Latest News about the Star Wars Exhibition in Singapore

The mega event that came to our sunny island !

Moderators: erase, danchia

masterjamous

Post by masterjamous » Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:40 am

hey people, alamak!! for YELLING out LOUD didn't you know we are here in SURPISING SINGAPORE mahhhhhhh!!!!!!

SURRRRRRPRISEEEEEE...............! No coverage leh!! Gotcha!

Gandalf Fett wrote:You know what I'm really disappointed with?

It's the lack of coverage by the local press. All the exhibition got was one tiny little mention above the comics section in Life! in Straits Times on the Saturday (opening day).

I mean COME ON!!!!

This is the pop culture of pop culture. This show is in this region for what? The Only stop in Asia? We have people flying down from Taiwan and HK to grace the event, we have fans from all walks of life (including one battle damaged tie fighter in the parking lot) in costumes, we have LOADS (OK, maybe a couple) of kids ALSO dressed in costumes (yes yes, there's a self interest element here) and you have the PRESIDENT of the Republic of Singapore GRACE AND OFFICIALLY OPEN the event and all it got was a small reference in the COMICS PAGE!?!?!?!?!

A blogger talking about handicapped toilets got more press coverage than this event. WHAT ON EARTH IS GOING ON!?!?!?!?!?!?!? :x :x :evil: :evil: :shock:
ImageImageImage

DAVID GUIVANT

Post by DAVID GUIVANT » Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:00 am

Gandalf Fett wrote:
Plo Strax-Avix wrote:I think its due to the lack of celebrity power...SW:EP3 is still being covered here in Malaysia 5 months after the premier, abait due to them using pics of celebrities taken during the event...
Precisely!!! We had the PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF SINGAPORE grace the event for crying out loud!!!

Sighs....... tucks tail between legs and crawls away.... :( :cry:

Daniel did mention in a post that George Lucas and Rick Mc Callum were invited but they couldn't come, I am sure they are busy discussing about Indiana Jones IV, waiting for Steven Speilberg to finish Munich before they start this new venture.

Cheers.

Dave :(
CAPTAIN FUTURE: COMING SOON !!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlJQnL4Bulk

DAVID GUIVANT

BACK ON TRACK, BACK ON THE BANTHA TRACKS

Post by DAVID GUIVANT » Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:13 pm

Gandalf Fett wrote:You know what I'm really disappointed with?
It's the lack of coverage by the local press. All the exhibition got was one tiny little mention above the comics section in Life! in Straits Times on the Saturday (opening day).
Dear Fans,

My name is David Guivant, I will be doing a presentation of my shortfilm that was selected and screened in France during the OFFICIAL starwars Convention that was held in PARIS: SW REUNION.

We were published in the FRENCH LUCASFILM MAGAZINE #54
I still get in touch with the publisher and he is excited that my short film is going to be screened in SINGAPORE as part of the STAR WARS EXHIBITION + You guys will get to see the TEASERS for PRIME OF THE JEDI that takes place after the NEW JEDI ORDER.

The Publisher has followed the event like the Uncrating and opening and is very excited. He asked me give him an update on the Singapore event. :P
(There is an exhibition in France but I don't think that he even get to see the people uncrating the items over there)

There is a column in each issue of the LUCASFILM MAG called: BANTHA TRACKS (Sur les traces de BANTHA) that deals with conventions and events that happens around the world like convention in SPain... 8)

I am pretty sure he would also appreciate having some photos from many Singapore fans that attended the opening of the exhibition here. :wink:

If you fans have some photos that you would like to share with the Magazine in Europe, please e-mail the magazine at:

dr.jones@courleciel.com
lucasmag@wanadoo.fr

Or if you want to post a CD Full of photos, you can send it to:

Lucasfilm Magazine
B.P. 82
75961 PARIS Cedex 20
FRANCE

Cheers mates.

Dave :wink:
CAPTAIN FUTURE: COMING SOON !!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlJQnL4Bulk

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:50 am

Singapore Trekkies honour Star Wars by visiting the Art of Star Wars !

Full story here :

http://www.starwars.sg/index.php?option ... 1&Itemid=1

GetzJedi

Post by GetzJedi » Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:47 am

Trekkies with lightsabres! Cool! :D
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:03 am

GetzJedi wrote:Trekkies with lightsabres! Cool! :D
Hehe, we run out of weapons ... :lol:
Last edited by Dr EMH on Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
May the Force Live Long & Prosper ...

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:14 am

On behalf of StarTrek.com.sg, we would like to express our gratitute to the great hospitality offered by Danchia and StarWars.sg for being an excellent host on our visit to the "Art of Star Wars" Exhibition yesterday at the Singapore Science Centre.

Every Trekkies have a wonderful experience ... with the costumes appearance, viewing exhibits display, purchasing merchandise such as the new AoSW book, the "mind" games, the group photo booklets, as well as a dinner at IMM nearby.

Special thanks to SoloFalcon for helping us to purchase the entrance tickets at discounted rate from SAFRA.

May the Force Live Long & Prosper ...

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:18 am

danchia wrote:Singapore Trekkies honour Star Wars by visiting the Art of Star Wars !

Full story here :

Wow thats a nice pic! haha! Lightsabers! star trek cross with star wars! w00t!

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:11 pm

Three cheers to Starwars!

Hip Hip Hurray
Hip Hip Hurray
Hip Hip Hurray

Three cheers to Star Trek!

Hip Hip Hurray
Hip Hip Hurray
Hip Hip Hurray

Three cheers to scifi community in Singapore

Hip Hip Hurray
Hip Hip Hurray
Hip Hip Hurray
:D

We found some hidden talents amongst the Star Trek fans that would make great Star Wars costumers. We are encouraging them to join the Star Wars costumers.
Find, fix, finish

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:19 pm

NOW AVAILABLE : THE OFFICIAL ART OF STAR WARS EXHIBITION BOOK ( Singapore Edition )

You've GOT to buy this ! Full details in our feature story :

http://www.starwars.sg/index.php?option ... 3&Itemid=1

Plo Strax-Avix

Post by Plo Strax-Avix » Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:33 pm

Hi Dan, is this OFFICIAL ART OF STAR WARS EXHIBITION BOOK ( Singapore Edition ) in limited quantity or will there be enough to go around? If I want one do I need to grab it now?

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:59 pm

Plo Strax-Avix wrote:Hi Dan, is this OFFICIAL ART OF STAR WARS EXHIBITION BOOK ( Singapore Edition ) in limited quantity or will there be enough to go around? If I want one do I need to grab it now?
Hi Plo ,

There should be enough at the moment. You'll be in Singapore in time for 10th December , correct ? I'm sure it will still be available , but if you like, I'll pick up one for you . You probably will want the delux version. If you want a particular number , let me know and I'll try to get it for you. :)

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:07 pm

danchia wrote:
Plo Strax-Avix wrote:If you want a particular number , let me know and I'll try to get it for you. :)
What number?
Find, fix, finish

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:11 pm

lhs1701 wrote:
danchia wrote:
Plo Strax-Avix wrote:If you want a particular number , let me know and I'll try to get it for you. :)
What number?

Any serial number you want up to 1999.

The first 10 and serial number 2000 are already taken up .... I can try to get a particular serial number that you want if it has not already been taken up....

hyperxi

Post by hyperxi » Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:30 pm

hey, dan, you can do that? Anyway, is the 'delux' version the same price?

Also, I'm not sure if it's already been mentioned, but how many pages is the book?
Last edited by hyperxi on Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Star Wars Exhibition at the Singapore Science Centre”