Happy with the content of AOSW??

The mega event that came to our sunny island !

Moderators: erase, danchia

How would u grade the AOSW Exhibition On a scale of 1 - 5??

1 (Poor, wasted my money I could have used on a buffet spread)
9%
2 (Fair, should have waited for some one to pick me up to save on the fare)
4%
3 (Not bad, but could have had more stuff to see)
61%
4 (Great! But I will not go back for a second view)
4%
5 (Fantastic!!! I Will definately Go again and convince my Granny that The exhibition can bring her a new hobby!)
22%

Total votes: 23

mandalorianBleahhh

Happy with the content of AOSW??

Post by mandalorianBleahhh » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:34 pm

Honestly, Any one else feels that more could be seen??

NO trilogy stuff (even thou i not much of a trilogy fan...but hey!),
NO Jango Fett (SIN!)
NO Rebel Stuff (we wanna see what stuff they used too ya know)
NO 1:1 Xwings, Slave-1, TIE Fighters, Speeders

and loads....
"In my books; Experience outranks everything"

adamteo

Post by adamteo » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:39 pm

I like it but it could be better.....now looking at the Dressing A Galaxy Exhibition Photos from CA....way cool....luckily, me ordered the book liao..

Awwee

Post by Awwee » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:30 pm

After I look at wat the exhibitions in other countries had..... okie lah.. better than nothing....at least in singapore.. they had a death star gunner looking like a ninja turtle!!! other places dun have one...HAHA :twisted:
MEPD Police Officer
DS-809 Vampire 4 Omegawing
TI/TK/TD-9809 501st Singapore Garrison
Time the Dirty Boyz play....

Commander_Salji

Re: Happy with the content of AOSW??

Post by Commander_Salji » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:44 pm

mandalorianBleahhh wrote:NO Jango Fett (SIN!)

:roll:
What?! Your role model is missing from the AOSW Exhibition?
TR/DZ/TK/TS 2870
Outpost Founding Member and CO Emeritus

e3lipse
Location: Clonetrooper Land - Where the clones troopers roam free

Post by e3lipse » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:20 pm

I'd say more stuffs
Sure they can't put the clone marquettes but can't they put the art of designing them and making use of temurra morrision to CG them? Photos? :O
After all these years, I still love Clones
"Young one, don't tell me what to do."

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:07 am

One thing i must beg, bet u guys know before i say.....

CLONE TROOPERS! I WANT MORE CLONE TROOPERS!!!
I WANT CLONE COMMANDERS!!!
I WANT MORE CLONES!!! :lol:

hmm, the star destroyer thing, cant they put some lights at the bottom, and since they dun allow flash, can't the place put more lights please?

More shops selling SW stuff please!!!

More lightsabers please! I want to see a real count dooku lightsaber, i dun remember seeing it though, or maybe a darth maul one!

and i heard many many guys complaining from everywhere that they are disappointed coz they wanted to see "han solo carbonite and slave leia"...

but overall is fine! Love the exhibition, once in a lifetime experience for a teenager like me. :D

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:22 am

I'm grateful with the displays ... there is no way to display every items from the 6 movies and to please everyone.

I'm also grateful that the exhibition is held in S'pore ... otherwise it would be more than the entrance fee I will be paying, but also a return air-ticket + hotel accommodation ... 8)
May the Force Live Long & Prosper ...

SoloFalcon

Post by SoloFalcon » Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:49 am

Even though the exhibits are lacking from the other episodes, LucasArts or SSC could have done more to add to it... with the costumers, the exhibitions came to life... the volunteers could be more proactive... more merchandise eg T-shirts, caps etc to promote AOSW in Singapore... sort of like "I was here" thingie...

Make this exhibition successful and the others SW will rotate to come here...

One small step of SW kind, a large step towards SciFi kind~
Trust me princess~

danchia
Site Admin

Re: Happy with the content of AOSW??

Post by danchia » Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:05 am

mandalorianBleahhh wrote:Honestly, Any one else feels that more could be seen??

NO trilogy stuff (even thou i not much of a trilogy fan...but hey!)

NO trilogy stuff ?

Are you sure ? I remember the Stormtrooper suit, the tie fighter pilot suit, the Boba Fett suit , R2D2 , Jawa , C3PO , Millenium Falcon, Escape Pod and several other vehicles, and the ultimate exhibit of all , the Imperial Star Destroyer . In fact, I enjoyed the classic trilogy exhibits more than the prequel exhibits .

Are you sure you were at the same exhibition as myself , my friend ? LOL

Anyway, let me quote 2 posts from another thread which is relevent to this thread :
danchia wrote:Hi Jowster ,

Welcome to the message board, and thanks for your post. I understand your disappointment.

I interviewed Laela French during our live coverage of the events past 2 days and asked her about this particular exhibition.

She mentioned several things of interest which may explain things a little bit for us :

1. There are many different incarnations of Star Wars exhibitions travelling around the world over the past few years, including Magic and Myth , and the Smithsonian Star Wars exhibition.

2. All the artifacts are screen used or used as part of the production design process.... none are replicas , so if a hero object is being shown at one exhibition, there may not be another available to display in another exhibition.

3. There are currently 4 different Star Wars exhibitions touring this year. One in Boston, one in Paris, one in Los Angeles, and one in Singapore ( previously from Japan )

4. Different Star Wars exhibitions have different focuses , for example , the Boston exhibition focuses on robotics and the science of Star Wars, so there are many of the vehicles and droids etc being exhibited there. The Los Angeles exhibition is for a fashion institute, so there are only costumes being displayed there, nothing else. Here in Singapore, the exhibition is called the Art of Star Wars , hence you will notice there is a preponderance of posters, original artwork and production designs. Some of these artwork and design and concept plans date back to the original Star Wars in 1977, and are extremely rare.

