When is the best time to go?!

The mega event that came to our sunny island !

Moderators: erase, danchia

mike_p

When is the best time to go?!

Post by mike_p » Sat Oct 15, 2005 7:07 pm

Hi guys! Like all of you, I can't wait for the exhibit!
However, unlike most, if not all of you, I need to fly to Singapore from Manila!

So I'd like to hear from anyone who could advice when is the best time to go since it will run for a few months. I'm not familiar with any other special events from the opening til the exhibit ends in April. I plan to fly in for just three days, planning to spend my full 2nd day for the exhibit.

Also, would anyone know if cameras are allowed inside? I do hope so. The last time I flew in was for the Lord of the Rings exhibit May 2004. And I don't even have photos from that one!

Would gladly hear from anyone. Thanks in advance!

Commander Appo

Post by Commander Appo » Sat Oct 15, 2005 7:32 pm

hi mike_p. in reply to your question, I took this from another thread in this forum.
The MySciFiFan STAR WARS Costumed Contingent is pleased to announce here in www.starwars.sg that we will be in Singapore from SATURDAY, 10 DECEMBER 2005 to WEDNESDAY, 14 DECEMBER 2005. Our 14 Member STAR WARS Costumed Contingent will be present at the Singapore Science Center on these two confirmed dates : 11 and 12 DECEMBER 2005. Other dates besides these two is subject to confirmation.

Yes, 11 STAR WARS Costumers representing characters from the Original STAR WARS Trilogy, Prequels and the Expanded Universe. A mixture of Heroes, Heroines and Villains, Aliens and Humans, Jedis and Siths will be attending the ART OF STAR WARS EXHIBITION at the SINGAPORE SCIENCE CENTRE on these dates. We will be excited to meet up with everyone here from www.starwars.sg as well as our friends from www.moviemania.com.sg
So probably the best time to visit the Science Centre would be the 11th or 12th of December. As for taking pictures during the exhibition, it's a no-no just like the LOTR exhibition. I too was disappointed they didn't allow any cameras/digicams into the exhibition hall as I'm a big LOTR fan and the armour on the display was to die for!
Commander Appo@Jedi Temple

fabianlau

oh

Post by fabianlau » Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:55 pm

really??? huh.... if i still bring le??/ how??
sTAR WARS

e3lipse
Location: Clonetrooper Land - Where the clones troopers roam free

Re: oh

Post by e3lipse » Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:25 pm

fabianlau wrote:really??? huh.... if i still bring le??/ how??
IF YOU BRING LE LE LE LE LE LE , YOU CAN KEEP IT INSIDE YOUR BAG AND DON'T TAKE IT OUT LOR!

Do you not check back previous threads where you ASKED the same question?
danchia wrote:
fabianlau wrote:really cannot bring camera.... if i bring camera le... how?? i mean if i reach there i still wanna take in how????????

I seriously don't know . I don't make the rules . Lucasfilm and Singapore Science Centre do .

You're welcome to call them up and ask them when the exhibition launches . Their hotline number is 64252500 or you can email them at specialevents@science.edu.sg
After all these years, I still love Clones
"Young one, don't tell me what to do."

Commander Appo

Post by Commander Appo » Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:19 pm

well then the 2 jedis standing at the entrance will probe your arse with their lightsabers. :lol:

Commander_Salji

Post by Commander_Salji » Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:59 pm

Commander Appo wrote:well then the 2 jedis standing at the entrance will probe your arse with their lightsabers. :lol:
Then the Dark Lord of the SITH hidden in the shadows as you enter the exhibition hall will fry and your camera with a shot of deadly SITH Lightning!! :P
TR/DZ/TK/TS 2870
Outpost Founding Member and CO Emeritus

Commander Appo

Post by Commander Appo » Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:32 pm

The SITH OverLORD wrote:
Commander Appo wrote:well then the 2 jedis standing at the entrance will probe your arse with their lightsabers. :lol:
Then the Dark Lord of the SITH hidden in the shadows as you enter the exhibition hall will fry and your camera with a shot of deadly SITH Lightning!! :P
I'll pay an extra $100 just to see that happen. :lol:

masterjamous

Post by masterjamous » Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:58 am

The SITH OverLORD wrote:

