Photos of sellers @ SSC Fans Xchange Bazaar

The mega event that came to our sunny island !

Moderators: erase, danchia

User avatar
danchia
Site Admin
Posts: 915
Joined: Sun May 08, 2005 10:40 pm

Post by danchia » Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:18 pm

Check out our feature story about the bazaar at :

http://www.starwars.sg/index.php?option ... 6&Itemid=1

User avatar
e3lipse
Posts: 1314
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 9:02 pm
Location: Clonetrooper Land - Where the clones troopers roam free

Post by e3lipse » Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:01 am

cardz_house wrote:nice display of merchandise but not what i am looking for. trading cards anyone?
Trading cards? I got a few lying around the table in my card album or next to me is the lord of cards... his tables filled with cards. None other than getzjedi. Go check his stall out tomorrow (and not forgetting the others :P )
After all these years, I still love Clones
"Young one, don't tell me what to do."

User avatar
GetzJedi
moderator
Posts: 3096
Joined: Sun May 22, 2005 1:19 am
Location: Singapore

Post by GetzJedi » Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:19 am

cardz_house wrote:nice display of merchandise but not what i am looking for. trading cards anyone?
What did you think was on my tables? Family photos??? :roll:

I've got almost every series except the recent sets... :wink:
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

User avatar
cardz_house
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:08 pm
Location: Singapore

Post by cardz_house » Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:19 pm

Yep but I was under the impression that you had the CCG game cards which I am not interested. U have any other cards? Can give me list? I got these fabulous cards to trade.

1. Star Wars ROTS Widevision Michael Kingma 'Tarfful' Auto

Image

2. Star Wars ROTS Widevision Amy Allen 'Aayla Secura' Auto

Image

3. Star Wars ROTS Widevision Chrome Set

Image

User avatar
Jedi_slayer
Posts: 254
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:43 pm
Location: Kamino

Post by Jedi_slayer » Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:30 pm

Daniel and the rest of jedi council,
Thanks for organizing such a wonderful event. My house is less of fire hazards now. Most importantly, I have met some of fellow members and true Star wars fans. It was also a cheap family bonding activity for me.

Sooi Lian mentioned there is a possibility of having another Bazaar before the whole Exhibition is over. I will definitely support the 2nd one. Fellow stall owners what say you?

For the others, it was also a cash converting opportunity for you to get ride of your unwanted stuffs. Maybe I can look forward to build a Clone trooper armor if I participate in a couple of Bazaar more. :)

On the whole, it was exhausting but fun weekends.

User avatar
e3lipse
Posts: 1314
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 9:02 pm
Location: Clonetrooper Land - Where the clones troopers roam free

Post by e3lipse » Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:51 pm

Jedi_slayer wrote:Daniel and the rest of jedi council,
Thanks for organizing such a wonderful event. My house is less of fire hazards now. Most importantly, I have met some of fellow members and true Star wars fans. It was also a cheap family bonding activity for me.

Sooi Lian mentioned there is a possibility of having another Bazaar before the whole Exhibition is over. I will definitely support the 2nd one. Fellow stall owners what say you?

For the others, it was also a cash converting opportunity for you to get ride of your unwanted stuffs. Maybe I can look forward to build a Clone trooper armor if I participate in a couple of Bazaar more. :)

On the whole, it was exhausting but fun weekends.
Make it free and make it during a holiday
Great event. Poor crowd..but that cant be predicted .
After all these years, I still love Clones
"Young one, don't tell me what to do."

User avatar
john_ng9
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 11:18 pm
Location: East Sg

bazaar

Post by john_ng9 » Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:52 pm

i agree too, great event but it'll be better if there is a better crowd. overall its nice to meet new pple though. thanks to all who are involved in org the event.

User avatar
GetzJedi
moderator
Posts: 3096
Joined: Sun May 22, 2005 1:19 am
Location: Singapore

Post by GetzJedi » Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:47 pm

I definitely want IN for the next bazaar... My sales within 2 days had far exceeded the ones I had in Yahoo Auctions and I now got a better idea what fans are looking for...

