Happy with the content of AOSW??

The mega event that came to our sunny island !

Moderators: erase, danchia

How would u grade the AOSW Exhibition On a scale of 1 - 5??

1 (Poor, wasted my money I could have used on a buffet spread)
9%
2 (Fair, should have waited for some one to pick me up to save on the fare)
4%
3 (Not bad, but could have had more stuff to see)
61%
4 (Great! But I will not go back for a second view)
4%
5 (Fantastic!!! I Will definately Go again and convince my Granny that The exhibition can bring her a new hobby!)
22%

Total votes: 23

freefly

Post by freefly » Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:29 am

Exactly. However, it's a haven for Jar Jar fans. :lol: What a shame really.
Release the Good!

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:28 pm

That having been said, I am however very glad that they had those FX Lightsabers on display for us to try. Pretty fell in love with them already
Warning - viewer discretion advised

DarthNobody

love it but...

Post by DarthNobody » Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:48 pm

the exhitbition was great man but hey i want to meet the creator...lucas...cast...whoever...i want to have a 1 on 1 duel... :D
stArwaRs mAkes thE wOrld gO wiLd...

exun

Post by exun » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:34 pm

In my point of view, the exhibits of original trilogy with EP1 & EP2 are a little sparse, but the universe of EP3 is impressive, mostly impressive!

I've went to the exhibitions of "STAR WARS: The Magic of Myth" in Sydney 2002 and "STAR WARS: Science and Art" in Tokyo 2004. The first one displayed a lot of original trilogy stuff, and some of EP1 & EP2. The second one displayed a lot of EP1 & EP2 stuff, and some of original trilogy. So, it is my last piece of puzzle to see the exhibition of "Art of Star Wars" in Singapore, and it's perfect to me. Especially I got many friends there!

Fairly speaking, the area is bigger than Sydney, and the rule (of photograph) is better than Tokyo - which means NO photograph allowed in Japan. Most important of all, you can see STAR WARS stuff in a center near you! (just like what the trailers always say) If you are a STAR WARS fan, it's the best and the only reason to go there! If there will be a STAR WARS exhibition held in Taiwan, no matter how small the scale is or how many times I've seen the same props, I will visit it, again and again!

Therefore, SW & Sci-Fi fans in Singapore, it’s time to take your shot and enjoy the journey!

May the Force be with you!

Sraye

Re: love it but...

Post by Sraye » Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:31 am

DarthNobody wrote:the exhitbition was great man but hey i want to meet the creator...lucas...cast...whoever...i want to have a 1 on 1 duel... :D
Haha, fight Nick Gillard (made a Cameo appearance in Ep III as Jedi Master Cin Drallig)... prepare to be owned by him... lol
"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi, at last we will have revenge."-Darth Maul
"Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... And we will have peace..."-Darth Sidious
"If you are not with me, you are my enemy."-Darth Vader

DAVID GUIVANT

Post by DAVID GUIVANT » Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:32 pm

Hi Mate,

There are indeed a lot more stuffs displayed in France than in Singapore.
The photos in the other thread proves it.

So far I also noticed not much advertising is done for the event after it's opening.

Cheers.

Dave
CAPTAIN FUTURE: COMING SOON !!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlJQnL4Bulk

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:41 am

DAVID GUIVANT wrote:So far I also noticed not much advertising is done for the event after it's opening.
No exactly. I do notice many ads banners along the road hanging on street lamp posts, as well as ads posters appeared at many bus stops islandwide. Also ads on TV occassionally.
May the Force Live Long & Prosper ...

masterjamous

Post by masterjamous » Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:17 am

Dr EMH wrote:
DAVID GUIVANT wrote:So far I also noticed not much advertising is done for the event after it's opening.
No exactly. I do notice many ads banners along the road hanging on street lamp posts, as well as ads posters appeared at many bus stops islandwide. Also ads on TV occassionally.
IMMHO, adverts are just adverts in their various forms: banners, flyers, TVCs, radio cmmercials = really short term, cold precision = just like a surgical procedure in a cold, cold anti-septic environment. After it's done in a short period, that's about as clean as it can get.

What's most important is COMMUNICATION. It's a big, big word. We're humans. And humans need to be talked to & ideas to be communicated across to a major section of the targetted audience, hopefully reaching the fringes of groups that might be interested but just waiting for the catalyst to spark that interest to action = visit the exhibition.
So the printed words of reporters/presenters are monumental = their reviews, their comments, their write ups to hype ups of the event = gets people [non-fans] really excited. TV spots of interviews of the important people involved in this project = passion transmitted to mass audience = check CNA = primetime morning, TV Mobile, Arts Central - hey its ART of Star Wars ain't it? Involve TV media to cover all special appearances at Sci Centre. HAving the book published's great but hey, but has all the relevant persons in the media received a free copy + promo materials + events line-up & schedule been mailed to them to check the content for a story angle?
Where's BBC, Ashahi Shimbun, STB, South China Morning, Mainland China's press, Taiwan's press etc? Were the relevant Embassies press dept sounded out? American, British, Australian, New Zealand......? Their nationals helped to materialize Star Wars right? And am sure they wanna be proud of it........

How about radio talk shows eg Morning Express on Class - wide reach to listeners - don't think I've heard any that's been extensively discussed.

To me it's big deal for tiny Spore to have won & host this exh in this part of the world. An opportunity not to be wasted now we've got it. We've could've been by-passed easily and this exh gone to Australia; just look at all the big live concert acts that had given us the miss with all the usual excuses.

Tell me about Singapore Inc. & Surprising Singapore & I tell you about the follow-ups of this AOSW Exh 2005-2006.
:lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :( :( :x :x :x :x :x :cry: :cry: :cry: :oops: :oops: :cry: :cry:
ImageImageImage

Darsha Assant

Post by Darsha Assant » Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:56 am

NO DARTH POTATO WAAAAAA

SoloFalcon

Post by SoloFalcon » Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:52 pm

Venetta did a chewbacca growl impression last Friday morning...
Trust me princess~

Curly

Post by Curly » Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:11 pm

i enjoyed it. pity they dun sell copies of th art work like that available at e online star wars shop

Return to “Star Wars Exhibition at the Singapore Science Centre”