Star Wars Shop at SSC

The mega event that came to our sunny island !

Moderators: erase, danchia

sithlordcbw

Star Wars Shop at SSC

Post by sithlordcbw » Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:45 pm

can someone elaborate on the shop opened by Simply Toys at the SW Exhibition? and the price and stuff (esp. lightsabers) 'cause im busy and only going at dec and also saving up money for the goods there :)

Thanx a lot...
If you're not with me,

then you're my enemy.

Jedi_slayer

Post by Jedi_slayer » Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:55 am

Here are some of the items that I can remember, the prices are also estimated.

1) FX light sabres at $229,
2) Exclusive C3PO Gentle Giant Mini Bust at $96, Saw Vader and Han Solo ones too.
3) Lego Keychains of various characters Vader, Yoda, Clone pilot, Stormtrooper, Clone pilot, and some jedis at $7.90,
4) Gentle Giant Bust Ups Micro Bust of Series 3 & 4 (6 per series) you can buy a character individually at $10, initially you can buy Clone trooper on Nov 19 but later you got to buy it with another character of Series 4. Clone trooper comes in either short blaster or long rifle. Check on the website http://www.gentlegiantltd.com .
5) Hasbro Unleashed 7" Darth Vader (Exclusive by "Best Buy") at $55.
6) Kotobukiya Artfx Sandtrooper at $138.

Other Lego playsets and micro-machines sets. I did not see any Hasbro ROTS figures but mainly from Episode I. Note that you have to use Cash or Credit cards.

e3lipse
Location: Clonetrooper Land - Where the clones troopers roam free

Post by e3lipse » Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:26 am

Jedi_slayer wrote:Here are some of the items that I can remember, the prices are also estimated.

1) FX light sabres at $229,
2) Exclusive C3PO Gentle Giant Mini Bust at $96, Saw Vader and Han Solo ones too.
3) Lego Keychains of various characters Vader, Yoda, Clone pilot, Stormtrooper, Clone pilot, and some jedis at $7.90,
4) Gentle Giant Bust Ups Micro Bust of Series 3 & 4 (6 per series) you can buy a character individually at $10, initially you can buy Clone trooper on Nov 19 but later you got to buy it with another character of Series 4. Clone trooper comes in either short blaster or long rifle. Check on the website http://www.gentlegiantltd.com .
5) Hasbro Unleashed 7" Darth Vader (Exclusive by "Best Buy") at $55.
6) Kotobukiya Artfx Sandtrooper at $138.

Other Lego playsets and micro-machines sets. I did not see any Hasbro ROTS figures but mainly from Episode I. Note that you have to use Cash or Credit cards.
Refer to 6) It is the orange pauldron

Hehe lucky i got the clone trooper that night, got the dc-15 rifle
After all these years, I still love Clones
"Young one, don't tell me what to do."

Valentin

Post by Valentin » Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:33 pm

Nets transactions will be available from 22 onwards, since they told me the nets machine will only be available from that date.
TK3835 [Hooters]
501st Legion

Jedi_slayer

Post by Jedi_slayer » Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:21 pm

Just an update of what caught my attention in the store..
7) Gentle Giant Micro Bust Clone trooper builder set (Consist of 501 Legion, Orange, Conruscant and white troopers). There is one chase Commander Gree trooper.

8) AT-ST vehicle set (at $68!!!)

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:38 am

6 different types of AoSW collar pins (from Old Republic to New Order) at $15 each (or $12 each if u hav admission ticket).
May the Force Live Long & Prosper ...

milo

Post by milo » Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:56 am

Is this where they will be selling the Deluxe Book?

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:29 am

milo wrote:Is this where they will be selling the Deluxe Book?
Same location, but at different counters. There are 2 counters - one by SimplyToy, and the other by Sci Ctre. The AoSW Deluxe Book is sold at Sci Ctr counter.

Darsha Assant

Post by Darsha Assant » Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:32 am

what's a deluxe book?

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:22 pm

Darsha Assant wrote:what's a deluxe book?
Deluxe collection of AoSW (Art of Star Wars) book with special designed serially numbered hard cover slip case.

http://www.starwars.sg/index.php?option ... 3&Itemid=1

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:43 pm

Hi everyone,

OK, about the Art of Star Wars exhibition book . Currently the only one available is the simple paperback $65 version.

The deluxe or premium version is not released yet, and is undergoing a major revamp , and I assure you that the changes are going to make the deluxe book set really, really worth collecting . We will probably pay a higher premium price for it , but it is going to be worth it .

Details are still under wraps at the moment , but you will all be the first to hear about it right here when the time is right . :)

Oh, and talking about collectibles and exclusives , let me give all interested a BIG HINT . This is from me personally, off the cuff, and not official , but if anyone is interested in cool collectibles, go and visit the Art of Star Wars photo booth , and tell them that www.starwars.sg sent you. You can mention my name ;)

No promises, but you just might leave the booth happy . ;)

daniel

freefly

Post by freefly » Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:33 pm

danchia wrote:Oh, and talking about collectibles and exclusives , let me give all interested a BIG HINT . This is from me personally, off the cuff, and not official , but if anyone is interested in cool collectibles, go and visit the Art of Star Wars photo booth , and tell them that www.starwars.sg sent you. You can mention my name ;)

No promises, but you just might leave the booth happy . ;)
COOL!! please tell me it's smth not above $50 cause i'm really broke now.
Release the Good!

Jedi_slayer

Post by Jedi_slayer » Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:24 pm

Alamak! did not know earlier... jhad a family photo at the SW photo booth 2 weekends ago. :(

The photographer was a friendly chap...

renzaijh

Just a thought...

Post by renzaijh » Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:25 am

It's great to have Simply Toys carrying STAR WARS merchandise at SSC. But isn't something obvious missing from the merchandise range?

I'm talking about the STAR WARS movies on DVD.

After visiting the exhibition, visitors (targeting a family unit consisting of parents who have LUKE-warm interest in Star Wars but their kids love it to death) can take home the EXPERIENCE.

Place a home-theatre system outside the exhibition hall with the DVD player programmed to play action-packed chapters from Revenge Of The Sith or The Empire Strikes Back and kids will be glued to the TV.

Honestly (no offense), the Simply Toys merchandise target fans but the DVDs make wholesome entertainment for the whole family.

If the ART OF STAR WARS exhibition isn't the best venue in Singapore to sell the DVDs at this moment, I wonder where else is.

hansolo

Post by hansolo » Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:00 am

I totally agree with imperial officer that they should have some star wars related video screened at the main entrance. Currently, the Singapore Airlines commercial keeps looping on and on, and it's pretty irritating to hear the same thing the whole day. At least bring on some star wars music man!

As for the DVD, it is a very good suggestion. But they are rules that need to be abide by. If I am not wrong. When a company registers with ACRA, they need to specify the core nature of the business. eg if you state toys, you must sell toys related stuffs and nothing else. So I'm not sure whether Simply Toys is able to sell DVDs, if not they might get complains from those shops selling dvds.

Btw, is the exclusive stuff the pewter pins?

Return to “Star Wars Exhibition at the Singapore Science Centre”