AOSW Exhibition Book (Deluxe Edition)

The mega event that came to our sunny island !

Moderators: erase, danchia

donleow

Post by donleow » Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:09 pm

so just to summarize after seeing so many posting on the last day event...

date and venue
1st /2nd april will required costumers to be appearing in an hr session each for morning and afternoon

for the bazzar - it will be held on both days too?

costumers present - reno team and desmond is compiling the former list that will be appearing

things that are not answered...
1.time n date for bazzar....
2. confirmed no of tables for the traders.
3. confirmed no of costumers appearing for the event
4. timeline for the appearance.
5. storage area for costumers.

let me know then if we missed anything out...team....

thks
don

renzaijh

Post by renzaijh » Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:08 pm

Don, I believe the 2 one-hour sessions of costuming on 1 and 2 April applies to Movie Mania (MM) appearances only and that other costumers (Fan-Force, etc) will only be appearing on 2 April (timing not restricted like MM's).

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:12 pm

renzaijh wrote:Don, I believe the 2 one-hour sessions of costuming on 1 and 2 April applies to Movie Mania (MM) appearances only and that other costumers (Fan-Force, etc) will only be appearing on 2 April (timing not restricted like MM's).
You are correct . :)

OK, let me answer some of the queries :

The Art of Star Wars Grand Finale Celebration bazaar will be on Saturday and Sunday , 1st and 2nd April 2006 .

The bazaar will run from 10.30am to 6 pm on both days .

So far, there are at least 7 tables taken up ... Traders include :

1. Desmond and Jean
2. Soo Cheow
3. Johnson
4. Starwars.sg - running a promotional table
5. Daniel - running a charity sale table in aid of Bethany Orphanage in Myanmar
6. Startrek.com.sg - running a promotional table
7. Moviemania - running a table with sales

There may be more taken up by now, but at last count yesterday, there were 7 confirmed tables.

Movie Mania will be sending costumers down to do 2 one-hour appearances per day over the 2 days.

The fanforce/starwars.sg costumers will be appearing on 2nd April 2006 and can come for the full day if you would like to. I am currently in negotiations with Singapore Science Centre to try to get you a room as a homebase on that day. No promises, but I am trying.

Any more questions ?

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:48 pm

danchia wrote:The fanforce/starwars.sg costumers will be appearing on 2nd April 2006 and can come for the full day if you would like to. I am currently in negotiations with Singapore Science Centre to try to get you a room as a homebase on that day. No promises, but I am trying.
We WILL be having a room to store our stuffs as Yu-Ann will be arranging for one as before.

All those costumers/cosplayers joining up on April 2nd, please refer to this thread
viewtopic.php?t=930
and submit your name by PM to GetzJedi ASAP. Thanks! :)

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:22 pm

Haldir wrote:
We WILL be having a room to store our stuffs as Yu-Ann will be arranging for one as before.

All those costumers/cosplayers joining up on April 2nd, please refer to this thread
viewtopic.php?t=930
and submit your name by PM to GetzJedi ASAP. Thanks! :)
Haldir, thanks for clarifying that you already have made prior arrangements with Yu-Ann for a room . I was asked by one of the costumers ( for the life of me now, I cannot remember who it is .... ) to try to arrange a room for you guys, so I was only trying to help out . :D

Glad to know that it's all been arranged, so I won't chase Science Centre for it .

Darsha Assant

Post by Darsha Assant » Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:16 pm

And for those who want the regular version, it's now sold at a lower price.
Couldn't find any copies today...

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:02 am

danchia wrote:
So far, there are at least 7 tables taken up ... Traders include :

1. Desmond and Jean
2. Soo Cheow
3. Johnson
4. Starwars.sg - running a promotional table
5. Daniel - running a charity sale table in aid of Bethany Orphanage in Myanmar
6. Startrek.com.sg - running a promotional table
7. Moviemania - running a table with sales

Hi folks ,

Due to some unforseen circumstances , I will not be running a charity sale table , so unless Singapore Science Centre has received some more table registrations since I last spoke to them, there are only 6 tables at the Bazaar at this time of writing.

For those who were looking forward to what I was planning to put on sale for charity , I apologise . It's a pity, because I was planning to bring down some rare and unusual items not commonly seen in most collections. Oh well. Maybe some other time.

By the way, I am writing this in my own personal capacity, and not as part of the starwars.sg team.

Cheers,

daniel

Rommie2k6

Post by Rommie2k6 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:55 am

Excellent! Deluxe-edition book is out. Quick question: Still got stock? Anyone knows on how many copies left?

Anyway I will be making a trip down to AoSW this weekend. Can I buy the book from there and use the 2 tickets to view the exhibits on the same day (i.e. do I need a ticket enter the place to buy the book)?

Also, the official information states that besides the 2 free tickets, the book comes bundled with 4 "collectible" tickets. I'm a bit puzzled here, the 4 "collectible" tickets are different from the 2 free tickets right?

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:10 pm

Rommie2k6 wrote:Excellent! Deluxe-edition book is out. Quick question: Still got stock? Anyone knows on how many copies left?

Anyway I will be making a trip down to AoSW this weekend. Can I buy the book from there and use the 2 tickets to view the exhibits on the same day (i.e. do I need a ticket enter the place to buy the book)?

Also, the official information states that besides the 2 free tickets, the book comes bundled with 4 "collectible" tickets. I'm a bit puzzled here, the 4 "collectible" tickets are different from the 2 free tickets right?
Hi Rommie ,

As far as I know, the deluxe book is still available, and yes, you can buy the book and use the two free tickets on the same day .

To reserve your copy of the book, I urge you to email Singapore Science Centre to set aside a copy for you, and to arrange for where you can collect it . The email address is :

specialevents@science.edu.sg

Alternatively , you can call them at 64252500 .

The two free tickets are for you to use to see the exhibition, whereas the 4 collectible tickets are presented as a collector's set . You can check out the full details plus photos of the whole set at :

http://www.starwars.sg/index.php?option ... 3&Itemid=1

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:47 pm

The last I checked this afternoon, around 30++ had been sold as 1 Booklet of Tickets had been given out (1 Book contained 50 Tickets I think so that means for 25 Books) and into the 2nd Booklet already.

Remember, the book cost SGD85, not SGD40 as some woman saw last Fri. :roll:

dranoel
Site Admin

Post by dranoel » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:54 pm

Haldir wrote:Remember, the book cost SGD85, not SGD40
For clarification, SGD85 will be the price to pay for the Deluxe Edition, but if you choose to buy just the book alone, the price is SGD40 :)

Post by 9 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:17 am

buy from where exactly? the ticketing counter at the ssc entrance? or the information counter at the Aosw side?

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:56 am

9 wrote:buy from where exactly? the ticketing counter at the ssc entrance? or the information counter at the Aosw side?
You have to be over at the Art of Star Wars side . Either ask at the ticketing counter, or enquire at the gift shop located next to the Simply Toys store.

Post by 9 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:23 pm

danchia wrote:
9 wrote:buy from where exactly? the ticketing counter at the ssc entrance? or the information counter at the Aosw side?
You have to be over at the Art of Star Wars side . Either ask at the ticketing counter, or enquire at the gift shop located next to the Simply Toys store.
Thanks!!! :D

Return to “Star Wars Exhibition at the Singapore Science Centre”