Photos of sellers @ SSC Fans Xchange Bazaar

The mega event that came to our sunny island !

Moderators: erase, danchia

lhs1701
Posts: 638
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:05 pm
Location: Dantooine

Post by lhs1701 » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:09 am

SoloFalcon wrote:Do you fixed them up?
Yes I do, I will take a picture of them when I can find the time. I do not even know, how many I have. I had deliberately buy duplicates too.

User avatar
danchia
Site Admin
Posts: 915
Joined: Sun May 08, 2005 10:40 pm

Post by danchia » Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:18 pm

Hey everyone,

You guys deserve my heartfelt thanks for putting up such a great bazaar and for staying so cheerful even though the traffic was so bad .

I am in talks with Singapore Science Centre for another one soon, and will try to wrangle a better deal for all of you who participated in the first bazaar .

You guys were great, thanks for staying so cheerful and positive, and I'm glad you made a little money and had a nice time . I wanted badly to come the second day, but did not manage to due to some last minute thing .

I'll keep you updated about the next one , probably end February or early March.

PS: The Bazaar was actually publicised in the Straits Times on 13th January .... quite a large black and white advert featuring Yoda ... did any of you see it ? It was at least an eighth of the page ....

User avatar
e3lipse
Posts: 1314
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 9:02 pm
Location: Clonetrooper Land - Where the clones troopers roam free

Post by e3lipse » Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:43 pm

danchia wrote:Hey everyone,

You guys deserve my heartfelt thanks for putting up such a great bazaar and for staying so cheerful even though the traffic was so bad .

I am in talks with Singapore Science Centre for another one soon, and will try to wrangle a better deal for all of you who participated in the first bazaar .

You guys were great, thanks for staying so cheerful and positive, and I'm glad you made a little money and had a nice time . I wanted badly to come the second day, but did not manage to due to some last minute thing .

I'll keep you updated about the next one , probably end February or early March.

PS: The Bazaar was actually publicised in the Straits Times on 13th January .... quite a large black and white advert featuring Yoda ... did any of you see it ? It was at least an eighth of the page ....
Yeah but how many people actually read the newspaper adverts :P
After all these years, I still love Clones
"Young one, don't tell me what to do."

User avatar
GetzJedi
moderator
Posts: 3103
Joined: Sun May 22, 2005 1:19 am
Location: Singapore

Post by GetzJedi » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:46 pm

Seriously, I think SSC is wasting lotsa $$$ on newspaper ads... They should rope in costumers for road shows... Must pay the costumers, course... :wink:
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

User avatar
GetzJedi
moderator
Posts: 3103
Joined: Sun May 22, 2005 1:19 am
Location: Singapore

Post by GetzJedi » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:45 pm

Alamak!!! Just discovered that I sold my Clone Wars trading cards at less than half price!!! Heart pain... :cry:
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

User avatar
danchia
Site Admin
Posts: 915
Joined: Sun May 08, 2005 10:40 pm

Post by danchia » Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:23 pm

GetzJedi wrote:Alamak!!! Just discovered that I sold my Clone Wars trading cards at less than half price!!! Heart pain... :cry:

Oh no........ my heart pain for you too..... :(

User avatar
GetzJedi
moderator
Posts: 3103
Joined: Sun May 22, 2005 1:19 am
Location: Singapore

Post by GetzJedi » Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:04 am

Need the second bazaar to recoup loses liaoz... Think they should change the name of the event though... Cos no one is 'Xchanging' anything... :lol:
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

User avatar
dranoel
Site Admin
Posts: 2566
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 12:41 pm
Location: 501
Contact:

Post by dranoel » Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:55 am

GetzJedi wrote:Cos no one is 'Xchanging' anything... :lol:
"Xchanging"... :lol: $ for products

User avatar
Dr EMH
Posts: 712
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:44 am
Location: United Federation of Planets
Contact:

Post by Dr EMH » Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:46 am

GetzJedi wrote:Think they should change the name of the event though... Cos no one is 'Xchanging' anything... :lol:
yeah, let's change it to Pasar Malam ... hehe :lol:
May the Force Live Long & Prosper ...

User avatar
dranoel
Site Admin
Posts: 2566
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 12:41 pm
Location: 501
Contact:

Post by dranoel » Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:42 pm

In the newspaper Ad, they labelled it as the Mois Eisley Bazaar. I think that sounds ok, do you folks agree? :)

User avatar
GetzJedi
moderator
Posts: 3103
Joined: Sun May 22, 2005 1:19 am
Location: Singapore

Post by GetzJedi » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:04 pm

The only thing that 'sounded' wrong is highlighted in red... :roll:
Dranoel wrote:In the newspaper Ad, they labelled it as the Mois Eisley Bazaar. I think that sounds ok, do you folks agree? :)
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

User avatar
Dr EMH
Posts: 712
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:44 am
Location: United Federation of Planets
Contact:

Post by Dr EMH » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:43 pm

GetzJedi wrote:The only thing that 'sounded' wrong is highlighted in red... :roll:
Dranoel wrote:In the newspaper Ad, they labelled it as the Mois Eisley Bazaar. I think that sounds ok, do you folks agree? :)
:?:
May the Force Live Long & Prosper ...

User avatar
GetzJedi
moderator
Posts: 3103
Joined: Sun May 22, 2005 1:19 am
Location: Singapore

Post by GetzJedi » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:49 pm

Aiyah.... I trying to point out that the NEWSPAPER ADS are not drawing crowds to the exhibition... Utter waste of $$$... :roll:
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

User avatar
Dr EMH
Posts: 712
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:44 am
Location: United Federation of Planets
Contact:

Post by Dr EMH » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:49 am

it depends ... if it's an ads, then it costs $$$ ... but if it's a news reported by a journalist, then it's free marketing ... :roll:
May the Force Live Long & Prosper ...

User avatar
john_ng9
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 11:18 pm
Location: East Sg

Post by john_ng9 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:53 am

so what do u guys think its a better way of marketing or promoting the event? any suggestions for improvement?

Post Reply

Return to “Star Wars Exhibition at the Singapore Science Centre”