AOSW Exhibition Book (Deluxe Edition)

The mega event that came to our sunny island !

Moderators: erase, danchia

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:09 pm

Dr EMH wrote:Singapore Scalpers Centre ... :lol:

Again, nope . A scalper is someone who buys a collectible at retail price and resells it at grossly elevated prices .

You cannot say the same thing about the Deluxe edition of the Art of Star Wars book , because if what I heard is correct , the deluxe edition is definitely going to come with features that would make it worth its price .

That's why it's taking so long to be released . The people behind the design of the deluxe edition are really working hard to make it a collectible Singaporean fans can be proud of.

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:43 pm

oic... i'll reconsider abt that again. maybe i beg my parents for it. haha.

Nordic TS0842

Post by Nordic TS0842 » Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:48 am

Any news about this book? Do I have to buy some special entrance ticket to get copy of this deluxe edition book?
I'm coming to see the exhibition at end of february and do truly wish that book is on sale on that moment... :wink:
// 501st Legion Nordic Garrison \\
TS - ID - TK - TR 0842

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:18 am

Nordic TS0842 wrote:Any news about this book? Do I have to buy some special entrance ticket to get copy of this deluxe edition book?
I'm coming to see the exhibition at end of february and do truly wish that book is on sale on that moment... :wink:

Hi Nordic !

Welcome to the forum !

Here's the latest update. I spoke to the one who is designing the Deluxe edition just yesterday , and apparently , there are still some problems with the approval of the final design of the Deluxe edition.

I am hoping that it will definitely be ready by end February , but I tell you what, we will make arrangements for all our overseas visitors to order the book if it is not already available when you visit the exhibition, and I will get the Singapore Science Centre to mail it to you if they cannot get the edition out on time.

On Monday, I will try to talk to the official at Singapore Science Centre and get more information about the book's status , and will keep everyone here updated.

Best regards,

daniel

Nordic TS0842

Post by Nordic TS0842 » Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:58 pm

Daniel, thanks for reply. It would be indeed not funny if that book cannot buy during the exhibition. Anyway, I do look forward to see this exhibition. Already have visites AOSW on Barbican Centre, London and when that same TPM-era exhibition was on Helsinki, Finland I was quite many times on there. But hey, it was only 165 km from my home, now the exhibition is on other side of the world!

If I did understand, there was no limitations to take photos on exhibition? Normally flashlights are forbidden. Some exhibitions do ask special fee for photos. -It sucks.
// 501st Legion Nordic Garrison \\
TS - ID - TK - TR 0842

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:39 pm

Nordic TS0842 wrote:Daniel, thanks for reply. It would be indeed not funny if that book cannot buy during the exhibition. Anyway, I do look forward to see this exhibition. Already have visites AOSW on Barbican Centre, London and when that same TPM-era exhibition was on Helsinki, Finland I was quite many times on there. But hey, it was only 165 km from my home, now the exhibition is on other side of the world!

If I did understand, there was no limitations to take photos on exhibition? Normally flashlights are forbidden. Some exhibitions do ask special fee for photos. -It sucks.
Only 165 km away ? Wow... that's still far. Singapore is a tiny island only about 45km or so at its widest ! :shock:

Anyway, we look forward to your visiting us ! :)

Photography IS allowed . There is no special fee to pay, BUT we are not allowed to use FLASH or tripod photography, so bring a fast speed digital camera and I hope you have steady hands . :D

Commander_Salji

Post by Commander_Salji » Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:25 pm

BUMP! Hi Dan, any news about this book as yet?
TR/DZ/TK/TS 2870
Outpost Founding Member and CO Emeritus

Plo Strax-Avix

Post by Plo Strax-Avix » Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:19 pm

danchia wrote:Only 165 km away ? Wow... that's still far. Singapore is a tiny island only about 45km or so at its widest ! :shock:
Don't forget the Malaysian MySciFiFan Costume Contingent travelled more then 300 km from Kuala Lumpur by car to visit the AoSw exhibition. :wink:

Man if there's a SW or sci-fi expo/convention within 1000 km of where I am which is accessible by car, I will not hesitate to goto every single one of them! :D

Jedi Chard

Post by Jedi Chard » Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:24 am

Cool!

I know some SW fans from the Philippines visited as well.

Chard

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:13 pm

Bump! Heh Heh

Any news of the book? AOSW is going to end before long.
Find, fix, finish

Rommie2k6

Post by Rommie2k6 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:16 pm

Does anyone have any info on the Deluxe-version of the book? I'm going down to AoSW soon and hope to get one (if there any left)!

JediJean

Updates for the Deluxe Edition??

Post by JediJean » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:20 pm

Yeah, any updates on this Deluxe Edition??
________
Harley-Davidson Jd
Last edited by JediJean on Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:32 pm

Hi everyone,

I was afraid someone would point out the lack of information about this book. Sigh .

OK, here's what I do know .....

1. The Deluxe book will be released
2. The limited edition has been reduced to only 500 copies
3. It will be sold as a special premium in conjunction with the END of the exhibition , as a closing special .
4. It will be packaged with the 4 ticket designs

Apart from the above, that's all we have . We are still trying to get pictures of the deluxe packaging, but getting information out from Singapore Science Centre these days about AOSW is like trying to squeeze milk from a rock . They are busy with their NEXT exhibition.

Sigh....

GetzJedi

Post by GetzJedi » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:50 pm

danchia wrote:3. It will be sold as a special premium in conjunction with the END of the exhibition , as a closing special .
4. It will be packaged with the 4 ticket designs
END as in 3 April or last weekend as well? Good that it'll come with the tickets... Throw in the coin as well la... :lol:

Any indication of the price? Can reserve serial numbers?
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:56 pm

Sorry Dan. You know me. If I am interested in anything, I rarely give up. This one I am interested.
Find, fix, finish

Return to “Star Wars Exhibition at the Singapore Science Centre”