Latest News about the Star Wars Exhibition in Singapore

The mega event that came to our sunny island !

Moderators: erase, danchia

e3lipse
Location: Clonetrooper Land - Where the clones troopers roam free

Post by e3lipse » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:01 am

:o Clone photos
You were there too :lol: Opps .. I think you have what i have
After all these years, I still love Clones
"Young one, don't tell me what to do."

masterjamous

Post by masterjamous » Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:05 am

adamteo wrote:how's this?

para para biker scout..

SURE LOOKS LIKE C3PO IN DISGUISE!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImageImage

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:32 am

You know what I'm really disappointed with?

It's the lack of coverage by the local press. All the exhibition got was one tiny little mention above the comics section in Life! in Straits Times on the Saturday (opening day).

I mean COME ON!!!!

This is the pop culture of pop culture. This show is in this region for what? The Only stop in Asia? We have people flying down from Taiwan and HK to grace the event, we have fans from all walks of life (including one battle damaged tie fighter in the parking lot) in costumes, we have LOADS (OK, maybe a couple) of kids ALSO dressed in costumes (yes yes, there's a self interest element here) and you have the PRESIDENT of the Republic of Singapore GRACE AND OFFICIALLY OPEN the event and all it got was a small reference in the COMICS PAGE!?!?!?!?!

A blogger talking about handicapped toilets got more press coverage than this event. WHAT ON EARTH IS GOING ON!?!?!?!?!?!?!? :x :x :evil: :evil: :shock:
Warning - viewer discretion advised

adamteo

Post by adamteo » Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:06 am

sigh....media decides.....we proposes...

Plo Strax-Avix

Post by Plo Strax-Avix » Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:27 am

Gandalf Fett wrote:You know what I'm really disappointed with?

It's the lack of coverage by the local press. All the exhibition got was one tiny little mention above the comics section in Life! in Straits Times on the Saturday (opening day).
I think its due to the lack of celebrity power...SW:EP3 is still being covered here in Malaysia 5 months after the premier, abait due to them using pics of celebrities taken during the event...
Gandalf Fett wrote:A blogger talking about handicapped toilets got more press coverage than this event. WHAT ON EARTH IS GOING ON!?!?!?!?!?!?!? :x :x :evil: :evil: :shock:
Sign of the times... :roll:

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:16 pm

Plo Strax-Avix wrote:I think its due to the lack of celebrity power...SW:EP3 is still being covered here in Malaysia 5 months after the premier, abait due to them using pics of celebrities taken during the event...
Precisely!!! We had the PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF SINGAPORE grace the event for crying out loud!!!

Sighs....... tucks tail between legs and crawls away.... :( :cry:
Warning - viewer discretion advised

izt_is

Post by izt_is » Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:42 pm

Forgive me guys. But that thing about Malaysia still covering it. HAHA. HAHAHA. They have this term in geography. Its called Lag Time. HAHA.

Once again Forgive me, no offense meant anyhow :)

SoloFalcon

Post by SoloFalcon » Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:00 pm

Seriously agreed... we need SW people to inflitrade the media...
I think the media still thinks the AOSW exhibition is not world class...
Either that SSC did not do enough PR.
Gandalf Fett wrote:You know what I'm really disappointed with?
I mean COME ON!!!!
This is the pop culture of pop culture. This show is in this region for what? The Only stop in Asia? We have people flying down from Taiwan and HK to grace the event, we have fans from all walks of life (including one battle damaged tie fighter in the parking lot) in costumes, we have LOADS (OK, maybe a couple) of kids ALSO dressed in costumes (yes yes, there's a self interest element here) and you have the PRESIDENT of the Republic of Singapore GRACE AND OFFICIALLY OPEN the event and all it got was a small reference in the COMICS PAGE!?!?!?!?!

A blogger talking about handicapped toilets got more press coverage than this event. WHAT ON EARTH IS GOING ON!?!?!?!?!?!?!? :x :x :evil: :evil: :shock:
Trust me princess~

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:01 pm

Media wants new news, not old news.

want more publicity? fine, grab a new TCS celebrity to SSC each week, and I'm sure tabloid will follow faithfully for the next 5 months ... hehe :lol:
May the Force Live Long & Prosper ...

SoloFalcon

Post by SoloFalcon » Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:04 pm

Kidnap Fann Wong and put her in Chewbacca costume...
Spread the news to the smaller papers...
and if her fans still support her after this... I kowtao to them...
Trust me princess~

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:14 pm

That's mean leh, SoloFalcon, hehe ... put her in slave Leia costume can attract more crowd than Big Boyz Toyz in Singapore Expo! :lol:
May the Force Live Long & Prosper ...

SoloFalcon

Post by SoloFalcon » Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:25 pm

Eh Fann cannot fulfill Leia's slave costume unless she inject's Jabba's fats in to vital places... or she has the force to hold the illusion...
Dr EMH wrote:That's mean leh, SoloFalcon, hehe ... put her in slave Leia costume can attract more crowd than Big Boyz Toyz in Singapore Expo! :lol:
Trust me princess~

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:30 pm

Erm , guys , I think kidnapping in Singapore carries the death sentence .... :shock:

SoloFalcon

Post by SoloFalcon » Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:33 pm

Eh...
/me waves his hands and stares into dan's eyes... you did not see what we written a couple of post back... go back to what you were doing 10 mins ago...
danchia wrote:Erm , guys , I think kidnapping in Singapore carries the death sentence .... :shock:
Trust me princess~

Plo Strax-Avix

Post by Plo Strax-Avix » Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:45 pm

izt_is wrote:Forgive me guys. But that thing about Malaysia still covering it. HAHA. HAHAHA. They have this term in geography. Its called Lag Time. HAHA.

Once again Forgive me, no offense meant anyhow :)
No offence taken, but just to clarify, the media wasn't explicitely covering the EP3 premier 5 mths after the evetn. They just happen to used the pic of a local celeb taken during that event, so indirectly giving SW exposure... :wink:

Return to “Star Wars Exhibition at the Singapore Science Centre”