Art of Star Wars Japan - A Taste Of What's Coming Here!

The mega event that came to our sunny island !

Moderators: erase, danchia

bobafett81

Art of Star Wars Japan - A Taste Of What's Coming Here!

Post by bobafett81 » Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:38 am

Art of Star Wars and Episode III are Big in Japan

This month, Episode III opened in Japan -- marking the last major theatrical release of Revenge of the Sith. While Episode III opened in most places around the world on or around May 19, cultural and marketplace differences resulted in Episode III not appearing in Japanese theaters until July 9.

It was well worth the wait, as specific and unique events accompanied the Japanese release. Things began in late May, when an Official Fan Night was held for members of the Japanese Star Wars Fan Club at the Sasashima Museum in Nagoya. Fans could interact with several people behind the scenes of the Star Wars saga, including Concept Design Supervisor Erik Tiemens, ILM Art Director Alex Jaeger, and ILM Practical Model Supervisor Brian Gernand. Anthony Daniels, the man behind C-3PO, was the special guest from in front of the camera.

Currently on tour in Japan is the Art of Star Wars exhibit, a traveling showcase of some of the concept art, props and miniatures used in the making of the Star Wars saga. Displays at the Meguro Museum of Art and the Tokyo International Forum became appropriate venues to celebrate the release of Revenge of the Sith. As part of the press tour for the film's release, Episode III luminaries such as George Lucas, Rick McCallum, Hayden Christensen and Ian McDiarmid attended the opening of these exhibits.

MORE PICTURES FROM THE EXHIBITION HERE:

http://www.starwars.com/community/event ... 50721.html

Boba_Fett

Post by Boba_Fett » Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:07 am

Cool, can't wait for it to be here
Do! Or do not! There is no try

Commander Appo

Post by Commander Appo » Sun Aug 07, 2005 3:12 am

I wonder if it will be just as grand over here. I know quite a number of the stars including George Lucas himself graced the event in Japan.
Commander Appo@Jedi Temple

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:41 am

Well, www.starwars.sg is planning something, which we hope will work. Keep checking back with our main site for more details soon ! :wink:

Commander Appo

Post by Commander Appo » Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:02 am

I sure will. :)

I heard, though it may be a rumour, that there may be a possibility of an exclusive collectible for the Star Wars exhibition at SSC. Can anyone verify this?

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:45 pm

Commander Appo wrote:I sure will. :)

I heard, though it may be a rumour, that there may be a possibility of an exclusive collectible for the Star Wars exhibition at SSC. Can anyone verify this?
Not that I know of at the moment . Simply Toys is selling their Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker (Green) Force FX Lightsaber as an event exclusive, but this is not made specifically for the Art of Star Wars Exhibition in Singapore per se.

We will be meeting up with Singapore Science Centre for another meeting this coming Thursday, and we'll try to confirm if there is going to be any exclusive collectible at all in terms of toys . By exclusive collectible, I would mean that it would specifically say on the packaging that it was an Art of Star Wars Exhibition Singapore exclusive.

Personally, I don't think there will be one though. :cry:

Commander Appo

Post by Commander Appo » Sun Aug 07, 2005 4:48 pm

disappointing. I was hoping maybe Gentle Giant could have released an exclusive bust for the exhibition here.

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:06 pm

Yes, it's disappointing...

Well , you never know.... it's still another 2-3 months till the exhibition. We'll see what we can do to push for something exclusive .... :wink:

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:34 pm

danchia wrote:Yes, it's disappointing...

Well , you never know.... it's still another 2-3 months till the exhibition. We'll see what we can do to push for something exclusive .... :wink:
Why not let's do a poll or something to check what it's like, perhaps someone can take a need to customise a mug or a T-shirt.
Find, fix, finish

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:10 pm

A customised mug or tshirt ? I think that's no problem. What fans are hoping for is something really exclusive , like the Celebration III festival had the exclusive talking Darth Vader that we spoke about on another thread , something licensed from the major manufacturers of Star Wars collectibles like Hasbro, Master Replicas or Side Show.

Anyway, we'll keep you posted :)

Commander Appo

Post by Commander Appo » Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:17 pm

It can be done but you need to order a minimum of 1500-2000 pieces before they will do it.

masterjamous

Post by masterjamous » Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:16 am

danchia wrote:A customised mug or tshirt ? I think that's no problem. What fans are hoping for is something really exclusive , like the Celebration III festival had the exclusive talking Darth Vader that we spoke about on another thread , something licensed from the major manufacturers of Star Wars collectibles like Hasbro, Master Replicas or Side Show.

Anyway, we'll keep you posted :)

I hope our local stalwart toy-makers STIKFAS can get a licence from Lucas Inc to customise a Stikfas-Star Wars version to celebrate this landmark event. This will be truly unique!!
Anybody know the local entrepreneurs?
ImageImageImage

fabianlau

yo

Post by fabianlau » Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:16 pm

erm so how is the price... really all those exhibition at japan will be at spore???
sTAR WARS

danchia
Site Admin

Re: yo

Post by danchia » Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:49 pm

fabianlau wrote:erm so how is the price... really all those exhibition at japan will be at spore???
Welcome to the forum, Fabian !

First of all, the admission price will be very affordable .... I promise you that. I am not allowed to release the final pricing yet ( there will be a press release very soon ) but I can tell you that each ticket should not cost more than $20 , which is truly affordable , considering that tickets to the exhibition in other countries are much, much more expensive.

Secondly, YES ..... all the props and costumes and vehicles from the Japan tour will definitely be exhibited in Singapore ..... and we are value adding the exhibition with OTHER locally designed exhibits which will enhance the Science part of the Art of Star Wars Exhibition.

Don't miss it man ! :)

fabianlau

oh

Post by fabianlau » Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:05 pm

thk for the welcome? but erm erm just ep III stuff ar?? not ep one to six de ar??? i mean the costume and other stuff from other ep is not in the exhibition ar??/
sTAR WARS

Return to “Star Wars Exhibition at the Singapore Science Centre”