4. The Art of Star Wars that toured Japan and is now in Singapore is the LARGEST Star Wars exhibition so far , with 275 exhibits. The Magic and Myth exhibition only had 200 exhibits, and the Los Angeles fashion exhibition only has 112 exhibits. If I am not mistaken, the Boston one only has 100 exhibits . However, most of the exhibits at the Art of Star Wars are artwork and framed pieces, which is why the exhibition area looks so sparse .

5. The Singapore Science Centre dedicated TWICE the floor space to the Art of Star Wars compared to last year's LOTR exhibition, which also resulted in the exhibition area looking extremely sparse.

7. There was also an emphasis on EPIII artifacts, because of the recent release of the final film in the saga , and Singapore is one of the first places in the world to exhibit these artifacts. Even though the exhibition toured 10 cities in Japan , only the final few stops received the artifacts in time to exhibit them. Currently, the largest collection of EPIII artifacts in the world are being exhibited here in Singapore. Even the US and UK fans have not seen these artifacts.

7. As I know, all the exhibits have already arrived, so there are no more plans to bring in any more . I will confirm this with Singapore Science Centre over the next few days and update you on this .

I am also a fan of the original trilogy , having grown up in that era , so I share your disappointment that there are not more artifacts from those films , but hey , seeing the Imperial Star Destroyer made the entire exhibition worth while for me ! Did you bend down and look UNDER the prop ? The detail is amazing ! I thought the matt painting of the Death Star detail was also incredible ! Stand back and it looked 3 dimensional ! I always wondered how a matt painting could end up looking so real on film, and now I know. As for the EPIII artifacts, the detail on the large Utapuan sinkhole was mindblowing. I thought it was completely CGI in the film, but they actually created a real model in such amazing detail.

PLUS I think the admission price to the exhibition is probably the lowest in the world for a Star Wars exhibition. I thought it was really priced very reasonably for an exhibition of this calibre.

I hope you'll share more of your thoughts, jowster. Apart from your disappointment, was there anything you enjoyed in particular ?

Talk to you again soon....

daniel
Gandalf Fett wrote:I agree with Dan - this is the "ART" of Star Wars exhibition so for the rest of us who have been to or are expecting something that has been shown before, we need to be open to the fact that this is an exhibition in its own right and the many art pieces on display are truly works of art.

How often do you get to see in person the ORIGINAL art pieces done by RQ that helped GL propose SW to the Studio(s) in the first place?

Plus the ACTUAL matte paintings that were used in the movie and visuals that we have grown so accustomed to over the years?

Looking at all the details in these works are truly an eye opening experience.

I for one am not disappointed at all though I do agree that it appeared "sparse" but that's good cause it means you've got MORE SPACE!!!

Enjoy everyone!! An experience not to be missed!

DAVID GUIVANT

Post by DAVID GUIVANT » Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:03 pm

SoloFalcon wrote:Make this exhibition successful and the others SW will rotate to come here...

One small step of SW kind, a large step towards SciFi kind~
I agree, I have been promoting the event in France, some people are already thinking of coming to the exhibit since it's on till April, they will be touring ASIA and have included Singapore as a stop over.

One of em even told me that The Exhibit was a reason enough to come to Singapore. They will come as tourist but not as costumed members.

The French Lucasfilm Magazine is keen on doing a paper if you can also send some photos to the magazine, I have included the e-mail ady of the publisher in another post.

Cheers.

Dave
CAPTAIN FUTURE: COMING SOON !!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlJQnL4Bulk

hbng
Site Admin

Post by hbng » Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:03 am

DAVID GUIVANT wrote:......The French Lucasfilm Magazine is keen on doing a paper if you can also send some photos to the magazine, I have included the e-mail ady of the publisher in another post.

Cheers.

Dave
Hi David,

That's going to be really cool! I'm sure we can help them in one way or another

:D

donleow

Post by donleow » Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:25 pm

allow my humble view for being completed no less then 10 sw exhibtions worldwide including the completing the entire saga exhibit in japan felt that the exhibits are okie.

Put it in the shoes of the rest of the fans who do not have luxury of travelling oversea for the SW exhibits other than the singapore version then i think the entry fee is a lot cheaper then the average exhibition i visit. Another plus point is the fan book which is for the first time release in english while japan and other country only have it in japanese translation.

so i considered u folks are blessed without paying airfare, accodomation and be right at your footstep for ur viewing pleasure at your own time own target..

cheers
donleow

freefly

Post by freefly » Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:55 pm

I found the exhibition well worth of my $$. Personal favorites are the star destroyer, operating table & birthing table. Only downside is the merchandise corner with its predominant outdated TPM stuff.
Release the Good!

DAVID GUIVANT

Post by DAVID GUIVANT » Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:56 am

donleow wrote:so i considered u folks are blessed without paying airfare, accodomation and be right at your footstep for ur viewing pleasure at your own time own target..donleow
Ouch :evil: The air fare indeed, and that is twice I get to travel this year.
CAPTAIN FUTURE: COMING SOON !!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlJQnL4Bulk

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:21 am

freefly wrote:Only downside is the merchandise corner with its predominant outdated TPM stuff.
My first thoughts were - "is this some kind of stock / warehouse clearance?". :roll:
Warning - viewer discretion advised

Return to “Star Wars Exhibition at the Singapore Science Centre”