But I gotta agree that the crowd numbers over this weekend is pathetic... Probably because there wasn't any publicity of the bazaar... On the other hand, I guess it was a good thing the bazaar wasn't publicized, cos the number of stalls was just as pathetic...
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

User avatar
GetzJedi
moderator
Posts: 3096
Joined: Sun May 22, 2005 1:19 am
Location: Singapore

Post by GetzJedi » Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:50 pm

cardz_house wrote:Yep but I was under the impression that you had the CCG game cards which I am not interested. U have any other cards? Can give me list? I got these fabulous cards to trade.
Let me ship in the ROTS sets first and we'll see if trades are possible then... I do need to complete some of the older sets... Not too keen to hunt down chase cards though...
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

lhs1701
Posts: 638
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:05 pm
Location: Dantooine

Post by lhs1701 » Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:34 am

My interest lies in Lego spaceships. I have a number of them but not all. I saw two I did not have at the Simply Toys shop but they do not sell them on their own. I do not like the large ones as they take up too much space.

Actually to make the bazaar livelier, there are ways but I did not want to suggest it earlier as these were suppose to be put up by fans. One way is to get the ones really into business and already have shops.

Business is by no means guaranteed. I wonder if the weather may have an effect. Holidays should be a better time.

User avatar
e3lipse
Posts: 1314
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 9:02 pm
Location: Clonetrooper Land - Where the clones troopers roam free

Post by e3lipse » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:44 pm

I had 2 for sales (consignment)
$10 and $25 . Way below retail :P
After all these years, I still love Clones
"Young one, don't tell me what to do."

User avatar
SoloFalcon
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:06 pm
Location: Western Singapore

Post by SoloFalcon » Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:16 pm

Do you fixed them up?
lhs1701 wrote:My interest lies in Lego spaceships. I have a number of them but not all. I saw two I did not have at the Simply Toys shop but they do not sell them on their own. I do not like the large ones as they take up too much space.

Actually to make the bazaar livelier, there are ways but I did not want to suggest it earlier as these were suppose to be put up by fans. One way is to get the ones really into business and already have shops.

Business is by no means guaranteed. I wonder if the weather may have an effect. Holidays should be a better time.
Trust me princess~

User avatar
Jedi_slayer
Posts: 254
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:43 pm
Location: Kamino

Post by Jedi_slayer » Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:18 pm

GetzJedi wrote:I definitely want IN for the next bazaar... My sales within 2 days had far exceeded the ones I had in Yahoo Auctions and I now got a better idea what fans are looking for...

But I gotta agree that the crowd numbers over this weekend is pathetic... Probably because there wasn't any publicity of the bazaar... On the other hand, I guess it was a good thing the bazaar wasn't publicized, cos the number of stalls was just as pathetic...
My evaluation of the crowd:
I learned not to underestimate the power of the younglings (Children). Quite powerful they were. They could influence the minds of the weak ones (who eh?) .

The Science Centre staffs made up bulk of my customers and some of them were repeated. Even a cleaner came and bought something from me. Sooi Lian's husband was my first customer and she was my last. :) Three cheers for all of them.

Price was top of my customers' consideration. Eg, a Titantium Gunship at $45 will be a "Wow" to most of them. However, there were some who were willing to spend $70 - 100 at one go.

My nick need to be changed after I 'kana' sliced 30% off my price by one skilled price slayer cum mother.

I also lost some deal because I do not have Credit card or NETS facilities.


On the whole, it was a good "cash converting" opportunity for me although I am not ready to make selling Star wars for living yet.

User avatar
e3lipse
Posts: 1314
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 9:02 pm
Location: Clonetrooper Land - Where the clones troopers roam free

Post by e3lipse » Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:58 pm

Jedi_Slayed? :P

I didn make much
Less than $160
After all these years, I still love Clones
"Young one, don't tell me what to do."

User avatar
GetzJedi
moderator
Posts: 3096
Joined: Sun May 22, 2005 1:19 am
Location: Singapore

Post by GetzJedi » Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:06 pm

Jedi_slayer wrote:The Science Centre staffs made up bulk of my customers and some of them were repeated.

My nick need to be changed after I 'kana' sliced 30% off my price by one skilled price slayer cum mother.
Haha... Pretty true about the staff... I think I know which mother you were referring to... But I didn't give in to her... She actually waited 20 minutes for my Crazy Price Reduction Sale to start, but wanted the prices to go even lower... That would have been INSANE!!! :lol:
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

Post Reply

Return to “Star Wars Exhibition at the Singapore Science Centre”