Oh Yes LOTR exh doesn't allow photo opportunities.
Btw, Dark Lord NO Sith Lightning as the flash that result from it will damage the exhibits; in terms of colour degradation of Items that are being exhibited.
Just like your framed colour photographs at home that's exposed to the sun's UV at long periods. Same like your colour clothings after sometime.
In this case of an exhibtion, flash from cameras multiply by X number of fans and visitors to this mega event.
:mrgreen: :twisted:
ImageImageImage

fabianlau

erm

Post by fabianlau » Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:18 pm

then if i really bring camera wad will hapeen??
sTAR WARS

dranoel
Site Admin

Re: erm

Post by dranoel » Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:22 pm

fabianlau wrote:then if i really bring camera wad will hapeen??
good idea.... you bring.... and then post here and we'll know :lol:

e3lipse
Location: Clonetrooper Land - Where the clones troopers roam free

Re: erm

Post by e3lipse » Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:53 pm

Dranoel wrote:
fabianlau wrote:then if i really bring camera wad will hapeen??
good idea.... you bring.... and then post here and we'll know :lol:
Whats the point of asking so many times? Call the number that Danchia gave , i quoted it above

Cheers
After all these years, I still love Clones
"Young one, don't tell me what to do."

Commander_Salji

Post by Commander_Salji » Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:31 pm

masterjamous wrote: Oh Yes LOTR exh doesn't allow photo opportunities.

Btw, Dark Lord NO Sith Lightning as the flash that result from it will damage the exhibits; in terms of colour degradation of Items that are being exhibited.
Haiz MasterJamous, IF you have read my posted reply carefully I was juz TEASING our friend Fabian of what he will expect after the 2 Jedi sentries have probed his @**** with their L/Sabers. I've been well informed by the replies posted by Haldir at MySciFiFan forums at this Star Wars Exhibition Coming To Singapore thread -NO CAMERAS and PHOTOGRAPHY Allowed! :shock: :(
TR/DZ/TK/TS 2870

Commander_Salji

Re: When is the best time to go?!

Post by Commander_Salji » Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:52 pm

mike_p wrote:Hi guys! Like all of you, I can't wait for the exhibit!
However, unlike most, if not all of you, I need to fly to Singapore from Manila!

So I'd like to hear from anyone who could advice when is the best time to go since it will run for a few months. I'm not familiar with any other special events from the opening til the exhibit ends in April. I plan to fly in for just three days, planning to spend my full 2nd day for the exhibit.

Would gladly hear from anyone. Thanks in advance!
Hi mike_p, would happen to be a member of the 501st Legion's Philippines Outpost from this website : http://www.geocities.com/phil501st ? or one any of the four Armored Imperial Costumers from the Philippines 501st Outpost? :?:
TR/DZ/TK/TS 2870

masterjamous

Post by masterjamous » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:00 am

The SITH OverLORD wrote:
masterjamous wrote: Oh Yes LOTR exh doesn't allow photo opportunities.

Haiz MasterJamous, IF you have read my posted reply carefully I was juz TEASING our friend Fabian of what he will expect after the 2 Jedi sentries have probed his @**** with their L/Sabers. I've been well informed by the replies posted by Haldir at MySciFiFan forums at this Star Wars Exhibition Coming To Singapore thread -NO CAMERAS and PHOTOGRAPHY Allowed! :shock: :(

Woah, ho, ho, didn't mean to cause offence dear OverLord. I'm a peace loving Jedi, leh.
But certainly have noted the going-ons in this forum de and thought to join in the spirit of exchange, ma.
Well, I surmise that since we cannot avoid yi xie Kramers of the world, might as well try to be yi ge Forrest Gump some time; Just gao xiao er yi ba le!
"Life is but like a box of chocolates" duh....

Hey be cool. :wink: :wink:
ImageImageImage

Commander_Salji

Post by Commander_Salji » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:21 am

masterjamous wrote:Woah, ho, ho, didn't mean to cause offence dear OverLord. I'm a peace loving Jedi, leh.
But certainly have noted the going-ons in this forum de and thought to join in the spirit of exchange, ma.

Hey be cool. :wink: :wink:
Hey no worries MasterJamous, peace loving Jedi. :wink: :wink: :lol:

BTW I'm curious what alien race does that Jedi in your Avatar image belong to? :?:
TR/DZ/TK/TS 2870

Return to “Star Wars Exhibition at the Singapore Science Centre”