MySciFiFan's ART OF STAR WARS Expedition : 10-14 Dec 2005

The mega event that came to our sunny island !

Moderators: erase, danchia

Commander_Salji

MySciFiFan's ART OF STAR WARS Expedition : 10-14 Dec 2005

Post by Commander_Salji » Sat Oct 15, 2005 3:59 pm

To Dan Chia and the rest of the www.starwars.sg team members who are committed to make the ART OF STAR WARS Exhibition in Singapore a smashing success in South East Asia when the exhibition starts in 19 November 2005.

The
MySciFiFan STAR WARS Costumed Contingent is pleased to announce here in www.starwars.sg that we will be in Singapore from SATURDAY, 10 DECEMBER 2005 to WEDNESDAY, 14 DECEMBER 2005. Our 14 Member STAR WARS Costumed Contingent will be present at the Singapore Science Center on these two confirmed dates : 11 and 12 DECEMBER 2005. Other dates besides these two is subject to confirmation.

Yes, 11 STAR WARS Costumers representing characters from the Original STAR WARS Trilogy, Prequels and the Expanded Universe. A mixture of Heroes, Heroines and Villains, Aliens and Humans, Jedis and Siths will be attending the ART OF STAR WARS EXHIBITION at the
SINGAPORE SCIENCE CENTRE on these dates. We will be excited to meet up with everyone here from www.starwars.sg as well as our friends from www.moviemania.com.sg

So if you guys have ANY SPECIAL DAY in Store for STAR WARS Costumed Visitors to ART OF STAR WARS Exhibition at the
SINGAPORE SCIENCE CENTRE, please let us know here. :)
TR/DZ/TK/TS 2870
Outpost Founding Member and CO Emeritus

dranoel
Site Admin

Post by dranoel » Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:41 pm

That's great news! Welcome to SG, and we'll see you at the Art of Star Wars :)

Commander_Salji

Post by Commander_Salji » Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:39 pm

Dranoel wrote:That's great news! Welcome to SG, and we'll see you at the Art of Star Wars :)
Thanks for the welcome Dranoel. We are excited about this upcoming ART OF STAR WARS Expedition ourselves. Will we have the pleasure of meeting up with you, Dan Chia and the rest of the www.starwars.sg Admin / Mod team members? :)
TR/DZ/TK/TS 2870

e3lipse
Location: Clonetrooper Land - Where the clones troopers roam free

Post by e3lipse » Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:48 am

The SITH OverLORD wrote:
Dranoel wrote:That's great news! Welcome to SG, and we'll see you at the Art of Star Wars :)
Thanks for the welcome Dranoel. We are excited about this upcoming ART OF STAR WARS Expedition ourselves. Will we have the pleasure of meeting up with you, Dan Chia and the rest of the www.starwars.sg Admin / Mod team members? :)
and me and KK? :P
After all these years, I still love Clones
"Young one, don't tell me what to do."

vintage_sw

Post by vintage_sw » Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:52 am

e3lipse wrote:
The SITH OverLORD wrote:
Is not kk is vintage_sw :D

lhs1701

Re: MySciFiFan's ART OF STAR WARS Expedition : 10-14 Dec 200

Post by lhs1701 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:26 am

The SITH OverLORD wrote:To Dan Chia and the rest of the www.starwars.sg team members who are committed to make the ART OF STAR WARS Exhibition in Singapore a smashing success in South East Asia when the exhibition starts in 19 November 2005.

The
MySciFiFan STAR WARS Costumed Contingent is pleased to announce here in www.starwars.sg that we will be in Singapore from SATURDAY, 10 DECEMBER 2005 to WEDNESDAY, 14 DECEMBER 2005. Our 14 Member STAR WARS Costumed Contingent will be present at the Singapore Science Center on these two confirmed dates : 11 and 12 DECEMBER 2005. Other dates besides these two is subject to confirmation.

Yes, 11 STAR WARS Costumers representing characters from the Original STAR WARS Trilogy, Prequels and the Expanded Universe. A mixture of Heroes, Heroines and Villains, Aliens and Humans, Jedis and Siths will be attending the ART OF STAR WARS EXHIBITION at the
SINGAPORE SCIENCE CENTRE on these dates. We will be excited to meet up with everyone here from www.starwars.sg as well as our friends from www.moviemania.com.sg

So if you guys have ANY SPECIAL DAY in Store for STAR WARS Costumed Visitors to ART OF STAR WARS Exhibition at the
Dan, why not turn this into a publicity stunt for the Singapore Science Centre? Get the Press and indicate how important the event is such that SW fan clubs from the region are coming into Singapore. It is good for Asean, etc.

Bring it up at your next meeting, suggest photo sessions, press releases etc. It would give others a chance to shine, give Science Centre additional publicity, hopefully an excuse to be allowed to take photos?
Find, fix, finish

Plo Strax-Avix

Post by Plo Strax-Avix » Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:36 am

According to the thread below, I believe another fan from the Phillipines will also be flying in for the exhibition. Maybe more that we don't know about.

When is the best time to go?!

There's a HUGE SW fanbase in the Phillipines and I'm sure quite a few of them will be making the pilgrimage to the exhibition...

fabianlau

Re: MySciFiFan's ART OF STAR WARS Expedition : 10-14 Dec 200

Post by fabianlau » Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:21 pm

lhs1701 wrote:
The SITH OverLORD wrote:To Dan Chia and the rest of the www.starwars.sg team members who are committed to make the ART OF STAR WARS Exhibition in Singapore a smashing success in South East Asia when the exhibition starts in 19 November 2005.

The

Dan, why not turn this into a publicity stunt for the Singapore Science Centre? Get the Press and indicate how important the event is such that SW fan clubs from the region are coming into Singapore. It is good for Asean, etc.

