GEORGE LUCAS : LEGEND OF THE FORCE

The mega event that came to our sunny island !

Moderators: erase, danchia

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:40 am

masterjamous wrote:Aiyah, there you see, I get this bad words again

Failed sending email :: PHP ::
DEBUG MODE
Line : 234
File : emailer.php

Eh, What's up? Moderator? Administrator?
yeah, i thought my acct got something wrong leh...lol!

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:03 pm

masterjamous wrote: Met up with David, Nicholas & Mum, Daniel, Leonard, Don & wife.
Hey y'all thanks for being so hospitable & friendly, I appreciate your gesture.

Masterjamous, one of the highlights of my day was FINALLY meeting YOU ! That really made my day, buddy. Thank you so much for your support, and it was fantastic meeting your beautiful wife and children , especially your Jedi Padawan son ! Thanks for bringing them along to the lecture and exhibition. :)
Both Legend & Prime were fine effort, and especially since they were made with NO Budget. I do hope Prime of the Jedi will be made into a short film!! The Teasers got potential David; start looking for sponsors & angels!! Perhaps the main man who does the Darth Vader here might be interested? you'll meet him next Sat, no?

Love your portfolio David!! Gosh you're talented & great to see you using your gifts. I like especially the TransFormers - Ravage was fierce man, you brought life to it. Very dynamic picture; Any short films on them by you? I like the rest too; Batman & DC characters, Fantastic 4, GI Joe..........we have dinner on next visit, oui monsieur but my French un petite petit pur, please excusé moi.

Like I said, we really appreciate your support for David , and your comments and praise really mean a lot to us all, David included. :)

Will definitely go to the exhibition again, but the next time will go earlier to take in every one of the exhibits and try out all the interactive booths.
Aiyah, too many kids today hogging & some using their dark force violence on the consoles! :oops:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :wink: :wink: :wink:

I'm glad you enjoyed the exhibition. You are right, you really need to spend time to savour each exhibit , and to appreciate the amount of passion, energy and talent poured into the props and artwork . Each time I visit the exhibition, something new catches my eye, which I seem to have missed the previous time . One of my favourites were the 3 plants from Felucia, hidden in an obscure corner at the exit of the auditorium screening the documentary shots. Did you see those ? Amazing stuff there !

Anyway, I look forward to sitting down to a good meal with you one day. That would be really cool ! :D

PS. THANK YOU so much for that Vader phone thing ! It came as a total surprise , and I really appreciated the gift. I love it ! :)

DAVID GUIVANT

Post by DAVID GUIVANT » Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:38 pm

masterjamous wrote:Hey E3lipse where were you? You didn't attend the talk? Met up with David, Nicholas & Mum, Daniel, Leonard, Don & wife.
Hey y'all thanks for being so hospitable & friendly, I appreciate your gesture.
Hi Mate, it was nice meeting you and your wife as well.
Thanks for coming, should get together for diner, Daniel is planning something on the next Saturday as well.
masterjamous wrote:Both Legend & Prime were fine effort, and especially since they were made with NO Budget. I do hope Prime of the Jedi will be made into a short film!! The Teasers got potential David; start looking for sponsors & angels!! Perhaps the main man who does the Darth Vader here might be interested? you'll meet him next Sat, no?
No worries mate, thanks for the great feedback, next saturday I'll be there, but anyway during the week we can alway meet.
masterjamous wrote:Love your portfolio David!! Gosh you're talented & great to see you using your gifts. I like especially the TransFormers - Ravage was fierce man, you brought life to it. Very dynamic picture; Any short films on them by you? I like the rest too; Batman & DC characters, Fantastic 4, GI Joe..........we have dinner on next visit, oui monsieur but my French un petite petit pur, please excusé moi.Will definitely go to the exhibition again, but the next time will go earlier to take in every one of the exhibits and try out all the interactive booths.
Aiyah, too many kids today hogging & some using their dark force violence on the consoles! :oops:
Thanks for everything mate, we defenitely gotta have dinner and have a chat. :evil: Oh Yeah, we gotta get rid of these kids.

Cheers.

Dave
CAPTAIN FUTURE: COMING SOON !!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlJQnL4Bulk

e3lipse
Location: Clonetrooper Land - Where the clones troopers roam free

Post by e3lipse » Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:07 pm

Hey sorry guys... my RC Car screwed up so i had to send it back for the electronics to get fixed...before they forget i bought from them ... $330... rather not take the chance

David, i'll be there next week! I promise or you can use to force to strangle me :D

Who's going next week? I'll be there
After all these years, I still love Clones
"Young one, don't tell me what to do."

masterjamous

Post by masterjamous » Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:13 am

Hey Dan & Dave

For the moment I see no probs in meeting on coming Sat 10 dec. We shall have dinner. Right now gotta clear as much of work as possible.
See you E3lipse too.
BTW what time you guys be there?

Cheers

Jedi of Anoth :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage

e3lipse
Location: Clonetrooper Land - Where the clones troopers roam free

Post by e3lipse » Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:29 am

masterjamous wrote:Hey Dan & Dave

For the moment I see no probs in meeting on coming Sat 10 dec. We shall have dinner. Right now gotta clear as much of work as possible.
See you E3lipse too.

Cheers

Starts at 1.30 right? I'll be there 1pm
After all these years, I still love Clones
"Young one, don't tell me what to do."

masterjamous

Post by masterjamous » Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:36 am

e3lipse wrote: Starts at 1.30 right? I'll be there 1pm
hey great hope to see you there!

