Latest News about the Star Wars Exhibition in Singapore

The mega event that came to our sunny island !

Moderators: erase, danchia

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:48 pm

Photography, Video Recording and Handphone Recording are NOT ALLOWED in the exhibition Hall at all time on the order of LFL.

This had been confirmed.
Last edited by Haldir on Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:18 pm

Haldir wrote:Photography, Video Recording and Handphone Recording are NOT ALLOWED in the exhibition Hall at all time on the order of LFL...
So niao huh? :lol:
May the Force Live Long & Prosper ...

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:41 pm

Not sure if there are exceptions.

What if they want publicity? What if TCS goes down to Science Centre and do a feature on this? Is it allowed?
Find, fix, finish

masterjamous

Post by masterjamous » Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:32 am

Ahem......!!, I believe you mean Mediacorp News, the latest fashion.

TCS was last season's collection.

And SBC, well, that's period costume;
and RTS is simply history.... :wink: :wink: :wink:
ImageImageImage

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:37 am

masterjamous wrote:Ahem......!!, I believe you mean Mediacorp News, the latest fashion.

Oooo, masterjamous , are you that old that you remember even RTS ? I thought I was the only one that old ! LOL :wink: :D

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:52 am

danchia wrote:
masterjamous wrote:Ahem......!!, I believe you mean Mediacorp News, the latest fashion.

Oooo, masterjamous , are you that old that you remember even RTS ? I thought I was the only one that old ! LOL :wink: :D
RTS, remember I do
Rediffusion, yes, remember I do
Find, fix, finish

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:41 am

Are photos not allowed? I don't remember that being a restriction when the show was held in Chicago.
Warning - viewer discretion advised

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:12 pm

Gandalf Fett wrote:Are photos not allowed? I don't remember that being a restriction when the show was held in Chicago.
Nothing is cast in stone yet . :)

I've contacted Singapore Science Centre about this, and they will get back to me soon. I'll let you all know what the official stand is about photography within the exhibition hall .

If photography is not allowed, it will be because Lucasfilm requires it to be so in their terms of contract with Singapore Science Centre.

The answer as soon as I hear back from Singapore Science Centre. :)

masterjamous

Post by masterjamous » Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:08 am

Ha, Ha, Ha.....what do you think Danchia, when Winter can be counted as my friend, except that though she has photographic and holographic memory, however, alas for me, I got only photocopy memory, and it is going, going....sigh........sad to be human. :(

And since lhs1701 has mentioned Rediffusion, wouldn't it be absolutely fabulous to have Lei Dai Saw tell the story of Star Wars over Rediffusion in Cantonese!!! every week, that would be a treat....."Siong yat chi, ngo dei gong doh Loke Tin-Dung (Luke Skywalker)........." But alas my good old neighbour had gone to sleep a long long time ago..... :lol: :lol: :wink:
ImageImageImage

masterjamous

Post by masterjamous » Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:13 am

danchia wrote:
Gandalf Fett wrote:Are photos not allowed? I don't remember that being a restriction when the show was held in Chicago.
Nothing is cast in stone yet . :)

If photography is not allowed, it will be because Lucasfilm requires it to be so in their terms of contract with Singapore Science Centre.

The answer as soon as I hear back from Singapore Science Centre. :)

Yes, I do hope they will allow visitors to take photos. the organisers show treat this like Madame Tussards where people can pose with their favourite life-size statues? Costume models? what do you call it?

Yes, pitch it like a Mademe Tussards-kind of exhibition.
ImageImageImage

hbng
Site Admin

Post by hbng » Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:19 am

masterjamous wrote:
Yes, I do hope they will allow visitors to take photos. the organisers show treat this like Madame Tussards where people can pose with their favourite life-size statues? Costume models? what do you call it?

Yes, pitch it like a Mademe Tussards-kind of exhibition.
Looking at some of the photos from the Japan Exhibition, don't think it's possible. It's got those barrier surrounding the exhibit. Considering how much these exhibits will fetch on ebay :twisted: , I'm sure they're going to be very careful :wink:

masterjamous

Post by masterjamous » Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:36 am

Looking at some of the photos from the Japan Exhibition, don't think it's possible. It's got those barrier surrounding the exhibit. Considering how much these exhibits will fetch on ebay :twisted: , I'm sure they're going to be very careful :wink:
Aiyah, this the pits man.
ImageImageImage

donleow

Post by donleow » Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:16 pm

And since lhs1701 has mentioned Rediffusion, wouldn't it be absolutely fabulous to have Lei Dai Saw tell the story of Star Wars over Rediffusion in Cantonese!!! every week, that would be a treat....."Siong yat chi, ngo dei gong doh Loke Tin-Dung (Luke Skywalker)........." But alas my good old neighbour had gone to sleep a long long time ago..... :lol: :lol: :wink:
I m his fan lei dai saw cos i used to stayed in pagoda street and he stayed right across, even got his signature once when he came out with the book abt his biography which is printed with orange trim and black and white pics of him...

i don' mind the idea of formalizing something out in cantonese and record it in MP3 ..juist like what C3PO did telling stories with sound effects to the ewoks in Return of the Jedi...

masterjamous

Post by masterjamous » Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:05 am

I m his fan lei dai saw cos i used to stayed in pagoda street and he stayed right across, even got his signature once when he came out with the book abt his biography which is printed with orange trim and black and white pics of him...

i don' mind the idea of formalizing something out in cantonese and record it in MP3 ..juist like what C3PO did telling stories with sound effects to the ewoks in Return of the Jedi...

Wow, Donleow, you're fan of his!!! Definitely have miss his bio book, any idea where I might get my hands on one?
Those were the days, sitting by the Rediffusion set listening to his Cantonese story-telling of Journey to the West. Such captivating & strong voice he possess. And also that catchy Crown cooking oil jingle!!!!
Ha, Ha doing a Cantonese rendition of a Star Wars story will be a rare Gem, that is if Hong Kongers have not already done it.
I'm game for a recording, anybody else here would be interested? It could be fun to include in the reading, places official in the SW Universe like Har Gao, Siew Mai and maybe some other Dim Sum delicacies...... It might just turn out really enjoyable like Toy Story told in Cantonese. Ever seen that?
ImageImageImage

BobaFett

Post by BobaFett » Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:47 am

Nothing can stop me as I got my spy camera ready. :lol:

Return to “Star Wars Exhibition at the Singapore Science Centre”