Bring it up at your next meeting, suggest photo sessions, press releases etc. It would give others a chance to shine, give Science Centre additional publicity, hopefully an excuse to be allowed to take photos?

ya gd gd... bring camera best!!!!!!
sTAR WARS

Commander_Salji

Post by Commander_Salji » Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:58 pm

e3lipse wrote:
The SITH OverLORD wrote:Thanks for the welcome Dranoel. We are excited about this upcoming ART OF STAR WARS Expedition ourselves. Will we have the pleasure of meeting up with you, Dan Chia and the rest of the www.starwars.sg Admin / Mod team members? :)
Yes you and Vintage_SW too! :D Hey e3lipse I have got a great idea why not wear your Gas Mask from your Avatar Image here :

and come dressed as member of the any alien species you can think of from the STAR WARS Universe to greet and meet the
MySciFiFan STAR WARS Costumed Contingent together with Vintage_SW? :lol:
TR/DZ/TK/TS 2870

e3lipse

Post by e3lipse » Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:23 pm

The SITH OverLORD wrote:
e3lipse wrote:
The SITH OverLORD wrote:Thanks for the welcome Dranoel. We are excited about this upcoming ART OF STAR WARS Expedition ourselves. Will we have the pleasure of meeting up with you, Dan Chia and the rest of the www.starwars.sg Admin / Mod team members? :)
Yes you and Vintage_SW too! :D Hey e3lipse I have got a great idea why not wear your Gas Mask from your Avatar Image here :

and come dressed as member of the any alien species you can think of from the STAR WARS Universe to greet and meet the
MySciFiFan STAR WARS Costumed Contingent together with Vintage_SW? :lol:
:lol:
That alien you mentioned is a bit hard to make. Any others thats easier and prominent ? I'm looking around. Garindan looks abit easy. i just need some tinted plastic sheets to cover the lense, a tubey thing to cover the front and a big black robe.. hmmm where can i get em in such short notice :O

Commander_Salji

Post by Commander_Salji » Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:48 pm

e3lipse wrote::lol:
That alien you mentioned is a bit hard to make. Any others thats easier and prominent ? I'm looking around. Garindan looks abit easy. i just need some tinted plastic sheets to cover the lense, a tubey thing to cover the front and a big black robe.. hmmm where can i get em in such short notice :O
Hey I wasn't referring to that Morseerian Alien called Nabrun Leids after you told me the difficulties at your end. However, your suggest idea of that Kubaz Alien Imperial Spy Garindan seems to be a pratical and workable idea - tinted plastic sheet and a rubber tube for the snout all glued to your gas mask. As for the Black Robe you can check with Lord Xerxes how he got his Jedi Robe done and perhaps you can get one made from his source. Oh yes 2 more items to complete your Garindan ensemble, a nice pair of black leather gloves with big gauntlets and the small white plastic speaker for you to contact the nearest Sandtrooper Garisson in Mos Eisley. Once done, you're all set to meet the MySciFiFan STAR WARS Costumed Contingent as this Tatooine themed character! :lol:

TR/DZ/TK/TS 2870

e3lipse

Post by e3lipse » Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:17 pm

The SITH OverLORD wrote:
e3lipse wrote::lol:
Hey I wasn't referring to that Morseerian Alien called Nabrun Leids after you told me the difficulties at your end. However, your suggest idea of that Kubaz Alien Imperial Spy Garindan seems to be a pratical and workable idea - tinted plastic sheet and a rubber tube for the snout all glued to your gas mask. As for the Black Robe you can check with Lord Xerxes how he got his Jedi Robe done and perhaps you can get one made from his source. Oh yes 2 more items to complete your Garindan ensemble, a nice pair of black leather gloves with big gauntlets and the small white plastic speaker for you to contact the nearest Sandtrooper Garisson in Mos Eisley. Once done, you're all set to meet the MySciFiFan STAR WARS Costumed Contingent as this Tatooine themed character! :lol:

Seems so hard now.. time to source for help . Hehe
I can devote more time but schools starting :(

Commander_Salji

Post by Commander_Salji » Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:03 am

e3lipse wrote:Seems so hard now.. time to source for help . Hehe
Ya lohr better start sourcing for help, perhaps ask your mom, dad, cousins, uncle and aunties? :wink: :wink: Just curious when's your school term starting? :?:
TR/DZ/TK/TS 2870

e3lipse

Post by e3lipse » Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:08 am

The SITH OverLORD wrote:
e3lipse wrote:Seems so hard now.. time to source for help . Hehe
Ya lohr better start sourcing for help, perhaps ask your mom, dad, cousins, uncle and aunties? :wink: :wink: Just curious when's your school term starting? :?:
I prefer to leave my family out of my crazy interest (to them its crazy :lol: )
I'll ask lord xerxes and others
Term starts 31st October

Gotta thank MOE.. It was November last year :evil:
They are pushing polytechnic terms forward to be the same as JCs

Commander_Salji

Post by Commander_Salji » Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:31 pm

e3lipse wrote:I prefer to leave my family out of my crazy interest (to them its crazy :lol: )
I'll ask lord xerxes and others
Ah! now I know what's your family's perception of your interest and obsession. No worries 'coz you're not alone on this. :wink: :wink:

Yeah, it'll be great to check with lord xerxes or PM halir if you need some help 'coz she's a costuming expert.

My personal advise to you is to check out your local neighbourhood HARDWARE SHOP and make FRIENDS with the shop owner. This way this will be your lobang in getting the materials that you need for your proposed GARINDAN costuming project! 8)
TR/DZ/TK/TS 2870

Return to “Star Wars Exhibition at the Singapore Science Centre”