STARS FROM THE STAR WARS MOVIES

The mega event that came to our sunny island !

Moderators: erase, danchia

DAVID GUIVANT

STARS FROM THE STAR WARS MOVIES

Post by DAVID GUIVANT » Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:59 pm

There is a shop in Paris cllaed TOYSTAR which sells a lot of movie items and comics. That was mini convention over there, I think they do almost twice a year, this time it's 3 times a year.

Many actors came, see if you can recognize some of them without their make up and outfit?

JEDI THAT IS BLUE COLOR AND WAS KILLED IN EPISODE III

JEDI SHAAKTI that was killed in EPISODE III as well (Deleted scene)

A CERTAIN MUSICIAN

A FAMOUS WOOKIE

A TWILEK DANCER
If a single shop owner that sells toys can afford to make the STARS come for 1 day in Paris and sign autographs, I'm sure it would be great for the SCIENCE CENTER to have some actors from the SAGA. That would not cost very much at all :P

Cheers.

Dave :wink:
CAPTAIN FUTURE: COMING SOON !!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlJQnL4Bulk

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:05 am

I only recognise Peter Mayhew :(
Warning - viewer discretion advised

masterjamous

Post by masterjamous » Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:18 am

Perhaps it's a matter of economics; the SGD vs the EURO.
No prize for correct answer, unfortunately.
Money-No-Enough Syndrome, leh.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
ImageImageImage

DAVID GUIVANT

QUIZZ

Post by DAVID GUIVANT » Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:35 am

:o Well the first woman is JEDI AYLA SECURA, who was in EPISODE II and III, she was killed in PEISODE III when Palpatine issued the ORDER 66.

The guy holding the elephant is in Return of the Jedi as a blue elephant from the MAX REBO BAND.

The Twilek dancer was in Return of the Jedi as part of the Special edition and one of the dancers who gets to be next to LAAPTI NEK.

Cheers.

Dave :wink:

freefly

Post by freefly » Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:40 am

I recognised Amy Allen :D Anyway even if science center managed to get some actors over, I doubt they'll be able to get the main ones. (like how they tried to invite George & Rick). Then pple won't be interested. Or at least majority of them won't be.
Release the Good!

renzaijh

Post by renzaijh » Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:10 am

When I attended the F.A.C.T.S. convention in Belgium last October, actors Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca) and Jeremy Bulloch (Boba-Fett) and even that kid actor who played the young Boba were there. But it was 20 EURO per autograph and that was beyond my budget.

If these cult favourites SW actors are invited to Singapore and the same rules apply, then I don't think many would come forward to get an autograph. The cult phenomena isn't quite as 'happening' in Singapore as in the U.S. or Europe. Non hard-core SW fans may not be able to relate Jeremy Bulloch to Boba Fett because the actor was virtually unrecognisable.

If Mark Hamill or Carrie Fisher showed up, then it's a different story.

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:30 am

renzaijh wrote:If these cult favourites SW actors are invited to Singapore and the same rules apply, then I don't think many would come forward to get an autograph. The cult phenomena isn't quite as 'happening' in Singapore as in the U.S. or Europe. Non hard-core SW fans may not be able to relate Jeremy Bulloch to Boba Fett because the actor was virtually unrecognisable.
Man, that's just too bad cause most if not all times these pple would charge for their autographs. I paid US$20 for an auto from Ray Park before of course that was at the height of Episode I and I had no qualms about pulling out the dough for it then. But if there isn't any critical mass to justify same, then we will never see activities of such nature happening in Singapore (unless there's sponsorship like Neil Gaiman coming here).
Warning - viewer discretion advised

masterjamous

Post by masterjamous » Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:29 am

Gosh!!! You've gotta pay to get an autograph??? Oh My Stars! :shock: :shock: :shock:
ImageImageImage

DAVID GUIVANT

Post by DAVID GUIVANT » Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:18 am

masterjamous wrote:Gosh!!! You've gotta pay to get an autograph??? Oh My Stars! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Indeed mate, this is a business. 8)
That applies to every convention, I have only seen a few actors who never charge for autographs.

I think when you sign something you do it with your heart, charging someone makes it more commercial.

The Science Center has 20000 $ Budget for advertising the event.
I am sure they could call Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher to come.

Cheers.

Dave

freefly

Post by freefly » Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:28 am

DAVID GUIVANT wrote:The Science Center has 20000 $ Budget for advertising the event.
I am sure they could call Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher to come.
They had better. Or at least try to. Now if only they can get their priorities right & pump the $ into where it really counts.
Release the Good!

GetzJedi

Post by GetzJedi » Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:53 pm

freefly wrote:They had better. Or at least try to. Now if only they can get their priorities right & pump the $ into where it really counts.
Think they're satisfied with the President gracing the opening and costumers entertaining the visitors...
Last edited by GetzJedi on Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

DAVID GUIVANT

Post by DAVID GUIVANT » Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:22 am

freefly wrote:They had better. Or at least try to. Now if only they can get their priorities right & pump the $ into where it really counts.
Hope so, :( still got 3 months to go, each month could have a different extra event happening or a guest star? The actors from STAR WARS: David Prowse. Anthony Daniels, Kenny Baker, Warwick Davis....

Cheers.

Dave :P

renzaijh

Post by renzaijh » Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:56 am

each month could have a different extra event happening or a guest star? The actors from STAR WARS: David Prowse. Anthony Daniels, Kenny Baker, Warwick Davis....
I don't mean to sound like a wet blanket when I paint these scenarios:

Scenario A
Science Centre managed to invite David Prowse and a table is set up for him to sign autographs ($ required). An authentic Darth Vader costumer flanked by two stormtroopers show up as well. Photography is free. Who would the crowd flock to?

Scenario B
Science Centre managed to invite Kenny Baker. Like Prowse, he's given a table to sign autographs ($ required). At the same time, Science Centre also managed to liaise with the R2-D2 builders club to bring in a remote control 1:1 scale Artoo (with lights and sound) to roam the vicinity of the venue as a promo tool. Again, who would the crowd flock to?

At the end of the day, David Prowse and Kenny Baker would be left in the cold and that would be awkward. Elated children will trail behind the remote control R2-D2 like a scene from the The Pied Piper of Hamelin.

Between pleasing fan-boys and generating revenue, the choice seems clear.

GetzJedi

Post by GetzJedi » Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:20 pm

I fully agree with renzaijh... If the stars do show up, only 2 small groups of people would be truly elated... die hard fans and Ebay scalpers...
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

freefly

Post by freefly » Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:48 pm

Well they do have a fairly big sum of $20 000. Inviting maybe one star could'nt be that risky. And it would help generate more publicity. :D
Release the Good!

Return to “Star Wars Exhibition at the Singapore Science Centre”