Star Wars Shop at SSC

The mega event that came to our sunny island !

Moderators: erase, danchia

masterjamous

Post by masterjamous » Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:03 am

Alamak!!

Dan, the price will increase for the Deluxe?
ImageImageImage

milo

Post by milo » Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:42 am

Hi Daniel, Thanks for clarifying the release on the Deluxe copy. We will wait for you to update us.

What is the difference in this Art of SW to the one already in the market?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0345431 ... eader-link

freefly

Post by freefly » Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:26 am

This book covers the art of all six episodes & is not available elsewhere, currently.
Release the Good!

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:35 am

milo wrote:Hi Daniel, Thanks for clarifying the release on the Deluxe copy. We will wait for you to update us.

What is the difference in this Art of SW to the one already in the market?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0345431 ... eader-link

Hi Milo ,

The Art of Star Wars book being sold at the exhibition is put together by Lucasfilm USA and Japan specifically for this exhibition , and as far as I know, or at least been told , it is a completely different book from the one on sale at amazon and at bookstores . The ones on Amazon focus on individual films, but the exhibition book encompasses all 6 films. Some pictures that appeared in the previous books may be reproduced in this exhibition book, as these are archival photos , but from what I know, the text is different . I've been told that this version of the book will not be available at retail outlets or on the internet, as it is meant to be sold only at the various Art of Star Wars exhibitions around the world. So far, this exhibition has only travelled to Japan and Singapore, and currently, there is no confirmed location after Singapore . It may go back to Lucasfilm archives , according to Mr Shinji Hata, Executive Director of the Hata Stichting Foundation in Japan who created this exhibition with Lucasfilm, when I interviewed him.

http://www.starwars.sg/index.php?option ... &Itemid=33

The Art of Star Wars exhibition book currently exists in only 2 versions, one totally in Japanese, and the Singapore edition in English. It is not available any where else in the world at the moment .

The Singapore edition has a forword specially written by George Lucas for Singapore , and a message by the chief executive of the Singapore Science Centre , Dr Chew Tuan Chiong .

The deluxe version is going to be the same book , but it will have a serial number printed on it that will be matched to a specially framed set of collectible Art of Star Wars tickets that will accompany the book , which will be also come in a specially designed protective case.

Details are sketchy at the moment, but I think it is going to be a very special collectible . The price of the deluxe version is not set yet, but it will be more than $100 , I suspect....

SoloFalcon

Post by SoloFalcon » Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:03 pm

Now SSC starts picking up to boost publicity of AOSW... need more merchandise~ promos, special events~
Trust me princess~

milo

Post by milo » Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:58 pm

hi freefly, Daniel,

Thank you for your explanation. Think I will just buy the $65 version and use the remaining $ to get tickets back to the exhibit. Unless the Deluxe has more never-seen-before pictures! :wink:

cardz_house

Post by cardz_house » Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:35 pm

Went last week and had a look at the shop. Nothing much really, normal stuff found everywhere else aside from the C3PO exclusive obviously. Prices a bit inflated but I guess that's to be expected.

hansolo

Post by hansolo » Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:20 pm

i saw the following titanium vehicles at the merchandising booth @ AOSW today.

- speeder bike
- turbo tank
- republic attack cruiser
- death star
- jango's slave 1
- vulture droid fighter
- white tie figher (short packed)

Have fun finding the tie fighter!

Darsha Assant

Post by Darsha Assant » Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:35 pm

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Y no Ywing?

e3lipse
Location: Clonetrooper Land - Where the clones troopers roam free

Post by e3lipse » Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:15 pm

Darsha Assant wrote:AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Y no Ywing?
Older waves
After all these years, I still love Clones
"Young one, don't tell me what to do."

Darsha Assant

Post by Darsha Assant » Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:31 am

i'm broke anyway..... and my mum calls all figurines 'zhor dang'

danchia
Site Admin

ROTJ Force FX Lightsaber NO LONGER AN AOSW EXCLUSIVE

Post by danchia » Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:32 am

Adam Teo just alerted us about this entry from the Simply Toys blogspot at http://simplytoys.blogspot.com/ :
ROTJ Force FX Lightsaber
Master Replicas has given the green light for retail stores to sell them and not restricted to just selected stores in selected countries.

Likewise, Simply Toys is pleased to be offering this item at
S$229.90 to the public and S$198 to Simply Toys members from 1st January 2006.

For members who have preordered and paid S$241.40 because it was a Art of Star Wars Singapore exclusive then, Simply Toys would be giving a rebate of S$40 for your next purchase of Force FX or other Master Replicas products worth at least S$198. For instance, buying a new Darth Vader or Anakin Skywalker force FX will cost you only S$198 - S$40 =S$158 if you have preordered one Luke ROTJ Force FX.

We will be working be issuing coupons to all and only Simply Toys Members who have preordered at our Far East or Raffles Place branches will be entitled to this rebate. Please understand that this is a goodwill gesture and we will not be able to give a cash refund or use the $40 to offset items other than Master Replicas Force FX Lightsabers, Master Replicas studios scaled replicas and Master Replicas 1:1 Scale Lightsabers.

We will be notifiying all members who qualify for this rebate via phone or email after Xmas.

Preorder is now open for this item to be collected when the new stocks arrive.
Retail Price: S$229.90
Member's Price: S$198
Preorder Deposit: S$60
To everyone who bought this lightsaber from the Simply Toys store at the exhibition, my advice to you is to make sure that you get your refund coupon ASAP .

hansolo

Post by hansolo » Fri Dec 23, 2005 3:00 pm

For members who have preordered and paid S$241.40 because it was a Art of Star Wars Singapore exclusive then, Simply Toys would be giving a rebate of S$40 for your next purchase of Force FX or other Master Replicas products worth at least S$198.
Dan, I think it would be apt to highlight that the rebate would be for Simply Toys members that preordered their ROTJ Luke.

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:51 pm

hansolo wrote:
For members who have preordered and paid S$241.40 because it was a Art of Star Wars Singapore exclusive then, Simply Toys would be giving a rebate of S$40 for your next purchase of Force FX or other Master Replicas products worth at least S$198.
Dan, I think it would be apt to highlight that the rebate would be for Simply Toys members that preordered their ROTJ Luke.
I strongly feel that even if you are not a member, and bought your lightsaber at the exhibition, and can produce a receipt to prove that you did indeed buy one , you should be entitled to a rebate. After all , it was a premium price that you paid for something that was advertised as an exhibition exclusive .

That's just my personal opinion. :)

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:08 pm

ROAR! Image

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Star Wars Exhibition at the Singapore Science Centre”