalorianBleahhh, got any suspected "secret" warehouse in mind? :wink: Are you thinking what I am thinking? :wink:

StrikeEagle

Post by StrikeEagle » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:05 pm

Any idea if the SW exhibition will be back?

Last they were here, I mistaken the ending dates and was abroad the whole time.

Came home back, drove to SC the next day and no more SW!

B

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:47 pm

StrikeEagle wrote:Any idea if the SW exhibition will be back?

Last they were here, I mistaken the ending dates and was abroad the whole time.

Came home back, drove to SC the next day and no more SW!

B

Welcome to the forum, StrikeEagle :)

It's really too bad you missed the Star Wars Exhibition ... it was a really great one. My biggest thrill was seeing an original C3PO suit ... that somehow resonated the most with me ... oh, and the Star Destroyer of course.

Sadly, the exhibition did not do too well in terms of profit for the organisers, so frankly, I doubt we'll ever see another Star Wars exhibition here in Singapore in the future. :(

Hopefully you'll be able to catch one if one ever comes to our region again ... perhaps Australia ?

StrikeEagle

Post by StrikeEagle » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:58 am

Hello Dan,

Thanks for the welcome!

Shucks, the organisers not making enough money means I ain't gonna see SW here ever! :( I thought this is semi-government?

Yeah, I never get to see any SW prop in real before. Dunno how I will feel looking into the photoreceptors of Threepio and R2. Dunno how big the studio models are. How tall is Amidala or Chewbacca. I can go on and on!

Well, maybe if they come to somewhere nearer like Thailand. Sure confirmed can go but Australia...

Anyway, I did read with envy how you guys were enjoying yourselves there. Miss a great event seriously!

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:33 am

StrikeEagle wrote:Hello Dan,

Thanks for the welcome!

Shucks, the organisers not making enough money means I ain't gonna see SW here ever! :( I thought this is semi-government?

Yeah, I never get to see any SW prop in real before. Dunno how I will feel looking into the photoreceptors of Threepio and R2. Dunno how big the studio models are. How tall is Amidala or Chewbacca. I can go on and on!

Well, maybe if they come to somewhere nearer like Thailand. Sure confirmed can go but Australia...

Anyway, I did read with envy how you guys were enjoying yourselves there. Miss a great event seriously!

Aaargh, I feel your pain, my friend.

Well, don't lose hope .... you never know what might happen in future , right ? Hang in there ! :)

StrikeEagle

Post by StrikeEagle » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:19 pm

Heh, I hope!

Hey Dan, this forum always so quiet or its the festive?

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:02 pm

Well, I hope it's because of the festive season ... haha

Actually, I don't know .... I am guilty of not really being around at this forum of late too, because of heavy work commitments and other stuff. I'm guilty as charged and more. :oops:

I really am glad that you've joined us though ! :D

StrikeEagle

Post by StrikeEagle » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:46 pm

Hehheh, yeah, let's hope its the festive season. :lol:

I do know that a lot of people have went out station lately.

No worries, just asking coz looking at all the post out there. It looks really busy before I came in here. Its nice to be among local SW fans tho.

I am glad I join in. When the tv series comes out, I think there will be plenty of discuss and exchange again. :D

Return to “Star Wars Exhibition at the Singapore Science Centre”