And Dr EMH, you be coming along too? You be dressing up in costume with the Malaysian team?
ImageImageImage

DAVID GUIVANT

Post by DAVID GUIVANT » Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:10 am

So we finally get to meet all the people on the forum then. That's cool 8)
Some of the event covered in the French Website:

ANAKINWEB.COM

http://site.anakinweb.com/actualites_ev ... n5155.html

ANAKINWEBTV.COM is the first STAR WARS TV CHANNEL in France to broadcast fanfilms on the internet 24/7. We were one of the first to be featured in the launch of the channel itself.

Cheers.

Dave :P

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:51 pm

masterjamous wrote:Hey Dan & Dave

See you E3lipse too.

Cheers

Hey masterjamous , this Saturday , David Guivant will be meeting the Star Trek fans at their annual gathering , so he will not be able to have dinner with you.

Shall we arrange another day ? :)

daniel

exun

Post by exun » Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:20 pm

DAVID GUIVANT wrote:
Hi mate,

How are you?
Thanks a lot, a pity you're not here anymore.
What is your address in TAIWAN?

I'll send you a press kit form both movies.

Cheers.

Dave :o
Bonjour Dave, I'll send my address to your PM and THX a ton! b^_^

I've already seen "Georges Lucas : Legend of the Force" from your web site and here are my reflections:

I like the rhythm & tempo you told the story.

The subtitles of "Not too far away ….", "I have a bad feeling about this", "Kids don’t try this at home!" are very funny and full of humor.

All the music you chose are suitable and you used them very precisely.

As I majored in mass communication & broadcasting during my university days, I also have one suggestion for you:

When the girl asked Lucas if he believe in the Force, it'll seem more natural to me if Lucas response a little quicker. I know you want to show his hesitating and how he is afraid of being treated as a nut. The later half of the first cut had done it, so the former half of the second cut can be shorter to let Lucas answer faster.

That's my opinion, and I realy enjoy watching your film.

The Force is strong with you!

your pal ~ E-Xun

masterjamous

Post by masterjamous » Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:49 am

danchia wrote: Hey masterjamous , this Saturday , David Guivant will be meeting the Star Trek fans at their annual gathering , so he will not be able to have dinner with you.

Shall we arrange another day ? :)

daniel
Hey no worries about it. Arrangements can always be made.
But then I could dress up as Spock pretending to be me and you go as Number One pretending as you and together we crash the Gathering. Unless of course the Trekkies managed to reach temporary peace with the Klingons who'd agreed to be their bouncers, then that'll be a different episode entirely.
ImageImageImage

DAVID GUIVANT

Post by DAVID GUIVANT » Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:56 am

exun wrote: I've already seen "Georges Lucas : Legend of the Force" from your web site and here are my reflections:
I like the rhythm & tempo you told the story.
The subtitles of "Not too far away ….", "I have a bad feeling about this", "Kids don’t try this at home!" are very funny and full of humor.
No worries made by 100% LUCAS AND Spielberg fan, for the fans.
exun wrote:All the music you chose are suitable and you used them very precisely.As I majored in mass communication & broadcasting during my university days, I also have one suggestion for you:

When the girl asked Lucas if he believe in the Force, it'll seem more natural to me if Lucas response a little quicker. I know you want to show his hesitating and how he is afraid of being treated as a nut. The later half of the first cut had done it, so the former half of the second cut can be shorter to let Lucas answer faster.That's my opinion, and I realy enjoy watching your film.The Force is strong with you!your pal ~ E-Xun
You're right actually, the scene could have been a wee bit shorter.

Well it is a question that even NO journalist would dare to ask GEORGE LUCAS themselves. And I wouldn't dare to ask him that too, I think our George Lucas was expecting another question, that's why he's a bit hesitant, but seeing how enthusiastic GROUPIE 1 Kenobi was? He had no other choice but to answer her question as well.

AUTHENTIC DIALOGUES

1984 TIMES MAGAZINE: Journalists asked G Lucas' ex wife: Does George Lucas: Believe in the Force? She replied that :He really does believe in the Force but he doesn't want to people to think that he's a FREAK.

We didn't use freak because we respect George Lucas, and I don't think that he considers himself a freak. Nor do we think that he is a freak either, so we used Nuts instead.

Thanks for the feedback mate :P

What did you think of our STEVEN SPIELBERG? Is he more like E.T or JAWS?

Cheers.

Dave :D

GetzJedi

Post by GetzJedi » Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:44 pm

masterjamous wrote:And Dr EMH, you be coming along too? You be dressing up in costume with the Malaysian team?
The Malaysian team is coming on Sunday at 3 pm... David's talk is on Saturday, right?
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

dranoel
Site Admin

Post by dranoel » Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:33 am

GetzJedi wrote:The Malaysian team is coming on Sunday at 3 pm... David's talk is on Saturday, right?
Yes, that is right. David's talk is this Saturday afternoon. :D

Commander_Salji

Post by Commander_Salji » Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:28 am

OT for a moment. Heads up David, Dr EMH could have indicated to you that some of the MySciFiFan STAR WARS Costumed Contingent members will be coming for the Trekkies Year End gathering held tomorrow, 10 DECEMBER 2005 and that you will be there. Looking forward to meet up with you. :D
TR/DZ/TK/TS 2870
Outpost Founding Member and CO Emeritus

Return to “Star Wars Exhibition at the Singapore Science Centre”