Latest News about the Star Wars Exhibition in Singapore

The mega event that came to our sunny island !

Moderators: erase, danchia

donleow

Post by donleow » Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:41 am

BobaFett wrote:Nothing can stop me as I got my spy camera ready. :lol:
Anyway if you ask me from a SW fan point, i think we should respect the decision of the organizers' rights to permit or restrict of photo shoots. If it is a no answer, then i do suggest not to attempt any thing ignorant that make one embarrassed if caught red handed.

Getting first hand information is always good, but again do it the right and respected way through proper channel like asking for permission from the owner site's who owns the pics and info to share and release is much appreciated and respected. I do realized people share info not for a common mindset of sharing good sake but my perception indicate that this is rather a race against time and pride to contribute the article asap and outshine one another which makes the contribution unprofessional and usually ended duplicate or involve in unnecessary trouble like lawsuit..
I encourage posting and let;s do it right way and practice right approach.

We have already raise this query to the authority and they will come back to us soon with answers..

Be patient, my young wookie...

donleow

Post by donleow » Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:43 am

I'm game for a recording, anybody else here would be interested? It could be fun to include in the reading, places official in the SW Universe like Har Gao, Siew Mai and maybe some other Dim Sum delicacies...... It might just turn out really enjoyable like Toy Story told in Cantonese. Ever seen that?
haha i did have serious thoughts on this, that we need some edtiing and recording tool, will be nice to do a highlight of each ep as chosen scene...getting those official sounds is another challenge like x wing and tie fighter sound....haha it is definitely an exciting idea to work with. u can send me a PM and see what we can do with it...

BobaFett

Post by BobaFett » Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:46 pm

Chill, I am only kidding. :wink:

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:02 pm

lhs1701 wrote:What if they want publicity? What if TCS goes down to Science Centre and do a feature on this? Is it allowed?
Of course the Mass Media will be allowed to take photos or do recording in order to do articles or show on the exhibition as long as they go through the correct channels.

Currently from what I read and heard from friends, all Post-AOTC Official SW Exhibition (except those in public areas like CIII or DC ComicCon etc) ban photography except on opening day as in the case of the Italian one. The Japan one had ban photography since it first started years ago.

Hope you all understand that they have to do so to protect the items as Flash will damage the costumes and props in the long run. Unfortunately from my experiences, costumes and props don't really get "maintained" well (aka metal polished, clothing washed) unless the damage it great or too obvious.
Last edited by Haldir on Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:13 pm

Hi everyone,

I just received the email from Singapore Science Centre at 10.30am today.

The official word is , not unexpectedly , that photography is NOT allowed within the Exhibition Hall .

No reasons were given , but I will find out the detailed information when I next speak with the officials from Singapore Science Centre.

At the last meeting that we had with them, we were told that Lucasfilm is extremely strict in its terms regarding photography and media leaks , as is their right, so I'm sorry that we do not have better news for you, but that's the official stand of Lucasfilm and Singapore Science Centre as of now.

daniel

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:52 pm

Man that sucks! My son Xander would certainly have liked it to bring back some photos for memory... sigh.....
Warning - viewer discretion advised

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:32 am

Gandalf Fett wrote:Man that sucks! My son Xander would certainly have liked it to bring back some photos for memory... sigh.....

I feel with ya, bro , but looks like there's not much of a choice.

I just got off the phone with Singapore Science Centre. They confirm that photography is not allowed as stipulated in the terms and contract that they have signed with Lucasfilm . Even when the officials from Singapore Science Centre were in Nagoya for the signing and to see the exhibition there, they were only allowed limited photography, and the few shots that they were allowed to take were documented by the Lucasfilm officials.... that is how strict Lucasfilm is about photography of their exhibits .

Oh well . Let's look at it from another perspective. We can all enjoy the exhibits without all the irritating flash bulbs going off every other minute , and hey, I always believe that the mind's eye , and the images we carry in our memory , are much more precious and vivid than old faded photographs . Your son will love the exhibition, which he will always remember mom and dad taking him too , years and years down the road !

:D

BobaFett

Post by BobaFett » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:40 am

danchia wrote:
Gandalf Fett wrote:Man that sucks! My son Xander would certainly have liked it to bring back some photos for memory... sigh.....

I feel with ya, bro , but looks like there's not much of a choice.

I just got off the phone with Singapore Science Centre. They confirm that photography is not allowed as stipulated in the terms and contract that they have signed with Lucasfilm . Even when the officials from Singapore Science Centre were in Nagoya for the signing and to see the exhibition there, they were only allowed limited photography, and the few shots that they were allowed to take were documented by the Lucasfilm officials.... that is how strict Lucasfilm is about photography of their exhibits .

Oh well . Let's look at it from another perspective. We can all enjoy the exhibits without all the irritating flash bulbs going off every other minute , and hey, I always believe that the mind's eye , and the images we carry in our memory , are much more precious and vivid than old faded photographs . Your son will love the exhibition, which he will always remember mom and dad taking him too , years and years down the road !

Well said danchia!

Flash bulbs are indeed very irritating. I will go with an open mind even photography is not allowed as I love taking photographs. :)

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:57 am

Haldir wrote:Hope you all understand that they have to do so to protect the items as Flash will damage the costumes and props in the long run...
So can take photo WITHOUT flash? ... hehe :lol:
May the Force Live Long & Prosper ...

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:32 pm

Don't worry! ;) There are certain places outside where your son can enjoy unlimited photography and I can always get us itchy again like we did for LOTR. :P We will try to arrange something special as long as it's within the budget.

When one of my FanForce member was in Japan, she get to take photo with a replica of the Vader Suit but hopefully here, we can arrange a lot more things and better.

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:38 pm

That'll be cool! Hey, if you guys going in costumes let me know, Xander would love to pose with you guys! He was so fascinated that night at the mid-night sale that he keeps asking about when the next mid-night sale will be! heh heh.

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:20 pm

Gandalf Fett wrote:That'll be cool! Hey, if you guys going in costumes let me know, Xander would love to pose with you guys! He was so fascinated that night at the mid-night sale that he keeps asking about when the next mid-night sale will be! heh heh.

Does Xander like to dress up in costume ? Cool . We are planning a costume competition for kids to be held at Singapore Science Centre ..... details very soon !

We might even be able to do some press photography with some exhibits with the kids in costume, so Xander might just get those photos with the Star Wars exhibits after all ! :wink:

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:42 pm

He has the kids version of the Darth Vader costume and we went to the screening of Episode III with my adult complete mask and he refused to take it off after the movie. So, yes, I think he would enjoy it.

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:50 pm

Gandalf Fett wrote:He has the kids version of the Darth Vader costume and we went to the screening of Episode III with my adult complete mask and he refused to take it off after the movie. So, yes, I think he would enjoy it.

Great ! We'll put him down as our first contestant then ! :D

We are still working with Singapore Science Centre to see what we can do about limited photography as " PRESS " . I am sure we can arrange something official , and will let you know more details as soon as we get them.

masterjamous

Post by masterjamous » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:21 am

danchia wrote:
Gandalf Fett wrote:He has the kids version of the Darth Vader costume and we went to the screening of Episode III with my adult complete mask and he refused to take it off after the movie. So, yes, I think he would enjoy it.

Great ! We'll put him down as our first contestant then ! :D

We are still working with Singapore Science Centre to see what we can do about limited photography as " PRESS " . I am sure we can arrange something official , and will let you know more details as soon as we get them.

Oh this is great news, Danchia!!!
My son will be thrilled to dress up like a Jedi and my daughter can be her Leia for some photos too. Now will be a matter of finding a pair of Dao Chang to complete the hair piece.
And perhaps I might consider coming as Boba Fett in my own version of costume [because I cannot get the default costume version]
ImageImageImage

Return to “Star Wars Exhibition at the Singapore Science Centre”